US / World Economy in Trouble

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Administrator, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

The purpose of this thread is to provide you all with articles I find that relate to today's downturn in the economy and how it may effect the rest of the globe as well (when possible). Feel free to post any comments you may have and provide any evidence that may contradict info I find. Getting answers is the bottom line. I myself just like to follow links that follow links etc. etc. in hopes of seeing for myself what's truely happening financially. The more I know the better I can prepare for myself and my family. In turn I want to help others prepare...or not. Up to each of you to do as you see fit in the times that are coming our way.

I'll provide snipits and links to the full articles themselves.

Arcane Market Is Next to Face Big Credit Test:

America's economy risks the mother of all meltdowns:

Fed forecasts inflation, unemployment:

2. Administrator

Bernanke's State of the Economy speech: "You are all dead ducks":

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

aren't the NY-Times and Yahoo part of the news-media's blinding us to be controlled theory?

4. Administrator

Maybe they are...maybe they aren't. I don't remember saying that about either source myself. I'm simply providing articles that I find so that people can read them and make up their own minds. If you'll notice...not much is being said about any of this in the 'mainstream media'...that's not to say that some good articles don't come from big name sources. Most times if they do...they are buried where most won't see them. Many Americans are lazy and just absorb what they watch on their local TV news and don't read anything. What I do is look at issues from as many angles as I can find (I.E. I dig for stories that aren't frontpage news articles)....that's the only way to get a true sense of what's happening in our world.

An interesting thing happened yesterday that I missed but my g-friend caught. She found an article relating to a ressesion on yahoo news online. She wasn't able to read it at the time and when she went back to read it later....it was gone. She couldn't find a trace of it anywhere....it simply vanished. So yeah...I guess you could say that even yahoo news is cherry picked. It could be that they are feeding us this crap too....who knows. That's why I get as many sources as I can. Used to be in journalism that you got 3 sources to back up a story before writing anything about it. That's what I'm trying to do here. I don't just believe one source...that defeats the purpose of getting to the truth of things. ;)

EDIT: The 'yahoo' story was actually a 'Financial Times' article that Yahoo picked up. Just for clarification.

5. Administrator

More articles............

The U.S financial system, the debt bubble and the cancer of excessive deregulation

Stagflation!

6. LionLoves420

"We all know that real social change occurs from grassroots movements. We all know that is what achieved ending the genocidal war on Vietnam, ending support for Apartheid South Africa, civil rights, women rights, labor rights etc. We all know that freedom is never freely given; that it must be demanded. Even the simplest things would help (like speaking out at all the candidates appearances in your state). We all know that we must look in the mirror and refuse the task given to us of being consumers rather than citizens. So if you do get your $600 check "for shopping" why not spend it only for activism? Why not join an activist group or build your own? Why not block congressional offices? Why not build the revolution that could transform the US and the rest of the world? After all, the alternative is far too disastrous and is becoming clearer every year."

That part of the article was fine....but my problem with these articles is this: THEY ARE ARTICLES, NEWS EDITORIALS, they are not CITED, so are there for no more proof than the words you write....

I didn't say there WASN'T voter fraud...I am saying what is being called fraud in 2000 has happened before, and will happen again, it is a part of the system that will constantly have to be monitored and debated.

Please, I want to see the information that shows the extreme amount of voter fraud being down at the lower levels so that these evil Stone-Cutters (Simpsons anyone?) can continue to serve the interest of the lobbyist (who actually play a role in politics, it is when that role is gone too far that it is a problem...think NORML doesn't have a lobbyist?)......I want to see this information, but I want to see it with cited sources and documents.

7. Administrator

Here ya go...in case you missed my other thread. Each of this reporter's statements is backed up with it's source in footnotes. Not sure what else I can provide if the facts aren't enough to convince you Lion. :suave:

Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

8. Administrator

By the way....I think maybe you have the worng thread here.....this is the thread I posted about the Us economy...not the election fraud.

9. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Well, I know your an Electrician, Herb. I don't know, if you do installs, service or all of it, but my brother is SO WAY under employed right now, it's SICK.

He always gets slow after Christmas, but THIS year? WHEW!!!

the cat bought a van, at a payday lot in December :5headache:

When we "sell," other countries, the MEANS of production? I don't know what to say. :angry: We fought for the right to produce goods.

Karl Marx said;"Labor creates all wealth." and when your right, your right!!!!

Who is the idiot that thought all Americans could work behind a PC? Crazy World, don't know what to do.

That NAFTA really is doing well, eh? :qbluewacko:

10. LionLoves420

haha....yah, I was looking at the one article and typing in this thread....please move it if you feel necessary....I have a response to the Kennedy article as well, mainly he is the author, but....I will save it for now....:smoke2:

11. Administrator

I quit doing electrical work a few years back and started my own cabinetry biz Master.....that has since dried up due to the piss poor housing market here in Cali. The client I was working for ran out of money since she was hoping to sell her two other houses in order to finish the one she was building. Well...one day she calls me and asks for the material I had left and told me thanks for the job well done, but she could no longer pay for my services.....I had another years worth of work left to do too....sucks ass let me tell ya. Now she's stuck with one house left unfinished and two others that are losing value and can't be sold. Talk about fun! :cheesy:

The job market isn't TOO bad here right now if you look outside the construction sector, but it's getting worse day by day. I'm waiting to hear about three job prospects I have going right now..one for the county and the other two are maintenance jobs. We shall see if those types of jobs will survive the coming eco-storm....I'm hoping so anyway. If those don't work out...I have a possible deal in the works with Webby that may turn into something in the near future. Money CAN be made if ya know how to do so, and are blessed to have multiple skills. I fear for those that are too specialized (computer related jobs etc etc) and have no skills to speak of....it's gonna get hard for them and many others.

12. Administrator

I've been busy and couldn't post these earlier. Good articles though.

Confidence plunges, inflation rate soars (Associated Press)

Here's that stagflation yet again....

Worries grow for worse 'stagflation' (Associated Press)

The Economy: A Mix of Bad News (BuisnessWeek)

Reports reflect bleak housing picture (Associated Press)

I really liked this one.....

11 reasons Bernanke's recession lasts till 2011
    (MarketWatch)

13. Administrator

Gas Prices Soar, Posing a Threat to Family Budget (NewYorkTimes)

U.S. home sales, goods orders feed recession fears (Rueters)

Fannie Mae posts nearly $3.6B loss in 4Q (Associated Press)

14. Administrator

These are some Online Journal articles....just for fun. :smokin:

It's time to dump the Fed

Home sales, home prices sink again; Bernanke’s policies failing, long recession looms

15. Administrator

I loved this one.....Straight from the horses' mouths. :suave:

Economy quotes from Wednesday hearing (AssociatedPress)

AMEN Brother Neugebauer !!!! :sign13: At least he ADMITS to feeding the junkies' addiction. Now....what to DO about it? Hmmmmmmmm??? :sarcasm:

:bash:
    Bernanke rate cut talk sparks fall in dollar (AssociatedPress)

Anyone see the rapids yet? :5headache:

16. Administrator

First Fannie....now Freddie.

Freddie Mac loss swells as mortgage crisis deepens (Reuters)

17. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

doesn't that just set you right at ease,good ole georgy wouldn't steer us wrong,.....would he?

18. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...steer us wrong...

...hell no...George wouldn't...they don't call him the 'Stray On Course King' for nothing now do they (note deep, dark sarcasm)...

...I saw his (george's) press conference this a/m. and I heard it was the 41st of his pathetic career as President of the United States Of America...:idgaf:

...I also heard that there is also only 47 weeks left to his presidency...only looms as too much time with this character...but like I said before:idgaf:

...I am no longer entrench'd in bushbashin'...it's all about stagin' my game these daze and perhaps in the process changin' hearts and minds along the way...like they always have said...you can lead a horse to water...but you can't make it drink...so in that vein of thought I plow forward realizin' that time spent revisitin' the past is time not well spent...george is a fuck...common knowledge...why, just watch the body language he employs as he delivers press conferences...also a more tellin' sign of his being recieved as a putz is the way the media's body language sends the obvious message..."we think george is/and has always been...in way over his head...he might be Texas-smart or savvy...but he was never a really good candidate for president...and look watt we got...we got watt we deserved"...

...and so it goes...will the chain ever be broken...I am hopeful but not holdin' my breath...hence...

...You need me...I'll be down on the farm...fine-tunin' my survival skills...and generally speakin' seekin' happiness...that's where I'll be...and I know you all will know where to find me...blendin' in...who are you??...:tvlaugh:

DC:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

19. Administrator

I remember a long time ago telling people this very thing. I remember telling my mom in 2000 that this man was an evil man. Nobody listened. Not that it mattered anyway...Bush was bought and paid for no matter what 'we the people' wanted. But still....people voted for him in good 'faith' that he'd steer the ship well.....I guess they failed to look at his record in Texas, or his record in buisness. Same thing he did back then he's done now....only difference is that he's now affected the entire world with his imcompetence. It's sad that this is what it took for some people to realize just who this clown is. Sad, sad, sad. :eusa_snooty:

20. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

interresting culmination of events eh, so close to 2012...

there were seven leaders of the world and then there was one...

hmmm....

anybody hears rushing water call me ok?

:pimp: