Some mistakes were made...

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by RKinG, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Sooo Fine! Well Done!

2. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Thanks so much MG and Scotty, feelin the love haha.

3. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Day 57

Leaves are yellowing real hard on my front two plants, while the back one still remains rather green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:passsit:

4. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

So I snapped a small branch last week off with a couple popcorn nugs and dried them out this week. Just smoked it and it was a lot smoother than I thought it would be. I am rather blazed and hadn't smoked at all else today. Making me look forward to the real deal when shes all done. I plan on hacking them down this Sunday and I can't wait!!!!!!!

I wanna pack my :anibong: and than :bong-2: and than have the :popcorn-2: and think about all my hardwork.

This bud has me floatin. I am also thinking that marijuana is like farts, everyone loves their own brand! :roffl:

Can't believe I smoked weed I GREW!

5. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

It is a rush, isn't it. Wow, reminds me of my first finished grow. I screwed up the first few because of heat and cold issues, but yeah, It's unreal what we can do if done right. After u build up some stash, u might want to try budding a little longer. I find I like most of my grow at 10 weeks.

stay cool, and be safe.

peace

G_B

6. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Thanks Giz. Time restraints due to incoming family have had to keep me at 8 weeks unfortunatley.

Here are two of them I trimmed last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BOOYAH!

Bigbud214 likes this.
  7. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

dude this is the holy grail time.... im looking at a quart sized jar thats 3/4 full of my OWN grown Pineapple Express... i left a few tiny buds out to dry and smoked em and man wow.... the smell after grinding was intoxicating... when my friend smelled it he was like ohhhh yeah where did you get that.... lol if he only knew just down the hall in my bedroom was a closet full of it lol... he couldnt believe how good it smelled... then we smoked and damn im sooo freaking exstatic... they ICANT BELIEVE I GREW THIS feeling lingers hehehe... i cant wait to see how the smell and flavor developes as it cures... especially seeing how the few nuggets i have remaining of that OGK i chopped a few weeks ago smells totally different than it did just last week... so much danker and deeper in aroma... enjoy the fruits of all your hard work

8. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

BTW... it totally sucks seeing those big buds shrink by 70%... i knew tha loos of weight but seeing a HUGE bud dry to 1/3 its original size is so SAD

9. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Thanks BB! I know I had like a chop down ceremony haha! I am so fuckin tired though, started at like 6 trimming and didn't finish till 4 AM. Shit is intense. I left a few nugs for my self to dry early as well. I totally know what you mean about the friends not knowing, hahaha. If only. Can't wait for my next batch! This has been such an experience, I know what you mean about the shrinkage lol. no bueno.

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

No its not, It goes from a useless big mass to a lovely smokeable nug :mashed:

11. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

ES-:roffl:

So I was real curious to get into the roots of my plant and see what she used. In my opinion, 5 gallons for my grow was a waste and probably limited some of my potential. Right now I am growing in 3 gallon buckets and already pushin 3 feet with much stronger stalks. The roots made it all the way down, but as I pulled her open it felt weak on the inside.

[​IMG]

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:good job: and :congrats: on the harvest. Enjoy the fruits of your labors and GET BACK TO WORK AND GROW SOME MORE!!! :thumbs-up:

13. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Thanks Ras and we are in full swing with the next already.

14. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You're bang on there. That root mass is tiny for the size of the pots. I dont think your grow suffered due to the size of the pots, the oppersite really. Your plants where still very green at the end. This is due to the ample root space they had. They always had enough root mass to supply the size of the plant.

A lot of grows yellow at week 4ish due to the pots being too small. You can grow a 5 foot plant in a 2 gallon pot. The only thing is is that it will yellow early. If you pull the roots out and the soil is hardly visable due to white root mass its root bound and it will yellow fast. Your grow was green to the end and the root ball was hardly visable. That just means the plant had optimum growing conditions start to finish.

The only thing id say is that you wasted soil on the size of the plant. It could have vegged longer. You'll get to gauge that as grows go by. A little wasted soil is nothing in the scheme of things :mashed:

15. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

For sure skuz! I was real interested to see what the rootball was going to look like after knowing what one in a proper medium looks like.

[​IMG]

Here's what it was all about!

Final weights:

Jane Doe: 136 grams ( she was still a lil moist )

Timewarp 1: 99 grams

Timewarp 2: 89.3 grams

thanks for all the help!

:passsit:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You sure they aren't all a little wet with those weights???? :alienwink: :good job: :passsit:

17. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

they probably have about another two weeks to cure or so, but I was a lil anxious and ready to put this thread to bed lol.

18. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I agree with ras. From the looks of that pic., there's no way you have 300+, properly dried. In fact, you'd be wise to let that air dry for a day or two before jarring. You don't want your next mistake to be mold :yikes:

Properly dried, you're prob looking at more like 1/2 that much.