Spinks Grow #4 - Nirvana's Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by spinkler, Apr 18, 2010.

1. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

So here we go, grow #4 and some real genetics! After a rocky start with the germinating seeds becoming stuck in their growing medium I was a little worried. I gave them some time to strengthen up a little bit and eventually loosened the medium around them so they could sprout up and it all seems to have been a success... On with the grow show!

About this grow:
    • Wonder Woman seeds from Nirvana
    • Hempy Buckets
    • Perlite / Vermiculite mix
    • Veg Lighting: 100W CFL
    • Flower Lighting: 400W HPS
    • General Hydroponics 3 Part following Useless' Formula
    I'll be growing these two as my very first mother plants, ready to clone away. I'll be constructing a bubble cloner in the coming weeks and hope to have some clones in the flowering tent ASAP!

[​IMG]

2. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Looks like the cotyledons on WW#1 were stuck together with what looks like a piece of the seed husk. I gently worked them free today... The plant is looking a little weak, but it's still alive... Hopefully it pulls through.

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I've recently popped my Extrema and I've learned to be paitient and let the shell do it's thing. I've 'gently' removed enough shells, only to have coty's come with. Then you're fucked.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the WW :thumbs-up:

4. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Time for some updates. :)

#4-1:

[​IMG]

Since the cotyledons being worked free she's strengthened up a little bit, but her growth has been very, very slow. Time will tell if she'll pull through I guess. I'm betting that considering she's not dead yet, she'll be fine.

#4-2:

[​IMG]

Now this one is looking healthy as anything. One of the leaves are twisting ever so slightly.. No idea what that could be at this point.

I'm thinking I might repot this one very soon and start her on some very weak nutrients. I might repot her tomorrow and give her a feed in a few days, I'll see how she goes. :thumbs-up:

5. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

I'll get some photo's up tomorrow if I can. Apart from that, here's a little update on how they're doing. :)

#4-1:

Getting stronger, but slowly. Very slow leaf development so far. I think the tap root has been working it's way through that Oasis crap I used to germinate them in, so there's not much root mass yet. The good news is she's alive, so we should see development kick off soon, I'm hoping.

#4-2:

Repotted today! Got her in a nice big hempy bucket and started her on Useless' Week #1 (5-2.5-2.5)

She started to look a little sick.. Even a little spotty already. I think I should have started feeding her much sooner than this, hopefully she's all good now.

6. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

good luck, spink! :cheerleader:

are these the seeds you ordered? are you finally done with unpredictable bag seeds? :potleaf-3:

pulling up a chair, will see how this progresses, best thing with weak seedlings is not messing with them, they're so frail, you can break them before you know it.....

:popcorn-2:

peace

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

7. major

major Begun Flowering

F*** bagseed, now you start.:droooling:

:popcorn-2::anibong: ready to watch the show.

Ps: For the ugly seedling; I had 4 vegging plants (sannies indica mix pack), 3 were extremely beautiful and bushy and one was ugly and skinny from the beginning, now I only have the ugly one under my 250 HPS flowering because the others all turned male and the ugly seedling is now a 3 cola monster.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Woonndderrr Woommaannn!! :thumbs-up:

:popcorn-2: :cool-pix: :passsit:

9. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

#4-1:

[​IMG]

Soooo... She's alive, at least. lol. You can read about her history above, of course. Seems like she's compensated by growing one massive leaf. I'm guessing she'll come good if I give her time. I'm going to repot her after she puts on a touch more weight.

#4-2:

[​IMG]

Mmmm... This one's looking good. Can't wait to get her cloned... and flowered... and harvested... :droooling:

Certainly the best looking seedling I've ever grown. Nice and compact. I had a better angle but the photo was out of focus and got deleted, I've got the closet all closed up with boxes in front of it now, so I'll post a better pic in a couple of days. Oh, she got repotted 6 days ago. The root structure in the little solo cup was pretty impressive, so I'm guessing her roots have crept down towards the reservoir now. She's about to start week #2 of veg nutes tomorrow. :thumbs-up:

10. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Thanks GTWT! They sure are! Finally done with that hermie crap. :beerchug-2:

11. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

my 2cent

try something that's not "crap". possibly get u better results.

12. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Yeah, I certainly agree, note the past tense I used. ;) :thumbs-up: I'm probably just going to germinate using the paper towel method in future and see how that goes - at least I know it can grow straight through that.

The Oasis I was using was passed onto me by a friend with the first plants I started growing.

13. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Watchin' the Wonder Woman

We all remember the ugly duckling story.....:eek:hyeah:

:popcorn-2: :new_popcornsmiley:

:passsit:

14. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Updates + Photos

#4-1:

Has put on a little bulk, but not much new growth. It needs to be repotted badly. Now that I think it's safe to do so I'm going to wash some of my old perlite (it's all I have right now) and get it repotted and see how we go from there.

No photos, not much progress since last time apart from getting a little fatter in the stem. It's still very much alive, at least. :p

#4-2:

Roots are in the reservoir and she's taking off like a rocket. I need to get off my butt and get something sorted out to clone with. :)

pH has been rising. Runoff has been measuring out to about 6.0 - 6.1. I flushed her really well both yesterday and today with 5.8 balanced water and I've managed to drop the runoff to about 5.9 so far. I'm going to let some more pH adjusted water sit tonight and flush her again tomorrow. Might mix this weeks nute solution a touch weak, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

lookin really good there Spinkler! nice job man!

Keep us posted!

Peace

-LM

16. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

#4-1: Repotted her today finally... I've been lazy. She was rootbound big-time, but the roots and entire plant structure apart from her wonky upper-half is extremely strong. I'll get some pics uploaded once she develops.

#4-2: Lots of growth. She stretched a little - I checked her one morning after checking her the night before and she'd grown so much that she was touching the light. I'm guessing only for a short while because the burns weren't very serious. Pics below. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Lookin good Spink.

Retiree

18. Potsitiveminds

Potsitiveminds Developed Alternating Nodes

Nice grow man!

19. buds4ever

buds4ever Lost in the woods

Healthy girls..Looks great!..B4E..:popcorn-2:

20. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Thanks guys! I'm absolutely stunned at how much stronger proper genetics are. Everything about her is so healthy. Can't wait to see her flower! :thumbs-up: