30 year guerilla grower says hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vinniekaz, Nov 4, 2011.

1. vinniekaz

vinniekaz Germinating

Greetings fellow GrowKinders:

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Vinnie Kaz,

[​IMG] and I have been growing, smoking, and researching cannabis for the past 30 years. I am an electrical engineer, author, gold prospector, salesman, and chinese-style martial arts nut; tai-chi, chi kung, xingi, these workouts are about to take over the world soon! I grew up 40 miles west of Chicago. Just after graduating high school, I traveled to Happy Camp, California, in Siskiyou county (northern Cali) in 1981 to dredge for gold on a gold claim located on the Klamath River, but I soon found myself dropped right into the middle of the northen California seedless marijuana revolution that was soon to sweep the entire country! (my profile pic would not download after 3 dozen tries so I put it in here for now).​

After a full summer in California, I had a chance to make some local connections, and soon found myself in possession of multiple strains of very high quality, seedless marijuana, the likes of which I had never seen when living in the Chicago area. At this point in time, almost no one was growing indoors because metal halide grow lights were just coming on to the mass market at prices that people could afford.

This was the ultimate party for me: :party5: 18 years old, pockets full of gold nuggets, alone in northen Cali, and high quality sinsemilla all around me.:bananas:

Once I started growing on my own, utilizing a purple afghan #2 strain obtained from the locals, my personal gardens were cultivated on a ridge about 75 feet above my gold claim on the Klamath river. When the plants needed watering, the pumps on the gold dredge were used to pump water from the river up to the garden above. Needless to say, a whole bunch of that Cali sinsemilla found its way back to my hometown over the course of the next ten years or so.

Over the past 30 years, I have lived in Illinois, northern California, and about a dozen points in-between. I have always tried to move to areas that were "hotbeds" of marijuana cultivation. Because of this, many connections and friendships were established with a multitude of professional, outdoor cannabis growers. These relationships have allowed to me to observe, first hand, many of the most closely guarded trade secrets, and old-school techniques, used by these professionals to triple their garden yields, increase garden security, repel cannabis-munching critters, and reduce the amount of back-breaking labor required to set up a clandestine garden.

My latest endeavor has been to put all of these techniques and "trade secrets" into printed book form, which I am now in the midst of publishing, named: Guerilla Growing Trade Secrets: hints kinks and tips for the clandestine cannabis grower. Also had to form a publishing company: Trade Secrets Publishing Company. For the past five years+, this project has taken over my life! Also heavily involved in the push for decriminalization and medical marijuana in the state of Illinois, so I usually stay pretty busy.

Well, that is pretty much my life story..........been involved in the cannabis "industry" for years, just not in a high-profile way like some of the more well-known cultivation authors out there. I look forward to answering your growing questions in the outdoor growing forum, and chatting with all of you in the future, and hopefully learning some of YOUR most closely guarded cultivation trade secrets and tactics!

Best Wishes To All,

Vinnie Kaz

2. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

Welcome fellow Chicagoan! I too grew up in the suburbs around the same period of time, but on the south side.

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

:-welcome-:

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:-welcome-:

welcome aboard

5. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Holy shit, what an intro.

Welcome to the show.

Peace.....

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

:-welcome-: you strike me as the type of grower I'd enjoy to have around, and I'm sure you've got some good info to share after 30yrs.

7. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you are going to be a great addition here.

Sure hope to see some of your outdoor grow pics sometime.

Take care

BBT:anibong::anibong::anibong:

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Always an open seat Vinnie. Welcome aboard.

9. vinniekaz

vinniekaz Germinating

Hello to everyone and glad to be here

Thanks to all for the quick replies...glad to be here and looking forward to helping some of the new outdoor growers out, and perhaps learning some of the trade secrets of the old school guerilla growers at the same time.

With the government sticking their noses into the medical dispensaries yet once again, people may have to take to the outdoors in order to produce the amount of cannabis that will be needed to take the place of the huge grow warehouses that now exist to supply the dispensaries.

The huge "safe" "legal" indoor grows may soon be shut down by the government, namely DOJ and DEA, or they may simply lose their lease due to government intimidation that is now being directed towards the owner/landlord of the building in which these large grows and dispensaries operate.

In my opinion, there is no grow light like the sun; multi-spectral and super powerful. Marijuana plants with a high yield genetic background, grown in full sunlight for a full season can yield 10 - 15 pounds, all in about a 100 square foot area (100 cubic feet of tilled and fortified grow mix).

Oh well, we will have to wait and see what the courts say, and how the lawsuits are settled...but when has the f***ing government ever waited for a courts opinion before they started busting down doors and ruining people lives!

Look forward to chatting with everyone in the future...a little busy with the book publishing/promotion right now, but I will definitely be around.

Vinnie Kaz

10. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Right on Vinnie.....Welcome to the party