Shhhhh... Not allowed to share this yet.

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by SirStynkalot, Aug 26, 2014.

1. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well since the beginning when LEDs were complete shit with all this promise but nothing in the end. Everyone for the most part has been skeptical ever since. The only people who have adopted them all started small. Some quite a bit smaller than my personal, what I would consider an on the border micro grow. They have slowly began to expand. The reason you haven't seen them is because like all new technology there is an adaptation period. Everyone didn't switch to DVDs or BluRay, from carbed motors to fuel injection, Natural aspiration to turbos/SC and other forced induction, in the medical world from culture to molecular methods. They know what they know, and skeptical of something new that's not tried and true. Even String theory and the world of quantum mechanics to traditional Newtonian physics. Now since I'm only 29.... kinda impossible for me to say but I would imagine HID didn't just take over the grow scene overnight. Though perhaps it was more quickly adopted. Either way time will tell. I won't sit here and try to persuade you for a large scale grow. Just saying the data is there like other new coming technologies, just because you don't see a vast support in the public eye doesn't mean you won't sometime in the near future. The only two even somewhat larger grows I could personally show you that are anywhere close to what you would want to see they would not let me show you pics. Then again none of you guys have really seen much of anything other than my personal closet bs. LOL But the one buddy and his dad that were using lumigrows and CLW solar storms with HPS is now all apache tech(8 in total in a 16'x24' space) and couple different DIY(both are electrical engineers) mostly cob and small bloom booster monochromes they made in 630 and 660. Then another buddy from college that was using the HTG lights in place of the 600s is now using A51 XGS in place of the 1ks in the the other room. 3-1ks were just replaced with 9- A51 XGS. So I'm interested to see how that goes. I know the guys with the AT will never allow pics. I might be able to get some from the other guy though. If I can I will post them. The only thing I ever got from his HTG grows are these. 4-432s(think they are ~330-350W) and one cheap Chinese that somebody gave them that half the damn lights are out on... LMAO This is the one telling me how the way he trimmed his plants how he eliminated all his popcorn he was getting under the 600s.

[​IMG]

If you know me from the past, and look closely you might recognize this strain.... I took a similar pic. Good 'ole LUI. Legends Ultimate Indica ortega pheno

[​IMG]

Though let's just sit back and see how this plays out for them. I have no clue about pro source to be honest. Only thing I know is this video I found on youtube. Now SirStynkalot, don't take offense to this but.... I could not stop laughing. As soon as I saw pro source worldwide then saw the guy all I could do was laugh and think about was step brothers. "Prestige world...wide.wide.wide.wide....". LOL

[YOUTUBE]xJIjJ5nZUZw[/YOUTUBE]

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i hear you skunk but its all about the $$ in this light competition, like anything...theyre not even remotely comparable in price...downright crazy to even be considered if you wanna roll in a large room

Im all about doing whats best so if it takes off, ill be the first to say im wrong and go buy 10 of these fuckers but till then...Fm:roffl:

3. skunky

For sure. Understand it's definitely an investment. Either way HPS, LED, induction, Plasma, whatever it's pretty cool that the lighting world is making leaps and bounds here lately. For a while there it all seemed pretty stagnant. HPS was by far superior the inductions, plasmas, and leds were all shit. It was either use HPS, MH, or CFLs and Flos. Then CMH came along. I'll say this much if I do anything other than LED it will be another CMH. Bet CMH and LED would be THA SHIT!!!! lol

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I agree on the CMH, mine was badass in all ways but shes been retired...don't have a use for it really

5. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

As far as the Prosourceworldwide LEDs go, I went and saw that grow op in the video in person. The results were quite different from what I've seen in the past and locally produced currently by LEDs. The buds were much heavier and denser than other folks' LED results, and the trichome development seemed on-par with HPS.

We had three major deciding factors:

The first was that the ROI at even close to advertised rates isn't terrible after you factor in energy savings and equipment life. The LEDs are under warranty for 3 years. I'd expect to replace digital ballasts every two or three years and HID bulbs every 6-9 months. Those costs add up quickly.

The second was that, after the 3 phase wiring for the whole building, the massive transformer, and the increased HVAC, I actually found that on a commercial scale the cost at build-in was almost exactly the same with HIDs or with LEDs. If anything, it costs more to build in for HIDs after the code bullshit they've thrown at us. Good example is rooftop HVAC units - they wanted us to spend a bajillionty extra dollars to have RTUs pass inspection, since technically they all have to have huge maintenance platforms and several ladders to and from them. No other business in the area was required to do that but we were and it was going to add another five figures per HVAC unit if we ended up needing industrial RTUs instead of smaller floor-mounted homeowner models.

The third was that our business owner has never grown pot and is terrified of the equipment. She wasn't satisfied that it was safe to be working around HIDs and nothing I could say could convince her otherwise. The heat and voltage scared her. Can't say I'm very happy about being overridden from such a wild concern, but it is what it is. Probably shouldn't have told her some people are dumb enough to burn themselves once on a 600 degree bulb but they usually don't do it twice.

Also, please pardon the slow responses. Busy busy busy these days. Looks like we're getting our building permit "sometime next week."

6. skunky

Will be staying tuned. Definitely to see and hear more.

7. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

C99 from Female Seeds. I've grown it a few times now and LOVE the C99. One of my all-time favorites. Not only a great smoke, but a high yielder and fast finisher. Couldn't ask for more!

8. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

Oh gods Tony how could I forget! I used to drool all over your grows and I seem to recall some C99 scattered amongst the Mandala. Thanks!