Summer Chillin' or How to Cool your Cab...

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by MeRmAn, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

That sounds like your best bet there merman....

Hey Hoe making freinds I see LOL.....................

MAD MAX

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze Germinated

Wow, this thread has everything, good info and age old drama! WooHoo!!

Seriously tho, I am planning to build a cab in my garage soon, and have been researching how to keep it cool, especially since I'm in the deep south. I was thinking of a window ac. I was checking ebay yesterday for A/Cs less than 6000btus and was seeing em go for less than 100. They still had some time left on the auction though.

I think that having the a/c in a seperate chamber is a great idea. I am probally going to try something with this idea myself. Maybe three chambers, A/C, veg and flowering.

3. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated

LMAOF hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa heeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeee:D

ITS OVER JOHNNY

4. Ganja Gary

Ganja Gary Veggy Stage

group hug! :D

5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

tinkering is a hobby of many...

ive spent the past few months building a burn barrel that doubles as a steam boiler that melts my driveway.

yes, they sell things that do this much more efficiently and prolly prettier too, but the cool thing bout this gigantic ugly poeice of shit is that i made it. i used my head and designed it myself. and it werx. i get more satisfaction from that than i do when i get a quarter in the glass after 6 shots of patron.

Happy growin'

an i say continue spending endless hours doing shit on ur own using ur head rather than sinking into the thrawls of mass consumerism, where everithing is at the push of a button.

pretty soon some peeps will wonder why some peeps go outside.

6. SuperCropper

SuperCropper Supersizing our future

You can get a 5000btu ac for like $88 from walmart. I got mine for $92 from sears.

Also, if you use CO2 injection, there is a way you can make a cooler by using a an exchanger similar to an oil cooler. Basically you would add it as the last part of your co2 injection system. When the C02 expands as it makes its way through the exchanger, there is a super cooling effect that happens with the exchanger set up, Im talking that bitch will get frosty. You can put a fan on the exchanger and use it to circulate cool air. You can put the fan on the same timer your Co2 injection is on, or you can have the fan run constantly, since the exchanger will hold the coolness for a certain amount of time after injection has stopped.

Just a thought.