timeline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nobogart, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Lamont Pontoon

Lamont Pontoon Full Flowering

I guess its the difference between social capitalism and anarchy, when the systems values have turned from making a buck for retirement to survival of the fittest then you'll see all sorts of social upheaval.

But that requires the system to breakdown as a whole and so far I have yet to see a problem the govt couldnt tax their way out of.

2. SD

SD Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Lamont you make a valid point. The government has the funds to do most anything they desire through the back breaking work of the average citizen. There comes a point, at times, when money cant bail us out. Dont know about you guys but personally Id like to be a little less dependent upon others, if that were to ever happen.

3. Lamont Pontoon

Lamont Pontoon Full Flowering

Kinda reminds me of that movie where the stock market nose dives and paper money becomes worthless, I forgot what its called but it showed a bit of how people turn on themselves in the harshest of times.

Im still thinking to be self sufficient in these times is asking to be shut off from the rest of the socialized world, even with economic sanctions countries still manage to hobble along for a bit.

4. Professor ChumLeaf

Professor ChumLeaf A Fat Sticky Bud

In the future freedom could be measured as those that can leave the planet and those that cant.

...Good gravy....I hope it never comes down to that...that is the stuff sci-fi thrillers are made of....and I like to be able to sleep at night...and it's hard enough already...to get sleep that is...as I have been sleeping with one eye open lately...waiting for the kids to graduate...and for the end of the world as we know it...lmao...

Suffice to say...dependency on others for things an individual may need or want...cuz' those certainly are two different goals...wants and needs...I think ya'all would agree with that notion...so departing from that platform...I would have to say that complete dependence on others for the absolutes in life...is the stuff disaster tales are made of...like what has been well debated in this thread...when the things we take for granted become a flickering flame and the ability to fulfil a day's needs become a challenge...then is when people will realize how dependent they were...those who are ahead of this curve...those who understand the values inherent in self-sufficent tendencies...will be the ones who reap the benefits of self-sustenance...simple as that...and it will be quite apparent to the ones who were prepared for impending problems, who the ones were that were not...:baked:Chum

(Edited by Professor ChumLeaf at 11:36 am on April 8, 2005)

5. SD

SD Cured Fat Sticky Bud

PC you have a knack for saying what Ive been thinking often times while using about 1000 less words:ebert:...agreed my friend well put as usual.

6. Professor ChumLeaf

Professor ChumLeaf A Fat Sticky Bud

Tanks...SD :baked:Chum