Something new. Coco and LED

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by skunky, Feb 6, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

:thumbsup: I love having jars of bud around.

2. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Very Nice Skunky!!

LEDs have come a long way since I was last messing around with them. Thanks for the show! :thumbsup:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Looks like a money shot to me skunky.

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:good job:

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well for all of those The total was 463.7g or 16.6oz, so beat my .93g/w best with a 1.34 g/W. Of course those harvests of everything spanned about 3 weeks from the the first to last plants chopped. But I'm stoked. Probably just keep the stagger in and out due to the differing flower times. I think that will help keep the efficiency. I don't think yield would be as high had everything been crammed in there together the entire time harvested around the same time, If they even had similar flower times and that was possible.

6. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

Quite impressive!

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Better than I could put up. Nice job man.

8. skunky

Thanks guys. Hoping I can keep it consistent. Here is a little update of what's going on in there now. Think I'm going to try and squeeze another 4 in there.... We'll see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]v

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. skunky

Arranged the larger 4 to where they got optimal PAR readings, rearranged the other 3 then squeezed another 5 in. So there are a total of 16 plants in ~2gal containers.....

edit: Sorry I guess when my batteries died it messed with the camera settings....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. skunky

Couple more updates. Coming along fine. Next round I'm going to go a head and line the area with mylar. Just to help protect the walls from liquids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  11. Mrgreengenes

Now that room is full. :goodjob: :bong-2:

12. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Got um packed in there!!!:thumbs-up: Are finding better returns from smaller plants and greater numbers. That would seem to avoid wasting any valuable space. Finding the right strains for that approach surely helps too. GOOD JOB!!!

Be Cool, CG

13. skunky

Thanks for the kind words.... (Yes there is a corny pun within that statment). LOL Yeah definitely crowded. Though it seems to balance it self out. Though now I'm considering making my own CXA 3070 setup. Going to have to sit on that idea for a minute though. Make sure I really want to take that on over here. Because if I do it I will have another 1lb per cycle setup. Would do 6 CREE CXA 3070 Z4 3000K ran at 1400mA for around 300W that should beat the current 345W from the A51. No one running those is pulling less than 1g/w as far as fixture goes it seems. So considering a 4x4 tent with about 645W, so equivalent power consumption as a 600W HPS but the producing power of two 1k's. The DIY option is not cheap, but you can get more bang for your buck. Though you have no warranty backing is a major downfall, however if I buy the right components with their manufacturers warranty I'm think I would be in fair shape, I think..... LOL That's the only gamble. Anyways. I'll post a link to what i'm thinking about doing.

http://www.rollitup.org/t/another-cree-cxa3070-diy-thread.824364/

Here are the current 16 girls just basking.

Oh and one more thing. What kinda pisses me off about LEDs...... The fact i cut a damn hole in the roof of my brand new house thinking I would have to exhaust heat out and away.... Mutha fucka!!!! Seriously get this shit 76 in the house right now, 77 in the room....:BangHead: I could have just started with a tent and vented directly in the room and probably had better climate control. :roffl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Skunky if you do a build, PLEASE do a thread on that. Make the thread for like a 10 year old. That'll help me.

I need to get serious about my g/w or rather g/kwh. I guess because of the constants g/w is a better across-the-nation metric due to the variation in cost of electricity from place to place.

I was in the local shop today and the owner and I had a fairly frank discussion about growing. Not like over-the-top open, but he made like he's been growing for 10+ years commercially without actually saying it. Dunno if he's regurgitating data he's picked up from discussions or what but anyway made me think. He was saying that LED won't produce the weight - same shit I used to say before dxe and your grows. Now, he doesn't know Area 51 or Rapid at all. I mentioned them - no idea. I'm sure he's bombarded with a million LED products daily. But if I'm gonna actually play in this game, I gotta step it up a bit and be able to at least SAY what my g/w is.

ATM I'm pretty loosey goosey. :LOL: Anyway sorry for pointless rambling thread jack, inspired by JBKOK my excuse.

15. skunky

If I do for sure. I'll make sure and do it step by step with pics. Other than warranty coverage that seems to be the best. Though of course. The A51 guy building the lights is buying from a major distributor that doesn't do licensing discounts. Not to mention those are the best authentic prices found online at digikey and mouser. Captain just pulled 18oz of about the same wattage as me @ 1/2 the cost. Pretty crazy.

16. skunky

Alright. So if the guy who has the Z4's will hold them until next week I believe I am going to get started on a DIY and expansion. 6-Z4 bin 3000K CXA 3070s will run me $276 shipped just for the LEDs. I will expand to 4x4 with aims of ~650W(COB DIY and the 2-A51s) to produce 1.8-2.2lb per cycle. Most people are pulling ~1.3g/w with the 3070s. So I will do 6 3070s with dedicated drivers @1400mA mounted to individual heat sinks with their own fan on each. No lenses, but may use reflectors if I can find them. Each light will be about 50W. Overall looks like the light will cost me about $2/W to build, around $600 total costs of supplies. Which isn't much cheaper than buying lights, but this will perform better so got to take that in to consideration. So unless anything changes over the next week that's what will be in the works for the next up coming cycle.

Also I would say once I put this up, this would honestly be the best thing for those curious of LED but not wanting to fork over a bunch of money. They could build a 50W light for about $60-75, 100W for about $120. That 100W should be capable of producing around a qp.

17. skunky

Couple shots from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Great job Skunky.... You are rocking the LED thing....

19. Mrgreengenes

I'll be changing up in the spring to LEDs. :thumbsup: I can't wait. :coolbounce:

Plants are looking good skunky. :goodjob:

20. skunky

Couple pics from yesterday. SD is coming down tomorrow night and plan on finally moving everything into the tent. Been caught up all week spending time with my son and his mother.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]