The Battle For Colorado

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Bud Greenright, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

They ask about your children-spouses-current and past employment 10 year criminal background including traffic tickets-WTF this is an illegal form.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

RKy- That is as messy as it gets!

I've held Insurance licenses, SEC Brokerage licenses, Real Estate Broker Licenses and none even come close to that thing in application process.

Are there specific outlined requirements for non issue pertaining to Criminal Record or financial stability? If not...why is it relevant? And the piece about ex-spouses or children and their information is in no way pertinent.

PharmDoc......you've had to go through the process for licit drugs,was your licensing similar? Education is obviously a factor but how about the rest?

3. Bud Greenright

Boycott State Forms

For all Colorado residence the question is will you fill out and submit these forms?

While I have dreamed the impossible dream for many years. I find that it is unfortunately "over the rainbow" and it is time to get back to the reality of the situation. Large political interest do not want this small business plan to succeed. They call it an "industry" but it really doesn't qualify. 90% of heath centers providing medical marijuana to legal patience were small 'mom and pop" organizations. Despite what you may have been seeing on FOX and CNN both falsely portraying Colorado Medical Marijuana as some economic boom industry where everyone is making thousands a week. There is NO-ONE getting rich except the local and state governments. They have there one hand in our pocket and the other around our collar like some thug shakedown artist.

Local counties are denying zoning permits for health centers under arbitrary conditions like a 1000 feet from a park. If you have never been to Colorado there is a park every 1000 feet or so.

The main fact is the people need to stand up for there rights under Amendment 20- Old fashion street organizations, sit ins, marches we are not criminals we are citizens with legal rights. fill up the jails with people who's only crime is they have the constitutional right to use medical marijuana. Act out in concert with others. And in case it has slipped every ones mind this is an election year. Have you registered to run for office? registered to vote? Know how any of the candidates feel about amendment 20?

I am back to violating city codes and zoning laws until someone explains why giving my family information to the state just to work in a small heath center is legal.

4. Mr Dankosity

Mr Dankosity Veggy Stage

I feel ya greenlight. I am a patient / care provider in Kansas and from what I have seen of the application process I would almost rather keep things the way they are and not go on record that I cultivate Marijuana. I have a few patients that I have supplied for several years and they are all at least in their 30's, most over 40 and nobody has their nose up my ass wanting to get a wiff of what I had for dinner last night and I'd like to keep it that way. Sure I would love to not worry about getting raided but I don't know which would be worse, getting raided or having the government all up in my business and being subject to spot inspections... Fuck all that.

5. ResinRubber

Trust me.....getting raided is worse.

6. Mr Dankosity

Mr Dankosity Veggy Stage

I imagine you are probably right RR... I'm sure I will sing a different tune once Ks legalizes. It's easy to talk shit when you don't have a choice but to keep my freedom in tact and my family out of harms way I am sure I would submit to the process... I just think its all a bunch of bullshit. It should be no different than my fucking tomato or eggplants I have in my yard. But I resist the urge to rant right now. I'm am really enjoying this stone.

:passsit:

7. ResinRubber

Agreed!

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

You don't need to fill out that much shit to be the President . Rocky your ass must be sore after filling that out. Good luck my friend-Bud

9. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I'm just a care-giver. I'm not required to fill this out unless I work for a MMJ center.

Way more info than I had to do to enter the fucking NAVY!:roll:

Definitely a load of BULLSHIT!

10. Bud Greenright

Care giver is the way to go. However there is probably a municipal code your violating, and you can't sell to health centers were the majority of patients seek their medicine.and legally you cant sell to the people your care-giving for with out a sales tax license. Of course there are ways around that. If I want to keep my business I have to fill out the forms and submit them in a month to a agency called The Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division.

After speaking with the Colorado department of Revenue yesterday I found out that they will be hiring only people with law enforcement experience to enforce the house bill. Cops will be deciding where and what kind of people can sell medicine to legal patients. Medical Marijuana in Colorado is run as a police state now.

11. ResinRubber

That's a tragic twist of fate. Almost as if they are assuming the business is being run by criminals from the get go. So how does a JD degree make one more qualified than a CPA or horticulturist or med background for inspection of a business and it's ethical/legal/safe growing practices?

Something stinks and it smells like a police union.

12. ResinRubber

13. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Ok, WTF are our government officials doing, allowing peoples VERY confidential paperwork and documents, to be entrusted to the safe hands of a FUCKING DOG TRACK?!?!?!

Am I reading this wrong, or do we actually trust the guy at the race track with our liefs most precious documents?

I can't believe this shit!

I'd be VERY concerned about my credit rating and my identity, if I was dropping off ANY personal info at the FUCKING DOG TRACK!

Someone pinch me!:angry:

14. Bud Greenright

I use to go to that dog track during racing season lots o' good memories back when the world was simpler. A $2 quinella on the 3/4 dogs, a cold beer.

All the local news outlets are covering this story with the same ham-fisted reporting style that has made most of the people in the MMJ industry agree with 70% of the country, that our "free press" is neither anymore.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-mmj-deadline-sunday-txt,0,4918844.story

Basically these people are getting the shaft- they pay thousands of dollars to the state while local municipalities will probably outlaw them in November or commercially zone them from operating or tack on there own fees and taxes. All while the market is at about $200 an ounce for AK and about $225 for White Widow.

One thing you learn at a dog track is good dogs that run fast and bring there owners money get treated very well. Ones that don't follow the rabbit get taken to a field in eastern Colorado....A shovel and a hole.

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  15. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Colorado Judge: Medical Marijuana Users Have Right To Buy Pot

Medical marijuana patients in Colorado have a constitutional right not only to use cannabis, but to buy it as well, a judge ruled Wednesday.

[​IMG]

Arapahoe County District Judge Christopher Cross ruled in favor of CannaMart dispensary, which along with three patients sued the city of Centennial after the city forced it to shut down in October, reports Kristen Wyatt of The Associated Press.

CannaMart maintains that Colorado cities

are violating the state constitution when they ban all dispensaries. Unlike similar laws in a dozen other states, Colorado's medical marijuana law is a constitutional amendment.

The injunction granted by Judge Cross prevents Centennial from keeping CannaMart shuttered while the dispensary challenges the city's ban on pot shops because they're in violation of federal drug laws. The medical use of marijuana isn't recognized under federal law.

"These are people who have a right to medical marijuana, the right to the caregiver of their choice. That has been taken away from them," the judge said in a sharp rebuke to city officials who had claimed federal law allowed them to keep out dispensaries.

"The voters have spoken," said Judge Cross. "It is not a criminal act in the state of Colorado." :roll:

Stan Zislis, owner of CannaMart, said he was unsure if he would reopen the dispensary in Centennial. In the meantime, he's opened another CannaMart in nearby Littleton.

The judge scheduled further action in the case for early next year.