Running slow

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Oct 12, 2007.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Theres a glitch in the matrix...i just seen two identical blak cats pass by me!!

No...me and the rest of the mod/admin team had already noticed this between a few of us since just prior to yesterday but none of us were 100% sure,but when me and snick BOTH noticed that it ws ONLY growkind that was taking ages to upload when trying to view threads aswell as the fact the smilies(well only the smilies from the 'old GK ikonboard format) or some of them werent showing up then we soon realised it could be GK related as in something to do with the old GK interface and the newer vBulletin one we currently use...well thats how snick explianed it to me and hes usually right bout this shit,lol!:icon_smile: So for the meantime im using the newer smilies:toothy6:

Al you guys need to do in future if this ever happens instead of virus scans and feet through the moniters,etc,lol,is open up a new explorer/mozilla window and go to a different site to see how quickly it loads up,try other forums even. A good way i use of checking if its MY broadband speed thats slowing shit down or the site im on is to goto one of them sites that check your broadband or dial up speed for you,i went and it told me i was getting full use of my 8meg broadband connection(LAN) so i knew it had to be specifically a GrowKind techical problem like snick has suggested,im sure it will only be temporary and normal service shall no doubt resume once Webby logs in:icon_thumleft:

It'll be a damn fine shame though IMO if we have to give up the old GK archives if this problem IS related to the fact GK was originally using the iKonbaord interface and now uses the vBulletin interface instead,them archives literally hold all the history of Growkind...but im sure its nothing as drastic as that... Cheers:icon_smile:

ps: LOL,this is exciting aint it,like when a storm knocks out all the power and y'all huddle up downstairs with candles looking out the windows at the trees and cars getting blown around,lol....yup im stoned[​IMG]...its the weekend its allowed:icon_wink:

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

"LOL,this is exciting aint it,like when a storm knocks out all the power and y'all huddle up downstairs with candles looking out the windows at the trees and cars getting blown around,lol"

HA! And you all laughed when I built that underground shelter! Spam for everyone! :smoke2:

3. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

evidently I shouldn't be so cheap...

I HAVE DIAL-UP.....!!!!!!!!IT SUCKS!!!!!Makin fun of me spending 5 minutes to see a page...But hey, but it's workin okay for me; I have more time to load bowls...LOL...whatever....I'm so freakin high.....:tard: :sleepy3: :icon_shaking2:

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Damn I Was Stoned Last Night! Lol...

:roll::roll::roll::roll: ....what do ysa mean LION?Ppl are laughing at underground shelters?:5eek: Shit..:eusa_shifty: i better not mention the idea i got for a tunnel to Norway:5headache: ,lol:bduh: :toothy6:Cheers:potleaf:

5. GrassMaster

GrassMaster medicinal chronic

exciting? NO!!! this stinks!!!!! 1-3 mins to load a page and it has been going on near a week now. It's just plain frustrating and someone needs to do something.

6. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

I feel ur pain GM... Try moderating in extreme slow mo... :5headache: :5headache: :5headache:

It took me an hour to replace the missing photos in the odor removing machine thread in the FAQ today ... :5headache: :5headache: :5headache:

Unfortunately, our hands are tied until Webby can be reached. :sad10:

7. AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe Begun Flowering

if were going home you need to extend the tunnel to my dessert...oslo here i c ome...peace az

8. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

For real, I'm going weed forum hopping. I wonder if I can get a forum hopper pass.

9. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

So, any new news?

10. AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

^^^^ya the president sucks an there still crackin down on mm patients..peace az

11. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

That's not new. :)

12. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

I've been fighting requests by growkind for secure connections. Some of them are as growkind and some requests are from a secure server site.

I am not requesting secure connections and when it does do that secure connection my browser isn't in a secure connection mode...

I'm more a linux guy but I have a feeling something hasn't been right here for a while.

Oh and I get that serious lag and the attempt to connect secure by growkind when I come in and select the forum from the menu.. The secure attempt doesn't happen when I sellect say a post link from the main menu to say beginner lounge for example.

Let us know if we are dealing with a major hacking effort here. Maybe a LEO effort?

13. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

The problem is with the OLD GK server that hosts the Ikonboard version of GK.

Looks like it finally crapped out, but a lot of files were still linked to the old place... Like some of the smilies. Those smilies (about 67 of them) have been disabled to help with the latency issues.

Unfortunately, a problem still lies with the sponsor links, which only webby can disable. They are still trying to link to a dead server & causing a delay in page loading.

Removing the smilies dropped my lag time from 2 - 4 minutes per page, to about 45 seconds & I'm on a DSL connection.:5bomb:

14. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I changed it to 5 posts per page, makes it a bit faster. Snick do you mean by "removing"...do you mean the ones that are automaticly disabaled or can we turn them off all together? If so, how?

15. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Looks like we are back up to speed.:car6:

16. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Same here!

17. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Webby is back and working on things. He hasn't gotten all the bugs worked out just yet but getting there. :)

18. AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

defently running faster..peace az

19. juniorman8

juniorman8 Say it with me... Ahhhhhh

Oh, yeah. That's much better!

20. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Wheeeeeee!!!!!

:wav: :wav: