Solo's shrubbery

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by SoloFlyer1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Thnx Gfam, UBB...all y'all!

:)

:qbluewacko:

2. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

K, ya git the idea....

LOL, here's a pic...

[​IMG]

There are 8 more sites like these in total this time...plus the stretchy popcorn that'll be PERFECT as joints! Or tea? Or cookies? or, or, or....

:icon_bounce:

LOL..so we'll see..time to just post up and see what happens!

Meantime, lemme add that there's definitely a HUGE advantage to keeping the blue spectrum in there, so far. These plants show NO signs of vegetative growth yellowing or fading in any way. They are 15 days into flower. We'll see if that translates into totals.

I *think* I can see a MASSIVE harvest...holy shit....

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Ok 2 weeks next picture you better show us some buds!!!!!!-Bud

4. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

LOL, yeah,I know.....dammit, it's this REAL TIME thang! No matter how sweet I am to em, they just WILL NOT hurrythefuk up!!

:angry:

Haha...but, well, I'm liable to KEEP posting..

so..

snoooze..

5. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Looking good!

Are you going to tighten that screen?

6. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Well Choker..?

LOL, I really have no idea what I'm doing here....

BUT

I'm shootin to keep ALL the 'main' colas WITHIN the best 'pool' of light. My hood is about 16"x24", so the bud area is about 24"x36" or so..with 14 colas as close to the same height as possible. That's a 400W HPS.

Again, :icon_confused:

LOL...so far so good tho...check back in about 5 weeks!

:love4:

7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Have you ever used a screen like that before? It looks pretty neat & good for controlling the height & supporting the buds. But what about harvesting is it going to be a problem.-Bud

8. choker

choker HIDING OUT

That screen is doing nothing.

Stretch is tight across them. Tight as in ya can strum the screen. That will hold the buds up. It will also even out your canopy.

9. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Bud, I've never done anything like this.

I can tell ya it's a wonderful thing tho'!!

That screen hold BOTH plants perfectly. There'll be NO issues with them getting out of hand or breaking and the bud (sites) stay exactly where I want em!!

When the time comes to let em loose, snip snip; that screen is PLASTIC!

Yup, I think it's a keeper!

10. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Im afraid that the screen is holding the stretch part of the plant too close together that they will not get much light. So the top 2 inches of the bud will be full and below that will be under developed. With the screen tight ya can spread them apart so the light can penitrate deeper down the bud.

I am just saying i had that happen before. I lowered the screen down about 6 inches tightened it up and they got light. From looking at your photo i am getting a flash back.

11. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Hmm...well, Choker?

I can tell ya for absolute certain that the developing bud sites get PLENTY of light!!

As to tightening the screen, it's way to late for that!

This has been a matter of gauging the plants' 'stretch' time, and getting the bud sites THROUGH the mesh and in position in time, without TOO much more 'stretch' AFTER they're through.

Oh, and....well, this time I've 'written off' the popcorn, pretty much. All the attention (and light!) is focused on the main colas. Heh...

So, we'll see.

12. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Oh! OK

13. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

That damn botanical Frankenstein...

:icon_confused:

Oh shit....took a nap, got up..looked in on the grls and WHAT DO I SEE?!!?

[​IMG]

:5headache:

Arrrgh!! That damn lil fuk has been at it AGAIN!!

Dammit....so much for my sensi crop!

:5headache:

Well...? Nothin to do but make the best of the situation, I guess....heh heh...so, we'll see!

If it works that'll be an interesting cross....White Widow X Brainstorm.

:smokin:

14. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

10/18...

..:smokin:

20 days flowering today....

[​IMG]

The screen is really handy to tie the buds down

Plants are thriving! So far so very very good!

:love4:

15. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Lookin good

Phew.. I just got myself caught up on your thread.. all in all, lookin damn good, fam!

So is that WW your growin there? I believe thats what I read..

And can u give me a lil info on the IV bags and how they work. Also where do u acquire something like that?

Also, I believe with most SCROGS, the netting is pulled tight, and main colas are trained through each opening in the screen. Making one even canopy of colas 1" apart.. I also believe anything below the screen is cut completely off focusing all of the plants energy on the mains.

But I understand that you are experimenting with the netting and your not really going for the SCROG. Lookin good tho. Cant wait to see the frost hit!

Good luck, and keep it comin.

GFAM

16. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Lmao G fam!

Haha, well, good! Glad ya got wrapped up a little! And thanks, I'll take that as a compliment!

Strain is Brainstorm....White Widow is what I pollinated with! LOL...hard to keep track, I know...my threads are crazy!

I honestly don't know what the hell I'm doin here....tryin NOT to kill my plants is the main thing!!

Ahh! The IV bags! Heh, they work perfectly! These ones hold 1 liter. One can set the drip speed as fast or slow as desired, so they are really effective! My Mom is an RN, so I got em that way...but I see that there are lots of sites. Google 'IV BAGS' and boom!

As to the screen? Well, it's worked pretty well to keep things even, and it works GREAT to tie the buds down while providing lots of support too.

17. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

~Nuglettes~

20 somethin days...all seems well!

[​IMG]

Speaking of well, be well!

18. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Can't milk that one much longer Solo!

No one is going to buy that line if you keep growing...I think this may be the last grow thread you can use that line in. :wink:

Looking good man, "nugglets"... I like it:qbluewacko:

Grat

P.S. Both of mine germed and made it through the soil! :eusa_dance:

19. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

It's about time budage-Bud

20. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

*Snooze*

Haha!

K, 32 days flowering and here they are!

[​IMG]

Starting to 'see' what's happening in terms of Gs now....it's lookin very good!

:suave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BUD! WAKE UP!!