Weird

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HazeNHydro420, Sep 28, 2006.

1. HazeNHydro420

HazeNHydro420 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

So I was sitting in church sunday and the pastor read a little something that I thought was kinda amazing, in a sense.

A group of people were planning to put a new satelite in space and were running their figures to achieve the launch successfully. They had to calculate back several thousands of years to make sure the satelite would be safe from storms and what not and would be placed in the right position. Well as they were running their figures they came across something bizarre. There were 24 hours missing in the worlds time. Like a full day as just totally disappeared. So the religious scientist recalled when he was in sunday school as a child that somewhere in the bible, I'm not exactly sure but if anyone would like I could surely find out, that there were 2 men talking to one another. The unbeliever and the believer. The unbeliever said, if your God is real, have him show me a sign. Have your God prove to me that he is real and then and only then will I believe. The unbeliever said, have your God raise the sun. Have Him bring the sun back up and suspend in the air in front of my very eyes. So the believer prayed and asked God to raise the sun into the sky and sit to show this man that there truely is a God. Moments later, they both noticed the sun wasn't setting. But that it was sitting into the sky. The sun stopped in the air for 22 hours. Now your saying "wait theres 24 hours in a day!" Keep reading.

Several years later there was a battle going on. The troops of isreal were lossing the fight and the sun was setting fast. They were surrounded. If the sun set they would no longer be able to see the enemy and easily be over taken and killed and isreal would be lost to the enemy. So the soldiers prayed. They asked God, "Lord, were are being overrun. Our troops can not win this battle if darkness falls. Please, stop the sun before it sets so that we will be able to defend ourselves and defend our land." Moments later, the sun wasn't going down. The troops remained fighting off the enemy in the little sunlight that was given just enough to defend themsevles and their country. They countinued to fight until each enemy was killed and the land was safe from intruders, 2 hours into the fight and after being victorious, the sun finally set.

22 hours plus 2 more hours equals 24 hours. Which makes one full day. The full day that is missing from the planets records proving once and for all that their truely IS A GOD. I'm typing this so that believers and unbeliever alike would be able to see the "truth" and yes I realize that most of the unbelievers will continues to think, "oh thats bullshit, just people making up stuff." Personally I think if you can honestly think it's bullshit then you would be totally blind to the proven truth right in front of your eyes.

And no, I'm not a Jehova's witness. just thought this was amazing and some would find it the same. When he read this I got cold chills. AMAZING!

PeAcE

2. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Im not religious but stuff of this type intrests me.

I dont wanna make anyone mad, but i feel religion is all a sham to keep people in order. I feel we should be looking at the stars, cycles of life and changes.

Our earth was formed in the galaxy. If god made man, there must be something bigger than god because it created the entire uiniverse, which is unexplainable. Makes me think of the saying that "god is everything that ever was, ever is and ever will be". But thats the same description for Energy isnt it? "energy is everything that ever was, ever is and ever will be". We and everything are all simply energy. God is inside us all, hes not one man. Energy is the answer, im thinking. Sometimes i wish i could die and find out what the hell this all is, but then come back and be able to realize it and tell everyone.

All my life ive just felt religion isnt for me, like theres something more meaningful. :new_infinity: :5shocking:

about the missing time or 24 hours or whatever. While reading about the Maya and 2012 they mention how our calander (gregorian or something) isnt accurate, and in this, time is speeding up on our system or calander to keep pace with actual time. Its weird shit. try to find it.

3. danke

danke Hermaphrodite

You make me giggle Haze.

CanDan has already landed the hammer on the nail.

Think about it. We really make time up.. all by ourselves. Why do we have leap year and light savings and some months have 28 days and 31 and 30? Why do we have to keep syncing up our most accurate clocks every year to the "correct time"? Because "time" is relative. Proven by einstein. It wavers like everything else. You can't measure time.. You can get close.. but its never going to be accurate.

What?? What group of people? What satellite?

If your going to rely on science to prove religion Haze, then what about inflationary cosmology? Electromagnitivity? Evolution?

If this 24 hours did randomly "disappear," science would be able to prove how and why.. with concrete math. Not stories and myths.

Would you worship the Sun? Yeah, I wouldn't either. But thats what our ancestors did.. and some of which still do. Your religion is derived from another religion which are derived from others and so on and so on until you get to primitive man who eventually developed some kind of cognative thinking. And with that came the yearning to know what we are and where we came from. The urge to worship something. "Mother Earth," "The Sun," "The Moon," "The Stars," ect. ect. ect. until you get to a "man" that you worship. a "man" that created this place. Some omnipotent man that no one has ever seen with their eyes.. only with their MINDS.

Why do you feel the need to leave responsibilty in God? Why do you need someone else to help you/a crutch to support you? Take responsibility for your own life. You are who you are. There is no heaven. There is no hell. This place is heaven and this place is hell. THATS THE POINT!

Heaven would suck. Look.. I love to skateboard.. But If I could skateboard and never get hurt and do everything I want on that board.. it would SUCK. Having a perfect body with perfect emotions, always being happy... blah blah blah. Heaven sucks to me. I like being mad, sad, angry, and happy. Its life. Its the ever flowing M. If you didn't have the down in life.. the hardships the struggles.. you wouldn't enjoy the uptimes in life.

And hell... Come on.. HELL? If you can answer this question I will love you for it, because no one can answer it. Why is it that I can be sentenced to ETERNITY in hell for lets say 80 years here on earth? Thats a HUGE HUGE HUGE, INFINITE margin. Could you honestly sit yourself in front of people and say "Well johnny, because you didnt get baptised and because of your ignorance on earth.. GOODBYE! I could have poped my head out of a cloud and told you "worship me or you will regret it," but alas.. its seems I was busy all those years... On your way to burning for eternity!"

Sorry.. but all common logic and common sense destroys your religion. Im not trying to be mean. I just wish you would put down your impenetrable, child-like force called "faith," and look around you. Use your evolutionary gift of logic. PLEASE! :qbluewacko:

4. GhostDog

GhostDog Begun Flowering

amen danke. you are my hero. well articulated

Lol the hell thing. when i went to catholic school i learned about the varying types of "sin".....and i just thought wow if i did that i would burn in eternal flames and get sodomized daily by a pinneapple? i thought god was all-loving?

5. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Why would they have to calculate thousands of tears "back in time"?? :confused:

Was this satellite built by DeLaurean, or Doc Brown?? :confused:

6. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Interesting... But, I'll stick with being an Atheist.

[​IMG]

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

How would you go about finding 'missing time' anyway? I heard this story many moons ago. While I believe in God...it's more along the line of the 'Force' in Star Wars. All energy, conciousness, and matter combined = God....to me. Hell I don't know. I do find the story hard to swallow though....people believe things either because they want to believe it's true or they are afraid it's true. Wizard's first rule.

8. danke

danke Hermaphrodite

hahahah.. no the satellite WAS DeLorean and Doc Brown built it.

Doc Brown was actually a prophet, and was put here by God to calculate the "missing day." :pottytrain1:

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Personally i have a deep inner feeling that there is a higher power just as i believe we are not the only life forms in the universe.It does say in the bible that in the last days people will scoff at religion,etc.

The problem with religion is that when JESUS came and organised his church on earth,after he was crucified and resurrected he left Peter in charge of the church but gradually the romans killed all the original christ taught disciplies so then people started interpreting their own views of the bible and bits were removed,etc.

The outcome is a plethera of churches with varying doctrines that confuse people and thats why people dont give a shit cos they cant distinguish between real religion and fake.

Without offending people, i reckon ,in fact believe there is a GOD cos so many miracles have been recorded over the years,surely the whole of the world cant be deluded into believing summit that aint true?

Just cos we dont see god these days dont mean he aint around.Maybe i just dont want to believe that this is all there is to life,we live then die?

Ive been in with real medium/psycics and they have brought dead friends/family through to me and said things that COULD NEVER have been known by ANY livingt person alive!How do we explain that?Theres got to be an afterlife.Hmm maybe too many acid warped my fragile little mind but as The Monkeys used to say..."I'm a believer" lol.Smoke on

ps.EXCELLENT topic though Hydro,well worth some rep points in my view.

10. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

very well put danke-

call me an unbeliever in what others blinded by greed see as "the truth". THATS OK!

so-

what IS a sin? WHOS to say what IS and what ISNT a sin>? whos to say that robbing a man like bill gates of a million dollers to feed a 3rd world starving country is a sin? EXACTLY!

no one- and i mean NO ONE here on this earth has the right TO JUDGE another IMPERFECT person. omg i cant believe hes wearing that, or OMG look at that pos junk car hes driving- or look at that wierd lookin dood he needs a haircut! omg hes wearing white after labor day! etc...etc...

who has the right to call ME an "unbeliever"??

because i dont want whatever i think i deserve when i die-??

christianity the ultimate greedyness.......to say hey- when i die-

I DESERVE TO GET WHATEVER I WANT! - WTF??!!! LOL

christins and others alike expect to be paid in full when they die.

and im not saying its only christians with views twisted on greed- theres tons of others.

you dont have to be a believer in a religion to be a good person...

im a good person.....on this earth living right now- when i die....i die. like everything else. poof! gone- nothing more!

while you keep "the faith" in what u think- is "the way"

but- i have to be a good person here on this earth, go to church etc. etc...

in order to get whatever i want when i pass...

no thats not GREED- its HEAVEN! :laughing5: :laughing5:

whos to say what a good person is? just because im not dunked in water by a person who claims to be a holy preacher of gods word?? LOL

ok ppl .... u go belive WHATEVER you want to believe- thats your right!

im already seeing you in hell!

dont get me wrong- religion is invention by man to make MONEY! if religion was free then why do they pass out collection plates? so the preachers can roll around in mercades and have huge huge houses?? i know for a fact what the preachers round here drive- i see there "reserved parking places"

if the ppl who ran the church really cared about the believers in the religion- u think they might just change those MOST UNCOMFORTABLE wooden pews to lazyboys?? and some flat screens with bible on dvd??!!!!!

i mean all of the churchs expendatures are tax exempt anyway!! i mean...its not like what they buy comes out of THEIR pocket!!

dream on ppl!!!! DREAM ON!

it is also put together to help retain order as danke said- thats where HELL comes in! think about it ppl!

IT TIME TO SEE THE LIGHT!

you take your "guarentee" of heaven to the bank.... do you think the tellers there will cash it?

thats right- gotta have faith....

but just because you have $0 in the bank and you need a $20 out of the atm....faith doesnt do shit for you then! nor does it ever....

keep the hope of that big cherry pie in the sky!

ill be sitting here eating mine before i die ;) :D

11. trillions of atoms

and LOL at rep points- there just to boost ones ego......

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Surely theres summit out there?

yeah trill i hear what your saying man,you dont have to believe in any kind of deity to be a good person,i know church goers who are going to hell quicker than non christians,lol.NO BODY can judge ANYBODY on this earth and just cos people aint "believers" in this life dont mean they wont go on to the afterlife(if there is one),i believe in KARMA and putting out good vibes n' shit like that but i cant just dismiss the bible without having read it and understood it, there aint NO way i believe my homies who have O.D.'d or been killed are just rotting in the dust,neither do i believe they will not get into heaven or whatever just cos they never went to church or said prayers,etc.

I believe we all have a purpose in the tapestry of life but i dont know what.The only thing that bugs me is ,if religion is all a scam then how can 90% of the worlds population believe in a higher being or a God? I know what you mean but about holier than thou christians thinking they better just cos they go to church one day a week!

They say God is merciful,then surely EVERYONE would be given a shot at the afterlife whether they were belivers or not? I have spoken through mediums to dead friends and they told me shit no-one knew which spooked me so they must live on in some shape or form somewhere right? Well i like to believe that anyway cos its more comforting than to think im never gonna see friends/family ever again.

I was brought up going to church but i broke away when i ws 12 but i never denied the POSSIBILITY of an afterlife. Its a subject we could talk bout for years and never come to a conclusion but we cant just dismiss thousands of years of recorded words as pure fantasy,theres got to be summit there dont you think?

I dont buy into the whole darwin theory and besides Jesus only lived 2 millenia ago and there is so much written and recored about what he did, is it the biggest fraud/hoax in the history of the world? Or is it that we are content in our lives and going to church,mosques or whatever may make us feel guilty about certain things we done in the past/present.Im gonna end this one here cos i could babble all night 'bout this when im stoned( got a bit of G13 here and some POLLEN,its my birthday so its party time :punk: )so i look forward to seeing the majority of GK users thoughts on the matter.Smoke on

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

The rep systems a good/bad thing?

i disagree with you on that one trill, if you think a good topic/post or thread has been done by a fellow member then its only right to rate them for it,that way it distinguishes the dudes who be talking bout stuff from the ones who constantly post shit (yeah i know what your thinking trill,lol)

Peace out.Smoke on

14. danke

danke Hermaphrodite

Apprentice.. go back and read my post.. Read it 3 times if you have to. Just try to understand it.

We are just here to be here. Thats life. Having an immortal soul with immortal memories (i.e. remembering your friends and so on) would suck. If you really believed that.. why would you cry when they die?

Trill said it perfectly (thanks for the props trill :qbluewacko: )

We are all the same thing.. just with different experiences which cause different mindsets.. in turn creating all spectrums of the human mind/race. This earth rules in my opinion. Be happy you have a set mindset.. a "normal" way of thinking. Because you can manipulate it and it feels goooood. Why do you think good ol dank mary rules? Because it changes your mindset. If you are in heaven and you have one single mindset all the time.. that would get old. And if you could control that mindset/warp it and change it do whatever you want with it.. that would be boring as all hell! When you put that stamp, shrooms, or joint in your mouth, you are expecting those things to change it.. not you.

The bible has some good shit in it.. no doubt. But the way christians and catholics and all other religons take the message is so retarded. They construe it and twist it into what they want it to say... so it parallels their religon. Every religon does it.. Every preacher does it.

Tons of preachers teach different ways of looking at THE SAME VERSE.

15. trillions of atoms

yes, but only does the person who has all the rep see it- like all the rep i have ...i see it. feel me ;)

and about 90 percent of the world believes......who made that conducted census? i have to say that those numbers seem to be off- as theres no way one could even come to a percentage close to what is believed....

THINK ABOUT IT. its the entire earth- and theres societys of ppl we have never even seen before.... let alone all the billions who are unreached in other lands w/o electricty

and who communicate in other languages including ppl who dont talk read hear or are mentally retarted, crazy- ill on deathbed unable to talk, are comotose braindead vegetable- the list continues with endless posibilities.

etc- etc- etc......

and those who believe in what they believe in- being followers and not leaders

some

are weak and need to have a crutch and be "pointed in the right direction"

or

have had it burned into them since birth and are closeminded and will NEVER have a 2nd guess or another point of view in there mind about everything they have feelings for . ppl who believe they are right no matter what. its society! they need direction and help! there all lazy and dont want to do anything themselves!!

its just a way for ppl to have a feeling of saftey, in a world of endless possibilities, numbers and odds-

its all chance.

life was a chance which occured in an existance of nothing but endless probibilities.

^^ i like that that might be added to my sig :D

and if you dont believe that then you will never understand.

16. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Unknown Host.

An error occurred while loading http://0.2967370646015026909830380325017173959168:

Unknown host 0.2967370646015026909830380325017173959168

Why are we here?

What is our true purpose?

17. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

To me this question makes me think of all the stuff you can read on dimenisons. There is obviously something after death, with all these people saying there was bright light and they felt completely at peace. To me i would think this next step after your 3rd dimensional death isnt tangible, its another evolutionary jump for your real self. Your soul.

Is it not possible that religion was created by the side of evil, and when they say that you sold your "SOUL" to the devil, its because you had complete faith in a person/religion youre only told about and forgot about everything your soul has to offer. Like you SOLD OUT your own soul and yourself and forgot to think about how everything around you these days in the 3rd dimensional world is electric and is gogin against your natural existence. Its weird stuff i read, all about how the anciets were in tune with themesleves and the stars, but as life moved on we became so dependant on electricty, that there is just a giant net of an electrical field around the earth now, and we are being cut off from these natural forces that guided these ancient civilizations. Radios, cellphones, tv, you dont really need these like they are all distractions. You know? Like some people are being tested on whether or not they feel "it" insisde themselevs after all these negative forces around you try to bring you down and make you "Sell your soul" to a fake religion for faith.

I probably sound nuts :eusa_dance: , but like i said i got a gut feeling reliigion isnt right for me. Im more intrested in the sky at night and "REAL RECORDED HISTORY" by the ancients.

TheApprentice likes this.
  18. trillions of atoms

ummm to exist for as long as possible??

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Im just a very openminded but not weak minded guy,lol.

ok trill i'll give you that one,maybe 90% is a bit off (i'm only going by the numbers of people we know are religious)but think about it,its not just christianity...i'm talking about muslims(millions of them),christians(even more of them) and then you have your buddhists,sihhks,tribes who believe in deity's and so on and so on,even the tribes that live in undiscovered places have a belief system in some sort of deity.

That all adds up to a large part fo the human race,what i meant to say was the majority of the human race believe in some sort of afterlife or deity.Im not trying to say you or dank are wrong,in fact i agreed with MANY things you both said( too many to mention),all im trying to do is remain open minded.How can we say definetly that there is no afterlife of some kind when none of us know yet?All im saying is that its summit that interests me,same as im interested in finding out if there are other beings on other planets,etc.

Scientists can explain MOST things scientifically but what about the things they cannot answer for?They shrug it of as hocus pocus!Surely we gotta remain open minded at least? I know the kind of crutch needing followers you mean when you say that but what about the people who believe that the soul lives on at least in some form?

How can you explain me contacting dead friends/family through a medium and have been told things from them that no-one could have seen or known,thats what makes me believe in SOMETHING,im not sure what it is but maybe im just finding it hard to accept that this life we live is IT!

Nothing more nothing less,what about my homies who passed so young?Maybe its HOPE im clinging to more than anything else but one thing i will say is that whenever i have read the bible(especiallly revelations and isaiah) when i have been stoned it has all seemed to make PERFECT sense and i get a gut feeling that some ELEMENTS on a spiritual level are true thats all .

You and dank e ar correct on a lot of what you said,i agreed with most of what you guys were saying and how you were putting your perspectives on it,you made good points but im sure other guys from the other side of the coin would argue an equal case for their beliefs.

All i mean is we need to be openminded about religions,afterlifes(cos none of us been yet,lol)even stuff like conspiracies like roswell and other mexican ufo sightings(yeah most are hoaxes but i seen some gen-up proper shit on tv).

We cannot be the only beings in a universe that is bigger than we could comprehend,some questions cant be answered and until they are i'll always remain open minded but that dont mean im weak minded, just an eternal optimist,lol.Smoke on...

Good discussion/thread,im enjoying it,reading some good long and topical posts,thats what i fuckin love about this forum.Peace

20. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

How many here have had a near death experience? I have....and there IS something more beyond this plane. Think about what makes you who you are...what animates the body if you will. It's energy...we are ALL energy beings. What animates us are a bunch of electrical impulses. And as we know energy never disipates...it simply changes form. There IS such a thing as a concious and a sub-concious though however. How that all plays into things is what remains to be figured out, but just because WE don't understand it don't mean it's not real. I do believe in a 'supreme' being in the sense that everything in this universe and in all the others (physics is proving that there are indeed multiple universes like bubbles if you will) makes up the whole of 'God'. Like the atoms of your body make up the whole of you. If you think about 'life' then you see that it's all just a sum of parts from the most miniscule to the MEGA. We are simply a link in the chain of life IMO. But there ARE other dimentions.....we live in the 3rd, but again...Physics tells us that there are as many as 11...possibly more. We can't SEE the others because we are not on the save wave length as those other dimentions. I believe that our energy has the ability to cross these dimentions based on our 'souls' vibration at any given time. That's where reincarnation comes into play and it's been known for thousands of years that reincarnation does exist....not in theory but in fact. Life is a training ground...sorta like school for the soul. I don;t believe in the whole heaven/hell thing as many religions like to define it though. I believe in other dimentions...good and evil are part of them all to some extent. I like to tell the religious that if God is everything then God is evil too. Think about it. Basically I believe we commune with a higher conciousness (been there done that) and yet we still have free will because that's how learning takes place....trial and error. If you get it right in this lifetime who's to say you don't get a 1000 year reprieve? Then...once 'summer break' is over it's back to life (somewhere) and learning. That could be anywhere in any universe too...not just back here on Earth. In the end....WHO really knows? Nobody has proof one way or the other......to assume ANY theory is the 'correct' one is arrogant at best. :wink: