Sean Parker Hero or Villain in the Legalization effort?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GreenThumb, Jan 24, 2016.

1. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

It was a Tuesday and it was raining in California when the billionaire technology and music industry disruptor Sean Parker upended another sector this afternoon, with the release of a new initiative to legalize marijuana in California in 2016.

So what does this mean to the other nine efforts with little or no funding and high hopes??

As one who has been here at GK for over 10 years off and on I hated prop 19 and favored better however in this political clime where Mexico and Canada will join the Pot Party if California legalizes I say we need to get out and vote yes on this effort because it is seriously funded and we are not going to have a third chance in my lifetime unless some other rich person is willing to pay.

Parker’s proposal — called the Control, Regulate, and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act — calls for ending cannabis prohibition in California, and allowing folks to possess up to one ounce of bud and grow up to six plants. Cities would have wide latitude on cannabis commerce, but couldn’t ban small, secure personal indoor gardens.

The bottom line is even in hick areas of California we can have a legal garden. That is not even possible with Medical prop 215 in counties such as Stanislaus.

Further more it will be possible to have a Canna-business under licenses. Perhaps not in the Pro-Slave Anti-Abortion counties and localities but at least in some places in the "free-state" localities in California.

Simply put we have to do this now and stop wasting our "couch-lock time" dreaming and whining.

Every dollar you donate to Sean Parker's effort is matched by Sean Parker dollar for dollar so GIVE some BUCKS to pay for signatures!!! Who works for free even to save their own ass?

DO IT NOW! :coolbounce:

:jj::thumbsup:

GreenThumb

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

fuck sean parker and auma right in the ass. case closed.

3. GreenThumb

:good job:Ah, you are probably a cash cropper who doesn't want weed legalized at all except to keep you out of jail. Am I wrong?

But do tell; what is your leadership like? What do you support? Perhaps I will follow your direction on this issue.

GreenThumb

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I am not a cash cropper and I do want weed legal, just not this way. This is the same thing Ohio tried. And why the fuck do I need anyone's permission to grow a damned plant? I promise you that if AUMA or MMRSA get passed then "legal" marijuana in California is just plain fucked. Both of those are just big money grabbing at the whole pie. I support CCHI. http://www.cchi2016.org/

The bigger problem though, as I see it, is that everyone involved in these three initiatives are infighting so bad that we will not get shit accomplished. People in California NORML are actually throwing around accusations about child molestaion, theft, graf and other crap.

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

And as far as keeping me out of jail, it's been illegal to grow in sacramento county outside for two years now. The laws are not really enforced here unless you are a gang banger or do something to get on their radar. I have a 10 x 20 space and I fill that mother fucker up every year. The way the law is written now as far as sac county is concerned it is a simple code violation if anyone does say something, you literally get a per day fine for every day you don't rip it up once the code enforcement people show up. If auma or mmrsa pass then yes, they can throw you in jail. I am a retired contractor and so I know a lot of the code enforcement people and believe me when I tell you, they want nothing to do with raiding a pot grow.[​IMG][​IMG] View attachment 20092 View attachment 20093

ck4.jpg

ck2.jpg

/monthly_2016_01/ck4.jpg.891f6e156d3ec0b285483213aac0beb4.jpg

/monthly_2015_09/ck2.jpg.f295ee583ef60ee8044bec75d2038fc5.jpg

6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

fuck norml too....and fuck big money in our line of work

trading one oppressor for another isn't freedom

it's one thing to set up like alcohol industry, it's totally another to write laws to protect big investments so they can control a billion dollar industry to ensure their profit margins.

and this man has what 3 billion....but wants our money....a special fuck him for that

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I agree about NORML Nip, I started to join them until I really saw what went on. Fuck that shit. Have you seen the Direct TV commercial about the Settlers? First thing I thought of was NORML when I saw that.

[YOUTUBE]ASyhJ0lRIU0[/YOUTUBE]

9. nippie

there's no doubt in my mind that norml would sell out every single grower they could out to make way for corporations so they could make more money. All one has to do is look at Ohio for confirmation of that opinion

20 years ago norml had my support. now they are as worthless as the ones fighting to keep marijuana illegal...except norml is worse, they do it for profit not for moral reasons

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
  10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Ab, you going to chime in on this? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

11. GreenThumb

Cool..

I state that I have been around a lot of years.. Can confirm that so take me as I cum.. LOL...

Back to the issues of our primary..

Sure it's fucked up. "You betcha" Sarah Palin quote :danger:

I think I can make my point quick and painless.

If we decide we don't want any legalization on principle, those making money now win even bigger, longer and uncut eh. So don't think of this as losing because what laws have we violated for decades? Seriously; the biggest baddest and the most prison time kinds and with Sean Parker's we would face fines instead??? HELLO!!!

We still need to fight but lets get in the ring for fucks sake...

Like I said I have been around a long time. It's not that it's the best, it's the timing that matters: just ask your woman.

You Betcha lol!

Again what has a chance?? I am reading... Please share.

GreenThumb :not-worthy:

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'd take a moment to point out that the national organization of NORML does not, in fact, represent the intent, goals, or coalitions of the local NORML chapters. Here in my State I'm active NORML and we've teamed with the MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) to attempt to overcome exactly the type of thing that almost happened in Ohio, could happen in Cali, has happened in New Jersey and Minnesota.

If some big name, big $$, big reputation, cat comes to town and starts doing their own thing even though there are current groups active in the battle to end Prohibition? That spells trouble for all concerned. As an activist....I'd rather they not be part of any conversation anywhere at anytime. They pose a risk. A risk of looking the ass in media and jeopardizing years of groundwork. They may provoke questions the anti's had long given up asking. They also bring "cling ons". Those folks who are either entourage or opportunists that are looking to cash in on their rain maker's cloud dance.

If in outsider or newcomer is tossing legalization $$ around out in Cali????? Watch yerself boys, nary a good thing happens when this occurs.

And Nip...that NORML snitch thing....we'll let that pass, this time.

13. GreenThumb

Whatsup RR?

Would you see authorizing the individual to have a garden as an a advancement in the movement?

In in California it is a drama about who has access to industry.

In my personal life I could care less; if my garden is my garden and protected under law. Are we holding the private citizen hostage on the grounds of industry? People the Banks win always.

Seriously if you grow the best you will get laid er I mean paid or what the fuck it's all the same thing really (Janis Joplin " all the same day man.")

What I am saying is that a foundation will crumble under the weight of liberty if that foundation is weak however the house will be rebuilt if the people need shelter.

Build the first house.

Again I say show me better.

14. GreenThumb

Oh shit I didn't see you gathering the wagons around you pilgrim.

"" If in outsider or newcomer is tossing legalization $$ around out in Cali????? Watch yerself boys, nary a good thing happens when this occurs. ""

Interesting but back to the discussion about legalizing. Please. Trust I know this site and leave it at that. It's fun yes?

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just life GT. Wagons?

Trust me, I got no dog in the California fight right now. Couldn't give anybody any advice on who to back or what for. Gots far too much to do right here at home. What I have noticed, and experienced, though is a trend of late comers who tend to gum up already functioning coalitions, draw from generally meager coffers of funding, confuse political concerns, and, generally end up being well taken care of once legislation is passed.

Not saying that's what's happening in Cali, just haven't seen such a scenario happen for the positive very often. Maybe you guys are the exception? Could very well be. :bong2:

16. nippie

I should have phrased that better, really meant to say sold out, but hey I honestly feel that way.

What the national scene did was wrong, and they did it for money and to have a seat at the table and theye knew they were burning bridges but they had their golden ticket in hand.

I should be careful in my wording, not all chapters are bad, most in fact are great....but we had local division and they shouldn't have put their dog into the fight and only did because of promises.

Mpp is something I'm learning quickly about because I may back them this year. But norml, i can't won't do it.

I hope you guys cohesion than we did.

17. GreenThumb

Your mistake is I am not a late comer.

So now you want to vet me.

It's possible until then extend the courtesy of treating me with respect.

Please read and respond to the conversation and skip the power issues.

Am I not selling , buying or otherwise violating TOU.

18. nippie

But I stand behind keeping big money out. This is one industry where we all have a chance if given a chance.

You shouldn't lose the fight because someone has deeper pockets

19. GreenThumb

I am enjoying chatting tonight.. Woman is running around with a rag in hand.

In Buddhism we see it as a vehicle we get in then get out of when we arrive. Same should be true with legalization. Once we all have Gardens protected under law our world changes.

So get in the rusted old car or the new hybrid and then simply get out at the party if we can make that party happen.

Paid monies to both norml and mpp a lot of years.

20. nippie

I couple questions..

Are you being paid by any group to promote this? It seems like I've been feed these lines recently but I'm not a cali kid, so it seems kinda of pr to me

Is English your primary language? I ask this as I speak to a few different nationalities and sometimes things are lost in translation. I just want to ensure I am understanding you correctly.

Finally, it's ok to wait. Patience is a virtue. Taking a bad deal just because you think it's going to change is foolish. I'm not in cali so no dog in the fight, but speaking in general terms I would look closely at all the fine print