Spinks Grow #4 - Nirvana's Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by spinkler, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Im sure I saw soime amber trichs in the last pic, didnt I? But I THINK most are still at the cloudy but not quite amber stage yet?

OH MAN!! Are those beautiful or what??????

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!Now...be sure to FED EX a BIG bud to ME ya know...becuz Im SURE you need ssome HHELP...abnd all... and you know...Im always HAPPOY to uh...you know, HELP out...so...FEEL FREE...

You da MAN!

Dixie

2. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Weekly-ish update

Both of these girls are still really filling out. Today they were due for a flush, but I'm still not sure whether to keep feeding for another week, then flush for two, or just start their two week flush today and go ahead and harvest. :icon_scratch:

Dixie pointed out a couple of amber trichs on a picture I took last week (previous page) which I can see, but I haven't seen any since... I took some trich shots today and haven't seen any amber on those. They're not great shots, I'll try to get more later on and post them.

But yeah, the centre cola is still really filling out, slowly but surely. I don't have enough growing experience to know when to expect the weight to pack on, either... Should I be feeding them? Or will they continue to pack on a little more throughout the final two week flush?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Loving the Ice Spink, great bro :droooling:

4. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

I've decided on feeding for another week... One thing I learned in the past was that when I think it's ready, push it another week.

Hopefully she'll put on some weight and I'll start to see some amber trichs.

5. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

those look amazing, spink! i can't wait to start mine next summer :) :)

that's some crazy foliage too. i've never seen a plant so full of leaves!

if i remember my reading, you don't want to feed in your last couple of weeks. someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but the last week or so, you just flush and water, and your buds will pull the last remnants of nutes out of the plant. (that's why they look like hell before you chop....)

good luck, and let us know when you chop :thumbs-up: and how much you get!

peace

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

ps did you ever find any hot shot strips???

6. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Thanks GTWT! The foliage is blowing me away, too. I was planning on using a bunch of bud for some cooking this time around, but the foliage is SO packed with trichomes that I think I'm just going to cut all of it away and use that for cooking instead.

Absolutely correct about the flushing. I was trying to decide whether to push them for another 2 weeks (flushing) or 3 weeks (1 more week of food + 2 weeks flush) and I've decided to push them the extra week. The trichs are pretty much all cloudy now with a hint of amber here and there by the looks of things.

As for the hot shot strips, I honestly didn't look... My tent is in the same room that my (indoor) cats hang out in, has their food and water out there. After hearing the warnings about the strips affecting pets I didn't bother - the tent exhausts directly into their room. Thanks for checking, though! :)

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Those look pretty sweet my man!!!! You did a great job on them. The foliage is wild. They almost look like suculents.

Teamster6

8. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Thanks T6!

After tending the plants today I'm really left feeling a bit underwhelmed.. Today marks 70 days (10 weeks) since I flipped to 12/12, and there is very very little bud mass on the two smaller plants I've been posting pictures of.

I've decided that today is their last feed, flushing from here on out for 13-14 days.

I'm thinking that maybe I should veg some more next time before switching to 12/12. Next grow I'll definitely go ahead and JOG my plants as recommended by Nirvana.

I'll throw up some fresh pics tomorrow when I have them out to flush! :thumbs-up:

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

They just keep getting frostier. Good job. They should pack on some more bulk. Most do in the last couple of weeks.

10. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Some photo updates incoming later today, but for now I thought I'd include the following...

Dixie sent me a private message asking how my WoWo was and if I'd harvested yet, BUT HEY DIX, YER INBOX IS FULL! ;)

So yeah, I decided to include my reply here.

_______

Hey Dix!

She's doing okay. The smell is incredibly strong, the trichome coverage is insane, yet the buds just aren't putting on much more weight and I'm left feeling a little disappointed. I'm lucky I have an extra massive TREE at the back of my tent on top of the two little ones - I was going to turf it because it was unhealthy but right now it looks to be yielding about the same as the small ones, if not more.

I put off my harvest an extra couple of weeks, yesterday was their last feed and today I start flushing. Harvesting in ~13 days, and will surely post in my WoWo thread!

I think my issues with my WoWo not putting on weight are due to the fact that I flowered them when they were so small - this was my first time cloning. If you can, try to veg them an extra week or two, I think. Good luck!! :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

So I had some sun shining through the roof today that allowed me to get some really clear macro shots... No amber trichomes yet?! Today is 71 days since 12/12! I'm guessing Wonder Woman just doesn't show much amber, or..?

I've started flushing them today, planning to harvest around the 19th-20th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

lookin pretty milky, spink!

i don't recall from your earlier posts - did you throw them straight into 12/12, of did you veg them at all? they are super short and bushy, and one fatty stalk in the middle. i'm thinking, as you mentioned earlier, that jog might be better for a lush strain such as this.

i jogged one of my last tents, (the other was normal grow) and i'm just curing it all now, so i can't tell you as far as yield how it compares, but it seems that it would be more beneficial to spread the wowo out a little more and let her grow, and a jog grow would do that nicely....

are there others here that have grown WoWo? that can tell you if theirs were as bushy and leafy? just wondering...

you bonsaied her, right?

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

13. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Nah, I didn't bonsai these, just the mums. :) These girls were cloned, and I vegged for only a week or two, letting their roots establish, then threw them into 12/12.

I love the short stature, even though I have a tall tent I only grow with a 400W so shorter should work better. I think next time I'll give them a full 3-4 weeks veg, while jogging them a little. Hopefully that'll work out.

I'm just super puzzled about the long flowering period these WoWo's appear to have. 10 weeks so far and it's very difficult to find an amber trich, yet they appear so indica dom, and I thought indicas generally had shorter flowering periods.

Regardless, while the buds are small, they're dense enough and they look like pretty top shelf smoke. Looking forward to smoking this! :)

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  14. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Very nice little ladies you got there Spinkler!:bigok:

Your gonna have a blast manicuring those babies I'd say.:laugh: They look VERY tasty though. Seem to be nice and frosty. :) :ebert:

Sorry I haven't checked in on this thread more often . . . it's weird how a person a this site so damn much, like me, can miss threads entirely.:laugh:

Great job and thanks for sharing.:alienwink: :affro:

15. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Cheers Rocky!

9th day of flushing now. That's day #79! It's a pity the WoWo is taking so long to finish properly, I'm hoping it's just something I've done wrong. :p

I've read somewhere that while it's rare, not all strains show prominent amber triches. Maybe 9 - 10 weeks will be fine next time? I might test it out next time, we'll see.

Planning to harvest on Friday/Saturday. That'll be day #84-85.

The trich shots weren't as clear today, but still, from what I can see there's barely any amber.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's some fresh shots of the monster up the back that I thought wasn't going to do too well. Glad I kept her. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stickyicky24 likes this.
  16. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

... OMG... Someone come help me trim this please? This bigger plant is taking hours!

Some photos coming when I'm done. I wish I wasn't so OCD over getting rid of all this bud leaf.. It just tastes so much better when there's no leaf in with the bud. :p

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Crying you a river Spink...poor poor fingers must be so sore. The pics look great!

18. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

lol, thanks Res :p

My wife bought me home a pair of good spring loaded scissors from the fabric store down here. They look identical to the ones growers on here use, with the pointy nose, rubber grips, heavy duty spring, but they're purple and grey instead of black and orange. I hope they stand up to the abuse they'll go through the same as the ones I see GK members use. :)

So, my fingers are okay thankfully, it's just the tendons in my wrists hurting a bit because the new scissors haven't been worn in yet. I can't imagine doing this with regular scissors! :icon_confused:

The WoWo is extremely sticky, and as you can see there's a shitload of leaf, so the process is pretty tedious even though I've only got the three plants. I've taken a break for tonight and will continue tomorrow, I think there's about five branches left on the big one.

The side of the larger plant that was facing the back of the tent has some pretty weak bud formation. Very weak actually, as was expected - there was no light penetration back there. All those bits have some nice trich production but just covering a very small amount of the calyxes. It looks pretty much unsmokeable just because there's no mass, so I think I might just throw those bits in with the trim to make some cannabutter.

19. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

ALLRIGHTY!!! Im dying to see the pics.

My WoWo is getting a little bigger but still smaller than I expected at six weeks. Bushy and fat, squat. I have foiur clones started. Im gonna veg her at least two more weeks.

Spinks, how much stretch did you get? And about how big when you put her into flower? Mine isnt more than 10 inches tall! She's in a two gal hempy, under my UFO LED.

Dixie

Dixie

20. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Congrats Spink bud looks nice and frosty.

Try trimming an elbow every harvest all at once. :BangHead: :BangHead: