US / World Economy in Trouble

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Administrator, Feb 20, 2008.

1. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

Aight, that settles it then everyone. If shit goes down all members of the GK militia head to Herbs place and help defend his garden and Doritos from bad guys.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

There ya go...sounds like a plan to me! :bigok:

Wait...I don't have to feed you guys do I? :icon_scratch:

3. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

Well... See I know you are a gracious host Herb. And a gracious host wouldn't be all stingy, he'd pass the blunt around a bit.

:passit:

Now, obviously no gracious host could get his guests baked on homegrown and then deny them munchies. That just wouldn't be polite.

:rofl:

4. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

Jokes aside. I certainly wouldn't mind finding myself in the company of the GK family if things went down. When I look around I see intelligent and skilled people. Skills vary but guns make all men and women equal in a fight. There is no magic lightning rod you can stick in a man's hand to give him the patience and nurturing temperament that make green things thrive.

5. Administrator

Not only do I have to feed you, but now I have to smoke you all out too?

Dammit Jim! :roulette:

6. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

Shit, don't go playing us Herb. We all know you could yield pounds of killer buds in a couple weeks with nothing but a mostly white seed, a little spit, some dust off an old bookshelf, a roll of duct tape, and a paperclip. Hell I think there is video of the cured bud on youtube somewhere.

7. Administrator

Two thumbs up!

This is a DAMN good article from Rolling Stone. It's shows you just how crooked the whole system is and how nothing is being done to stop it. As many of you know I feel our government has been hijacked and this only further proves that. It's long, but WELL worth the read.

Oh...be fore-warned...it WILL piss you off. :thumbsup:

Wall Street's Naked Swindle

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Herb- That's a hell of a find. A must read eye opener for any doubting Thomas.

Quick anecdote...I was a partner in a tiny local brokerage. (lost our ass) The levels of corruption even at our miniscule size were phenomenal. The last straw came as we were sacrificed as meat fer the cat and never got paid. Low man on the totem pole type thing.

Funny thing is, that while all this high level theft was taking place, and huge firms were stealing billions, the SEC took a hammer to every small trader and quadrupled our paperwork while crippling small offices subsisting on small cap IPO's. I know there were/are crooks in the field we played on...but those guys got/get hunted down and crushed by the SEC on a regular basis. When the big boys do it and rape billions out of the system? Everybody looks the other way.

Witness Martha Stewart. Did the bitch break the law? YUP! Did she deserve to get caught? Yup. But look at the lengths they went to in tracing her conversations, associations and trade timing....all for a $50,000 gain. FUCK! The number of supeonas alone was staggering.

Now, you think if the SEC could expend THAT much energy to catch Martha Stewart on minor trades they could track down some of the BIGGEST swindlers on Wall Street?

And that office of mine? After going broke and closing our doors it occurred to me why we went under. We were trying to play straight in a crooked game.

Thnx for letting me vent...:passit:

9. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...paybacks are a bitch...

'Erb...I thought we could always count on you...lol.

I'll admit though...shaitand has blown yer' cover...pegged...now back to that youtube vid...have some brushin' up to do...lol.

DC