Spinks Grow #4 - Nirvana's Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by spinkler, Apr 18, 2010.

1. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Updates!

Day #51 Since 12/12

"Ms Tall"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

________

"Ms Short"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

________

[​IMG]

2. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Holy shit, grab the coat before you look at these bad girls. Ice ice ice baby. Lookin great bud

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Those are some showy lil girls. I liked this pic alot. Looks like frost rime along the leaf edges.

4. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Hey Spinks!! OMG!! Lokkit them SPARKLIES!

I cant WAIT...my Baby is 15 days old and lookin pretty cute.

Im def planning on starting to defoliate her when she reaches six inches--not total fan removal, but by the time she's ready for 12/12, she will be pretty naked. I'll be taking lotsa clones. Some, I will leave "au natural". Others wil be defol'ed to see what, if any, diff it makes. Lots of pics along the way.

Here's my lil baby WoWo.

[​IMG]

5. bncooldude13

Dix, If i was you i would ask a mod to move your thread from begginer to gallery. Or start a brand new thread for you awesome wow. So we can compare at the end.

6. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Thanks to all for the compliments, they really are looking frosty!

Can anyone offer me any advice on the length of the flowering period here? I mean, everything I've read says WoWo takes 8-10 weeks to flower, and today was day #51, so in just over 2 weeks it will have been 10 weeks of 12/12.

She really doesn't look like she'll be ready in 2 weeks to me. Yet, she looks very Indica dom, so I'd have thought it'd not go much longer than 10 weeks.

WoWo's parents are apparently Ice and Skunk if that helps. I'll be watching trichs and everything as best as I can without a microscope, and I'll be sure not to harvest too early.

7. bncooldude13

Holy shit, mothers are ice And skunk, that is awesome. Good strain

8. Dixie Hicky

OH HONEY! PLEWASE get a pocket scope! At Radio shack...or on line....you've put SO much time and TLC into these Lovlies...and without a scope, how can you see thrichs?

Im stumped on the length of flowering time, too. They do LOOK like they need more than two weeks...I have learned thatr the seed sites tend to often be wrong about flowering time! Also...since I flower in my garage, where it's kinda cold once the lights go off, I dont know whether the cooler temps will make them flower quicker...or slower! How are your temps in the flower room?

In any case, you need to SEE then tricky trichs!

Oh man...I cant wait to hear the wet weight, the dry weight and most of all...how she SMOKES!!!

Dixie

9. Dixie Hicky

Oh. OK, bncool. Will do.

Dixie

10. purplegrape

purplegrape Germinating

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

11. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Updates

Today marked Day #60 since 12/12.

She's continuing to put on weight, but I'm feeling pretty uneasy in judging when I should start flushing. So far I'm thinking at least another week (maybe two?) on nutes and then flushing for two weeks.

It's really really hard to see the bud development, there's SO much bud leaf! The top colas don't appear to be stacking on the weight like with bagseed I've grown in the past...

If anyone out there has anything to add on this last stage of flowering that would be fantastic, thanks. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

You really need to check the trichomes to tell for sure. I suspect that if you look at the trichs your are going to find most are cloudy and a few still changing.

But by the strain and all I would say you got about 2 more weeks at least.

If it was me I would give them one more heavy feeding and then start flushing on the next watering. That should help with putting on some more weight.

13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice & frosty looking girls. I see your judging your time on when you put them in 12/12. I don't know how others do it, but I start my count when they start to show their flowers. So 12/12 doesn't necesarily mean day 1 of flower. It could take a week or so to really start to show so week 2 of 12/12 could really be day 1 of flower, imo. So this could be why it looks behind. Now this is just my opinion and how I do things. Keep up the nice grow and a smoke report. I'm interested in their taste.

14. Dixie Hicky

I agree. Have you looked at the trichs? It's time to do that, for sure. Im concerned...because really, I cant see much bud...? Yes, they ARE super leafy! Pics arent a substitute for the real thing...can YOU see bug buds under all that folliage? By now, the strains Ive grown have eight inch buds sticking out thru the leaves. WoWo is a thing unto herself, I think.

But...going by vision and FEEL, how are the buds? Fat? dense? How long? Sticky? Smell?

Compared to other strains you've grown, are the buds in the usual 60 day ballpark? Cuz it's weirding me out! If I just saw the pic and didnt know, Id say, "Those look about one month into flower."

The plants..how tall are thry? With nothing relative, it's hard to tell in a picture. 3 gal container? 5?

hmmm. It IS weird!

But based on weeks, I do think it's time to start a flush pretty soon. And a trich check is imperative. We dont know nuthin til we see them tricky trichs!

Hang in there!

My WoWo is um..three weeks old or thereabouts and just moved into her 2 gal. container. She's looking fine and fat but I expected her to be bigger than she is (even tho she's bigger by far than any other strain Ive grown, at three weeks, LOL)

WoWo is unlike anything Ive seen so far.

Let us know what the trich check shows--

Dixie

15. Dixie Hicky

REALLY? Ive been counting day 1 of 12/12 as the "beginning of flower". Duh. If the countdown doesnt start until bud foirmation begins...wow...that could add two, even three weeks, right? If that's the case, those plants may need another three weeks, maybe four? Holy shit...this is a whole new doncept to me. it would sure explain a lot, tho, LOL...because every grow Ive done, Ive always thought my plants were just slower for "some" reason...if the seed site says "7-8 weeks", mine seem to always take two weeks longer than that. Jeeez.

How does everybody else count weeks?

Mind blown again!

Dixie

16. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Okay, I've kind of seen the trichs. I have macro lens for my camera which is missing the adapter, so I need to hold it up manually, but I managed to get a decent pic, though it'd be nice to have more zoom. Regardless, they're mostly milky, some clear, no amber yet, as of 2-3 days ago.

The buds on those two smaller plants aren't tooooo shabby, but yeah, they're not as weighty as the bag seed I grew in the past. However, if you scroll back a few pages and see the behemoth in the back of my tent, the buds near the light on her are nice and fat!

This leads me to believe that maybe my two little clones should maybe have vegged for a week longer - this will be something I try out next time. I more or less hit the clones with 12/12 the moment they had a good root system established and they were quite small.

They are starting to stink pretty bad, and they're stickier than most glue sticks I used at school. :p

60 day range for previous strains were looking pretty fat and ready for an early-ish cloudy-trich harvest.

These two plants are about 1.5 - 2 feet tall, very compact. I was trying to get a feel for how tall to flower them in a SOG.

Oh, and they're in 3 gallon containers. Maybe slightly smaller, like 2.8 or so, not sure exactly. They're just over 9 litres.

They're in bed now, so I'll work on some trich shots over the next day or two after they wake up! :)

17. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Whooo! Trich shots! I don't think I actually need a scope... :p

So I managed to get some trich shots with the macro lens, I did the best with the lighting I had... After seeing what I can do with the camera I'm really not sure I even need a scope.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... Mmmmm... I'm starting to see some purples. :droooling:

TheFomorian and insaneface like this.
  18. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Wow, those are really close shots. Nice!

:droooling:

19. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

looks like they could use a little MG to me leaves look to have some simitar shapes. and pointing up at such an angle is another clue.

20. insaneface

insaneface Begun Flowering

Whats up Spinks those pics and plants are comming along fine... i like the trics in that pic great job man:good job: