Running slow

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Oct 12, 2007.

1. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

thanks for looking into the slowness. i haven't been on in about a week, so i've got lots of reading to do!

thanks for fixin it :D

2. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

better here!

Thanks all!:new_silly:

Gratitude

3. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Whew!!!

Hope that never happens again!!!

Working on getting smilies back up....

And, adding some different ones as well...:toothy5:

If stoner me misses some of your favorite ones, holler @ me & I'll get 'em up again. :ty:

4. GrassMaster

GrassMaster medicinal chronic

AHHHHHHHH!!! THis is better.

5. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Thanks to the mods/admins/webby for getting us back to normal. :virus:

AND

for the new smilies. :icon_rabbit:

6. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

I still have a question.

I see that when I access this site and log in and enter the forums I have a port that opens up for growkind.com...

Why is that?

I don't see any other site open a port... The Ip reported connected to is 128.121.62.237

Any clues as to why this is happening here?

IP Address:128.121.62.237+

Hostname:growkind.com

I've noticed this before but never thought to ask.

edit...

Found out that it is a proxy server...

???? Anyone ???? Am I being hacked?

Now I have 4 ports accessed here... with a proxy listed as growkind.com

----------------------

my bad I did see an entry when I accessed another site... Maybe someone can explain what is happening with those "comments"

I'd appreciate it.

7. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Ahhhhh.

you don't know how much you miss something until it totally sucks for a week. Thanks for getting us back to normal!!!!!!!:zicon_elephant:

8. snickelfritz

Uhhhh, Yeah Randy... You're being hacked... NOT

:skull:ALL UR FILEZ ARE BELONG TO US!!! :skull:

My firewall is doing just fine.

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I was having withdrawals :crybaby2:

10. Randy High

So what is the multi-port thing doing ... That's what I'm asking.

oh and GREAT work GK on the repairs!

11. snickelfritz

I don't know Randy... It is not showing up on my computer.

12. Randy High

Oh...

I get like 2 or more whatevers listed as Growkind.com

If they are processes it's more than say Icmag.com does.. Hey what can I say I learning about it.

Forgive the questions... I find an answer I'm sure...

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

"Its sooooo good to be back..."

[​IMG]Theres [​IMG] danger of LEO or any [​IMG] "hackers" being present at Growkind.com,thats a LIL irresponsible to suggest that randy man,could scare of members ya know.Your a retired mod,you know the work we put in doing constant and regular security checks:rolleyes: ....

[​IMG]Its so good to be back at full speed[​IMG]finally,and new smilies!Nice work Snick/Guys[​IMG]

[​IMG] STUFF WEBBY & mod/admin![​IMG]Cheers

14. Randy High

Never never blindly trust anyone.

Even if they have cute graphics...

15. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true. :smokin: Thing that gets to me is the "security certificates" or whatever they are.........I'm sure (no, i'm not, I "think") they aren't anything sinister...but what are they? They show up every once in a while, expired something or other...

16. snickelfritz

The expired security certificates are caused by some pics linked to the old GK.

Some of the pics are in in the FAQ, Smokers lounge, The old Pot shots, (now the Growkind Gallery) etc... are from the Old GK Gardens section.

Webby didn't feel like paying $200.00 to update certs on a forum that is no longer open for posting. Would
    you want to throw away money when you didn't have to? :$ :

The recent problems were partly due to a hardware issue. That has been resolved. The other cause one of the techs at the ISP accidentally removed GK's IP addy from the config in the adserver, further creating the recent nightmare. There were too many connections requesting access to a server that wasn't available. That too has been resolved.

Gotta love technology, eh?
    :scream:

Cannagirl likes this.
  17. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Well, sometimes I like technology.......I like this smily for one!!!!!!! ;) :cannagirl:

Best part is, I will never have to look it up!! Thanks bro you rock :smokin:

18. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one AM dealing with a major 'hacking' effort here......oh wait.....that's just me toking on my beezer. :animbong:

Don't let paranoia rule Randy.....:suave:

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

But we cant live in FEAR though Randy..

I never would blindly trust a person but i cant live my life in constant fear,"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." as a wise person once said.I give out trust in small doses till im comfortable to be more trusting but as far as GrowKind goes it is as far as im aware 100% "hacker" free and no LEO members that i know of.

[​IMG]

You cant let fear control your thought process Randy,your a learned man and read philosophy like Aristotle and Socrates,or read quotes on sites from them but the point is,i too believe in my own philosophy and fear is not part of it,here are some writings that i think we could all benefit from,the writings of the Master philosopher known as Yoda:icon_smile:Cheers:smokin:

PS: BTW lovin the new growkind icons/smilies,excelent additions.Although i cant say iv ever trusted someone on their graphics:bduh:

Philosophy & Lessons of Life

By Master Yoda and other Jedi Knights,starwars characters.

Each Star Wars quote on this page provides a unique and profound lesson about life. These quotations inspire, teach, and advise you on how to deal with everyday situations. Add them to your self-help notes and use every Star Wars quote to enrich your life. In particular, I like Yoda’s lines i find him more relevant than say ...aristotle or some ancient philosopher:icon_wink:.

Quotes From Yoda

[​IMG]

• "Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an Apprentice."
    [​IMG]

• "Already know you that which you need..."
    • "Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view."
    • "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try...."
    • "Size matters not! Judge me by my size, do you?"

• "Ohhh! Great warrior!Wars not make one great!"
    • "You must unlearn what you have learned."

• "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

• "You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive." A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. "

• "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force."

• "Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight."

• "A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind."

• "Always in motion is the future."

• "And well you should not. For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you...me...the hemp...the earth...the butterflies...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!"

• "Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past. Old friends long gone."

• "Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you."

• "Grave danger you are in. Impatient you are."

• "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."

• "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

• "Always in motion is the future."

• "Around the survivors a perimeter create."

• "Size matters not."

• "May the force be with you."

• "Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could not see."

• "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force."

• "Help you I can, yes."

• "Strong am I with the force."

• Anger, fear, aggression... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

• Death is a natural part of life. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
    • Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.

• Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.
      [​IMG]
    Quotes From Obi-Wan

• Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.
    • Who's more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him.
    • You cannot escape your destiny.
    Quotes From Darth Vader

• :stop: The circle is now complete. :evil4: [​IMG]

20. GrassMaster

GrassMaster medicinal chronic

Come on now everyone use your heads. Of course LEO is watching this site just like every other mj/mmj/ or hundreds of other types of sites deamed to contain illegal material and or dangerous sugesttions.

On the flip side LEO would not hack a site to gather info on the site itself, but rather goes after individuals, like the stories we've all heard.

Randy said it best: DTA-don't trust anyone!!!! Do not say or post anything on the internet you would nt say to or show LEO himself, that's just common sense people