The Kids Are Alright

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Professor ChumLeaf, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Wow..

I'm trying to be good.. Now I want a bowl!

Heh Great looking shots!!!]

2. Professor ChumLeaf

Professor ChumLeaf A Fat Sticky Bud

Well, looky there, more pixs of the kids...makes my heart do cartwheels...living & breathing, these kids are alright...agreed....

Over the weekend, as I settled in for March Madness, I began to contemplate some of the suggestions here, about tying over, and bringing the light down closer...well I experimented a bit...and coming soon in the next round of photos...you will see that I am a good listener and a better applicator...and I will almost bet, other than the Bluberry...that ya' all won't recognize my kids...they are growing up so quickly, so be on the lookout for updated pixs...and btw, tommorrow marks 6 weeks into the bud cycle...and at the rate these kids are growing, I may never get my closet back...trust me though, I'll make do until I do...ha!...Chad(Hangin'...that is) ;)

3. SD

SD Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Looking good PC! Nice job, Long Lean and Mean

4. RacerX

RacerX A Fat Sticky Bud

You're on the path PC... solve the stretching prob, and you're set :bigok: Plants look good... Don't make us wait till xmas to see the harvest pics (j/k)

5. Professor ChumLeaf

Racerx...

Just curious, but the stretching problem mention...I was wondering do you feel that I may have a "light" related stretching problem...if so if you think it is light related...I can offer up this explanation...for years (up until I joined ranks here @ GK) I had always thought with my 430wt sodium that I should keep the top of the plants at least 1 foot away...so until I found out here at GK that you can get a lot closer with HPS's without harming the plants I continued in my uninformed ways...now I can safely say that I have willingly lost that paranoia streak...however, in my next set of photos due out before Xmas;)...please note for me if you will if I have broken out of the bondage of that preconceived notion of mine...thanks! ;)

(Edited by Professor ChumLeaf at 3:09 pm on Mar. 21, 2005)

6. RacerX

RacerX A Fat Sticky Bud

I didn't mean it in a mean way, PC... but yes, I thought they were stretched because of the distance of your light in relation to the tops. The plants are healthy as heck, so I didn't think there could be any other reason...I'm the prince of ghetto growing so don't mind me....

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

We all have ghetto grows...I mean come on. ;)

PC...it's all about how close you can get that light buddy. Ask anyone here and they'll tell ya straight up it is. :light:

8. Green Herb

Green Herb Germinated

I like the Blueberry it should look nice in a few weeks. That Miss Hawaii 2005 looks like a mexi variety I grew years ago outdoors tall and thin.

9. Professor ChumLeaf

RacerX...just thought I would say you might have misinterpreted my reply...and I didn't think you were being mean...just a dose of constructive criticism...all good...all respect here...and I agree...just trying hard to break out of my hardheaded ways of a comfortable rut of growing expertise...no big deal...just big buds...that's the goal...right?! ;)

And thanks for the healthy as heck nod...I agree...and it ceases to amaze me too...cuz' you might be the prince of ghetto grows...but I am the jester in kings'clothing...the soil, I used for this grow is all bought at walmart...that's right...cheap-ass, low-grade potting soil from WallyWorld...but as you can see...technique must come into play...cuz' the word generally is hydro or special grow medium mixes...with all the trace elements added in separately...I don't know...perhaps I could max yields if I would employ more of a technical approach to mj cultivation...but for me it was always a policy of "Keep it simple, stupid!"...and so it goes...

Sparkster, concurred...thanks, and I might move up my next photo shoot to next week...on their 7 week bud cycle anniversary...so be on the lookout...I will keep you posted... ;)

GH...your analysis is proving to be quite accurate...The Bluberry is the prime mover in my grow...she is my calendar girl, don't ya' know...and is that right, you had a mexi-variety that looked like my Hawaiian...I am going on the honesty of a fellow grower friend here in my area...who said he obtained the seeds thru a seed bank in Canada...but he could have been yanking me...but I doubt it...pretty honest guy...but it certainly has a sativa strain look to it don't it...is Hawaiian a sativa...I think it is...not sure though...will have to check...appreciate all the feedback...Chad(Hangin'...that is) ;)

(Edited by Professor ChumLeaf at 5:01 pm on Mar. 22, 2005)

10. Professor ChumLeaf

Herbsparky...

Hello...I moved my photo shoot forward to yesterday...my Hawaiian plant has been popping a few bananas...and my Bluberry...looks as if it may be on the home stretch to bud maturity...so I met with my pixman, and we took a few more shots for my remaining minutes of fame...so be on the lookout, yetidude...and as far as an ETA(estimated time of arrival)...I would imagine by the week's end...if not, if I sense a delay with my friend's kid who emails these for me...I will shout at ya'...and Sparkster, could you post them to this post, thanks, and you may resume what you were doing...blend...Chum;)

11. Administrator

aye aye cap'n :smoke2:

12. Professor ChumLeaf

By the way...got a razor if you need one...

Don't know how much longer I can take your avatar...lol;)

And thanks for your unconditional help, Herb, :punk: thanks...carry on...Chum

13. Professor ChumLeaf

They say it's my B-day...hardly a reason to get excited now, I agree...I mean B-days are inevitable...and well ok, it's my birthday...that's right...43...you heard it here...March 31st...marks Chad's(Hangin'...that is) B-day...and Herbsparky...I couldn't think of a more fitting gift from you...than posting the new pixs of mine that should be in your email box as I type this morning...Herbster, if you would be so kind, and if you have the time, of course...I certainly don't want to upset a Yeti's sleep schedule...but if you got the time...you got my personalized grow pixs, according to my mule...so at yer' convenience, Spark...Thank You!

And your all invited to my B-day party...it's gonna be a smokefest...trust me...see ya' there...don't be late...pre-party festivities will begin smoothly at 4:20 p.m., I will head up the party favor committee...I know it's my birthday...but my party favors are always in demand...so to keep the natives restless or I mean sedated...I will bring the party favors...later y'all...and continue on as you were...Chum;)

14. Big E

Big E Latae Sententiae Excommunication

happy b day PC ;) [​IMG]

15. Professor ChumLeaf

DUJ..

Why thank you...that's awfully nice of you to notice, and really care...it's nice to know that some people realize that I have feelings....real human feelings...and this special b-day wish from you...well... let's suffice to say...it covers me with a blanket of joyful feelings...that some one cared enough...to put on a silly, although colorful hat I might add, blow on a party favor...or was that a bowl in the dude's mouth...lol...either way...the fact that somebody would go all out like that...why I think I might have to go sit down and have me a lil'til cry...I am moved, compelled if you will to say...thanks, thank you very much indeed...DUJ...it really shows soul...

Well, on a more stable emotional footing...just got off the PM...with the herbsparky...and the man...erh...yeti...is gonna be coming thru with flying colors...soon he will be instrumental in posting some new pixs of my kids...and btw...The Kids Are Alright...you'll see... ;)

(Edited by me, today, I heard the news, oh boy)

(Stolen by Prof.Chum, never to be returned...April Fool 2005)

(Edited by Professor ChumLeaf at 11:39 am on April 1, 2005)

16. Big E

You're very welcome PC...I hope it was a great day for ya ;)

Now, bend over for your birthday spankins :blah:

[​IMG]

:roll:

17. Professor ChumLeaf

It was indeed....however...Owh!...that smarts...but feel free to continue...lmao...I'm 43...that was only 21 swats...yer' not done yet...lol;)

18. Big E

22 more, coming right up :LOL:

[​IMG]

19. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

When did this place go so downhill!!

I thought this was a growing site not S&M place

next thing ya know we will have crazy drivers everywhere!

OOPS!!

:LOL:

Happy B day, Chum

M R

20. Administrator

I have no pictures. :ponder:

I get it.....April fools right PC? :idea: