Spinks Grow #4 - Nirvana's Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by spinkler, Apr 18, 2010.

1. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Mine were in 3 gallon hempy buckets, and they did stretch quite a bit in flower. It's been a while now but from memory I induced flowering when they were only about 6 inches tall. I flicked the switch to 12/12 after they had been potted for a week, so they could establish some roots.

The two smaller plants that I'd been keeping a close eye on in this thread ended up about 1.5 - 2 feet tall, and my larger plant also grew by about a foot. So from my limited experience I'd say be prepared for a 12 - 16 inch stretch.

Don't freak out about the size, they stay pretty short. If I can offer any tips at all it would be to top the centre node, and try to keep it as short as the side shoots! If each cola has their height controlled like this I think she'll put out a lot more weight.

The bigger buds that were near the light on my larger plant are pretty rock solid from what I can tell so far.

Be prepared for a lot of foliage and a lot of chopping! :p

SteelCity Smoker likes this.
  2. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Congrats Spink enjoy the fruits of your labors. I use 5.5" trimming shears like a barber uses. Maybe you switch hit between both? At any rate Cheers :bong-2: Steelcity

3. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Harvest pics!

Some overdue harvest pics! Included a large Bic lighter in each pic for some perspective. Holding off my new grow for a little bit until the weather settles down - it's been getting pretty hot over here.

The smallest of the 3 plants gave me very little. This was an experiment to see how it'd go if I flowered a week after planting the clone... WoWo seems to want to stay pretty short so next time I'm going to veg longer.

I should point out the two leaves I have drying on the right - each one had a couple of flowers growing on them, almost like a wart, lol.

[​IMG]

A wide shot showing the harvest from the other two plants, then two close-ups. The bud in the box on the right hand side had a lot of really wispy/light bud as it didn't get a lot of the light. I'm going to use all that in some cannabutter along with the three bowls of trim you see at the bottom of the page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Finnaly, Omg. I was waiting for this moment.

The amount for 3 plants, aint to bad, seem like alot of really great smoke.:anibong:

And the leaves are awesome colors. Truly WW.

Btw what you doing with leaves? Make Hash or toss?

5. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Thanks bncooldude. :)

The yield seems to be okay, but I'm still disappointed I flowered those little ones too early and didn't JOG them.

A lot of the leaves did turn out to be some awesome shades of green and purple, and the trich coverage was incredible - I'll post some photos of those to close off the thread once it's cured a bit.

As for the trim, I'm putting all of it plus some of those smaller buds I mentioned in the little box on right hand side in one of those pics, into a block of cannabutter, then I'm going to make some kick-you-in-the-ass brownies! :thumbsup:

6. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

And cheers ScS!

Regarding your rep comment, I'd love to try full on hydro, I'm just searching for an easy to build setup that would suit my environment. It's really hard to do aquaculture style grows where I live, the quick changes in ambient temperature really screw with the water temps I hear. I'm thinking of building a small flood table to fit in my 1m x 1m x 2m tent, though. I'll see if I can get my hands on some pumps throughout next year! :thumbsup:

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Great job sprink!! I love that purple ting on the buds!!

Teamster6

8. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

I'm back, with a smoke report.. And brownies!

I've been semi-afk for the Christmas break, enjoying my WoWo as it cures more and more. It's quite the treat now! I thought I'd drop back in on this thread one last time for a smoke report.

Cured Wonder Woman is so extremely smooth to smoke, it's an absolute pleasure. It has the tendancy to give me a dreamy high, not unlike a mild mushroom trip. While it tends to get me extremely baked, the delivery is very gentle. It tastes a little piney, but not overly strong. The smell and taste reminds me of weed I smelled around the place when I was pretty young, like back in the mid to late eighties.

Everyone who tries it comments on the flavour and how smooth it is to smoke!

Also, I made some hash butter with all the trim. Seriously, go back and check out the stupid amount of leaf these ladies had. I ended up with three very large bowls full of nice frosty trim, and I decided to throw one of the smallest colas in for good measure.

Initially I was going to make 250 grams of butter, but luckily I wisened up and made it 500 grams... I proceeded to make home made brownies, from scratch, from an old cannabis cookbook my wife bought me. I had a blast, even though I made a huge mess of my kitchen... I ended up having to make double the recipe because I had so much butter, and the brownies came out extremely tasty and VERY gooey. They're just so awesome to gently heat in the microwave and serve with ice cream.

The result is absolutely mind blowing! As a daily, heavy smoker I tried one of my brownies and thought they were "pretty good." I decided to give one to my brother in law for Christmas and the poor dude ended up comatose for the next 5 hours or so. After re-sampling them myself I realise they're pretty damn potent and I think I'll cut the serving sizes in half. :p I've been sharing them with friends and family and heard nothing but positive reports back from them all!

I've still got my WoWo bonsai mums, but my grow tent has been out of action while we find a new house but I'm looking forward to firing it up soon and I'll be sure to start a thread when I do.

My deepest thanks GrowKind. You're the only reason I can do this for my friends and myself now. The results are always rewarding and I've found an outlet (or is that an inlet?) for my thirst for knowledge, all without needing to pay for the education. :not-worthy:

9. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Excellent! My WoWo is flowering now with about 2-3 weeks to go. She's sticky and fragrant. Im looking foreward toseeing if she's a tasty and potent as your girls.

GOOD JOB!!

Dix

10. zog

zog Developed Alternating Nodes

Hi spink and Dix, me too lol, my WOWO's are a month into bud today. Let me know dix how yours comes out, and awesome spink hope ours comes out as great as yours. Do gotta say at this point though, my super skunks i have running also are looking even better than my wonder woman, for now anyway.

11. Chronic Don

Chronic Don Daddy of RP & GG

to control the stretch, isnt a big part of it having enough wind? how windy is it? maybe you need more?

now of course you will have harvested so I'm too late for those girls but the next?