1 TREE...2k...RDWC...5lb???

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by CCrete, Jun 18, 2010.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

That plan was scrapped anyhow Dix.....but the hole was to control temps mainly

If you read further a new plan has been hatched

BUT to kinda argue for a minute about plant yielding possibilities....there are plenty of folks (just not on GK), mainly professionls, that grow 5-6ft tall plants that yield well into the 5-6-7LB range....I believe there is an entire Forum section dedicated to the guy who helped create/maximize his style of growing indoors in hydro

pm me if you truly interested, if not just understand that its possible to grow single 8-9lb tree indoors, but within that you must be the single master of your domain to the fullest extreme....and YES there are a few that can do it

sure as shit not me:mashed:

2. CCrete

Thanks for the idea..

I think im guna go with an old water buffalo we had at our shop, 200gal, 6ft round base but Ill cut a few feet off the top, make it about 18inch....ill figure out a top, cut a hole and drop in a modified 5 gal bucket as a netpot

we'll see:passsit:

3. hydromorphone

hydromorphone Excommunicated

A good three month veg cycle with a lot of training might help.

4. CCrete

I think bout 6 weeks will do the job, maybe even 4 weeks if done right

5. CCrete

Soooo, things have changed a lil

The room is built, its 4x4.5 by 8 tall........going with a single vertical 1k eye hort delux, 6inch exhaust

The main tub that will house the tree is a TUFF BOX, its slightly LOWER than a 5 gallon bucket, its very low and squat to house the HUGE rootmass and to let it go outward instead of engulfing the taller style grow buckets......27gallon in size, it will hold 23 gallons of solution for its constant amount, there are 2 separate return lines to help with flow, oxygen production and to keep any clogging at a low risk state, there will be a 12inch round "puck" style air diffuser fed by a commercial 110L pump in the TREE tub (it looks like a filled boiling bathtub) and 2 smaller 4inch pucks in the ressy........it will be a RDWC system connected to a 25gallon ressy.....all lines are 3/4inch

Note: the tuffbox is strong enough to hold me on the lid, standing in the center of the lid there is ZERO flexing from the sides and very minimal on the lid....Im 6'1 205lbs.......so It should be able to handle the tree weight with no issues

The main and basic idea was taken from what Ive been doing with my RDWC systems but more so of a design by Heath Robinson.....its nothing new or fancy but incredibly effective

Ill train her to fill up the area and will be strung thru 2 differant layers, 16inch apart, horizontal fencing

6. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

you weigh 205 like i got horns... Sounds good about the tree. I picked up a little idea at looking at heath's setup's. Putting the return at the bottom of the net pot then top feed to keep it mixing. It is the only way besides recirculating from the "return" line to make sure no clogs. I have only had one using 3/4 lines but ya never know. If i was rebuilding today I would implement it.

Have you ever used your shopvac to clear your returns and clean the sediment off the bottoms of the buckets at the end of a run? It works awesome... me

7. CCrete

Actually, yes....i did do the shop vac thing.....then i thought it was easier and more counter productive to go with new lines everytime, once the rom is cleared out it makes it ez

im goin with 2......... 1/4 feed lines to go with the 2.......3/4 returns.....Ive had a few clogs with the single returns, so hopefully this works better.........I also started using a 3inch piece of CLEAR tube from the beginning where the tub connect is then go with a sleeve and the black.....this helps keep an eye on the roots to see a clog easier than having to pick up the tree

8. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Reminder to edgeamacate you hicks in the morning when I'm sober....:roffl:

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Useless? What are you doing home? You're much to sober to be back already. Out! Out to the streets until you're sufficiently besotted. You've got an image to maintain now.

10. SteelCity Smoker

I don't know if I would say I'm a hick. I live quite close to downtown and do not have land nor a tractor. But if you are laying down knowledge I'm listening.

Chris I am going to swap the connecting tube from bucket to main line from black to clear cause that would be super helpful to spot roots taking over. Thannks...TinTown Puffernuts

11. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

While I don't know the first thing about hydro I would caution against using any clear lines. I have water wand I use and it has a clear line. Last night I went to water my plants and it had suddenly turned green from all the algae in it.

12. SteelCity Smoker

midnight I cycle my water pretty quickly I have a 500 gph pump moving 30 gal or less at any given time. Doing the math using 450gph/30gal as a real world output that's 15 exchanges per hour. Thanks for the advice it is solid, but it's a very short piece and the water will be moving at all times and is highly oxygenated. It saves me from coming home from work to find a plant floating in hydroton with water spilling over the edges of the bucket due to the roots being sucked into the drain and clogging it. I have screens in play but them roots are determined...Steelcity

13. CCrete

for me, everything is black, except 3inches that comes directly from the tub fitting at the bottom of my bucket, thats where 100% of any clogs will happen and have, for me....

So instead of waiting for the plant roots to crawl thru the screen fitting on the inside that works 97% of the time.........i just swapped out the small piece that was black for a clear piece..worked perfectly, i caught the 3 minor clogs last time

and besides the plants get so big, by week 2 of veg the floor and ALL lines are in the dark anyhow....

i hear what ya sayin, but not in MY case atleast