750 watts of LED over 25 sq.ft

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by ducrider, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ducrider

ducrider Helming

Yes they're special. . Picked them up in Vietcong army supply isle at Home Depot. Check, I used to use the bamboo tomato stakes but I noticed that they got a bit moldy after a few uses so I'm phasing those out in favor of plastic ones.

2. ducrider

ducrider Helming

Different room same lights 6 1/2 weeks in..
    Lemon Berry Thai pheno
    Lemon Berry Thai pheno 6 1-2 wks-1.jpg

3. ducrider

ducrider Helming

Girl Scout Cookie 6 1/2 wks Girl Scout Cookie  6 1-2 wks-1-2.jpg

blazerwill420, bigbudztoo and Herb like this.
  4. ducrider

ducrider Helming

D3115E9C-67C1-4353-ACAB-A26BEF8C5B04.jpeg Just shy of three weeks of flowering and they’re ready for some defoliation. The last few runs I’ve been backing off extreme defoliation in favor of more of a heavy trimming. Growing in an organic mix I don’t think the plants recover as quickly as they do when grown in hydro or with mineral based ferts. For me the garden is happier when I leave at least a couple of leaves on the branches.

bigbudztoo likes this.
  5. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I had the same thought when contemplating this method in my grow. Soil is more forgiving in many ways but it's slower in some ways too. It just works different. Good to know someone else using organic soil has done some trial runs with this...I'll keep your observations in mind when I try this myself.

ducrider likes this.
  6. ducrider

ducrider Helming

C976D329-AE18-4667-BE35-66F26F8CAA87.jpeg This is about as far as I go with the defoliation. Any further than this and I’ve noticed a decrease in main cola size as well as drop in production. There were runs early on where I totally stipped then bare and suffered a significant losses.
    Now I generally defoliate to the point where all of the lower growth gets sufficient light and no further.