Trichomes oxidizing after drying?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by CanadianDAN, Oct 20, 2011.

1. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

So ive been growing out some NorthernLights, and im told sometime they dont ever get amber Trichs and stay milky...

Ive already harvested one and when it was cut down had ZERO amber, just a small amount of clear and almost all milky. I just looked at the dried buds under a magnifier and noticed there is all sorts of amber trichs now.

Does this always happen? I have one more girl left and shes pretty much been dehydrated and has no leaves left. I was gonna see how long till some amber trichs show up and its "just" started today from what i can tell.

If i cut her down when shes %50 amber %50 milky, and this further oxidizing takes place, wont i just end up with a plant that is %100 amber?

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Mine have done that too. I think it's normal. I haven't grown NL, but other strains have all done that. All skunk varieties I've grown, hashplants, bagseed buds, all of them. I never let mine go more than a few amber trichs here and there unless it's a good sativa, but I always end up with plenty of amber after drying. Not all, but enough to notice the change. Could be those trichs were already maturing more but the chemical process had quite caught up yet? Not sure, but I get more amber after harvest when there's already a few before harvest. I guess that would be obvious, but just saying.

I think it has to do with a chemical process resulting from stress of harvest. I don't think it really affects the potency much, though.

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

It is normal for amber to show up in the drying process.

Letting the other plant go another week will just help your cause to have some knock you out smoke. :redbong: Let me know if there is any difference in the high from both plants. :thumbs-up:

4. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Will do!