Some mistakes were made...

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by RKinG, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

way to go Rking... ladies looking great in flower... the little ones growing niccely.... and total bonus on the clones man... its an anxious time when you cut your first clones... i know i was like an expectant daddy waiting for mine to root... CONGRATS man... looks like we both will be happy first timers

2. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Thanks for the love BB. How awesome is flowering your first time? I thought veg growth was cool, but seeing buds develop? Speechless. Can't believe those clones rooted especially after saying, "fuck it." Lesson learned lol. I just hope they pull through. I've learned most from my mistakes, as I'm sure every dedicated first time grower does. I'm just wait and see right now:popcorn-2:

:passsit:

First time buds haha

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

yeah man seeing those buds first show and then start growing is awesome... im starting to see the trichomes starting to develope... thats very exciting as well as the tiny leaves are getting coated in sugar yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa man way cool...

4. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Happy to report NEW GROWTH on clones

[​IMG]

BURMESE KUSH 12-25 CLONED

[​IMG]

TIME WARP CLONED 12-22

[​IMG]

MIDNIGHT KUSH CLONED 12/25

[​IMG]

EXILE 12/7

[​IMG]

ROCKLOCK CLONED 12/7 TIED DOWN A THIRD TIME TODAY

[​IMG]

FLOWERING BEGAN 1/8

ROOM TODAY ABOVE

[​IMG]

UNKNOWN STRAIN 10-23 CLONED 22.5 INCHES TALL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TIME WARP CLONED 10/23 32 INCHES TALL

[​IMG]

CLOSE UP

[​IMG]

TIMEWARP #2 CLONED 10/23 33 INCHES TALL

5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

timewarps lookin kinda strtchy...whats ur temps? how far from what kinda lamp?

curious :pimp:

6. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

This is my first crop and these stretches I blame on my noob mindset at the time. They're under a 600 watt HPS and have been since birth, sitting currently 8-12 inches away and temp is low 68 high 75 degrees. Picked up a 400 watt MH lamp for my second crops veg cycle. I won't be so nieve with my lamp placement this go around. I can already see the difference.

Thanks!

7. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

You wanna put a 600w less than 8 inches from the tops of your plants?

8. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

I wouldn't say there less then 8 inches. My cover has no glass in the hood and is immediately cooled by the air, allowing me to get pretty close with it.

9. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

hey, if you can manage it, congrats! I've tended to start to get light bleaching at about 5" from a 6 bulb, so you're cutting it close and should probably raise the lights daily until week 3 of flowering, but closer lights means LOTS more weight.

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Looks like things are coming along Rking. Keep up the learning process my man. :good job:

11. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Can't help myself but everyday they look so different...

rocklock (two days after third tie)

[​IMG]

Exile

[​IMG]

MK

[​IMG]

BK (little green sprouting)

[​IMG]

TW

[​IMG]

12. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

So the ladies are becoming top heavy from flowering :thumbs-up: . I need to put a rod up but should I just tape it to the outside of the bucket or next to the plant. Fearful I would damage important roots rodding next to the plant. Lemme know, Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gizmo_barks likes this.
  13. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Hi RKing.

I'm giz. I show up from time to time.

Some sweet looking plants u have there.:thumbs-up: In no time you'll have some sweet bud.

As I was enjoying your thread, I noticed that I didn't see any fans. U have fans? Just asking.

peace

G_B

14. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Thanks for the dro by Giz! Sure do have a floor fan oscillating between med and high 24-7. That's what allowed them to grow so tall stabley up until this point. Can wait to be cheefin!

15. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

So been real busy lately with school. Went out on my own cause my thread was getting no love about what to do from toppling and they were leanning HARD.:angry: . I actually found threads saying to string branches up to the ceiling :roffl: . Sorry not going to be limboing into my grow room everytime I walk in there cause spiderman beat off all over my plants.:roffl: . I didn't want to stake them though due to fear of hitting vital roots. So i gave them antennas on the side of the buckets and ran two seperate strings pulling from both sides. Pretty proud of myself being all innovative.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Putting steaks into the soil would have done no harm. Just use a thin dowel

as a steak. Don't go sticking a 2 by 4 into the soil. You may hit a couple of roots but you are not going to kill the plant.

Just my opinion.

Peace.....

17. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Innovation has a lot to do with it.:thumbs-up:

18. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Update: Day 36 into flowering. Wish i had a better camera. Close up is a lil more detailed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CCrete likes this.
  19. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Noticed some brown spots on the leaves last night on my smallest plant. Picked up some CalMag+, hope this quashes the problem.

20. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Next time a pinch of EPSOM SALTS from the pharmacy per gallon is key during late veg and early flower