A day in the life...

Discussion in 'What song is GK listening to?' started by ResinRubber, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Crops are in, fall is here, and it's time to laze into winter. Good time to be takin' walks and watching everything change. Same dance every year for as long as history, and every time it's just as incredible. The Swan have been gathering so the pooch and I have been watching them feed and congregate before launching south.

First, a little "Nimrod". (who was interestingly enough the son of Kush so methinks it appropriate for a weed joint.) Or, for the less adventurous, there's always the classic Vivaldi "Autumn" on the second link.

[YOUTUBE]NhnMd1Jl7SA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]H7hGiZ579cs[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nice

Pics and music. Good combo, especially while :redbong:

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Booty calls rock.... I've given up on happily ever after. I'm searching for happily over the the next few mins.....lol

4. ResinRubber

Out scouting and digging the winter. :redbong: Lake froze, cracked and froze again giving a pretty cool 60's psychedelic vibe to the walk. Almost felt like I was walking on grey paisley.

[YOUTUBE]XLRX7bZH41g[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two days later it's full on.

[YOUTUBE]Yb_juTPQJUc[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Very cool pictures of the ICE! :thumbsup: :redbong:

6. ResinRubber

A Smoky Mountain Christmas this year. Doing a few chores and screwing with the animals.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=7CuJhw_I4oM&feature=share&list=ALBTKoXRg38BAPRBDwGB7q3GF5hbc8D4Oa&index=8[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then off to bed with something smooth. Found an old stash of Afgan in the cabin, at least two years old but still makes for a stony Christmas. :passit: As they say down here, "Ya'all have a good Christmas."

[YOUTUBE]gyQAkKHvBFo[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. friendlyfarmer

Nice. Looks familiar though I know I've never been there

8. Mrgreengenes

Looks nice and relaxing. Merry Christmas buddy. :redbong:

9. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Looks like a great time-Bud

10. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Nice pics, Res. enjoyed that.

11. ResinRubber

[YOUTUBE]37dw2r45Xzg[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ResinRubber

Got some good snow so decided to try out the snowshoes after carving some rare midwest powder turns. The pooch (my daughter's 'yote mix) had some fun in the process hunting mice under the snow.

Oh, and Chee Yeun Kim is smokin'!:redbong:

[YOUTUBE]n6idiKuDiZM[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mrgreengenes

Nice looking pooch! :redbong:

14. ResinRubber

After a harsh night with biting fat belly bitches and ignorant fucks, Mr. Willie Dixon and a plate of bisquits and gravy at a local joint can soothe the nerves.

[YOUTUBE]UcqqyL-Y6Go[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

Burn one and enjoy the late spring. Sure starting to smell good outside.

[YOUTUBE]waxat-_tRH8[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Mrgreengenes

Man can that guy pluck the strings, thanks Resin.. :thumbs-up:

16. ResinRubber

HINT: Big pics so reduce screen size to 75% for easier viewing.:thumbsup:

So it's a garden day. The mom's have overgrown horribly and are badly in need of a trim. Actually, this is the way I learned to trim clones and keep mom's when I first started growing so kinda digging the simplicity again.

:bong-2:

It's funny how after even a short break some of the skills break down. After much effort and kindness my stable of genetics (plus some) are back. Thank you guys...you know who you are. Forever in your debt. Anyways......kept losing clones. Even had to resend a bunch......clod hopper hands of mine couldn't grow-em. :bduh::icon_confused:

What's a guy do when his shit ain't working? Go back to when it did and start again. So that's what happened. Grew lanky assed mom's, topped twice and let them get big and busty.

:redbong:

Tunes to clone by.

[YOUTUBE]BjfLJ5wrlFM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_IBXRwORO2o[/YOUTUBE]

Cut IT! :bduh::icon_confused: You guys didn't think I was THAT much of an old head hippie type did you?

[YOUTUBE]_oph2INT4Rc[/YOUTUBE]

:pimp: Better. Moving on..... pics suck. Left my cam in the car and was too fucking lazy to get it.

10 fuzzy out of focus mom's have been left to their own under 200w's of T5 lighting.

[​IMG]

We take our no longer fuzzy plants and create a work station. Behind is the next plant. To the left our tray of clones. Center is a clean glass working surface with a tray of cuts waiting to be processed. To the immediate right is a trash tray and far right is hacked up branches waiting to be turned into cuts. Always have a sharpie, fresh razor, trimming shears and labels handy.

[​IMG]

In this process you literally cut the top 2/3's of the plant off. Just cut the whole damn thing and be done with it. No water glasses or jars. No snipping little twigs. Cut the fuckin' top off.

Now we got something that looks like this.

[​IMG]

What to do? Ho;ld it up and start hacking. Cut every stem at the node until you get to the top. Me likey clones from the tops!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only do one strain at a time...fucked that one up before:BangHead: If you grade your cuts into piles, you'll get a cut tray that looks like this. Tops on the left, big cuts center, small cuts right. This way you can easily judge the best clones to start with.

[​IMG]

Process them as you normally would with a fresh cut and stem scrape. Pop them in some cubes and on to the next plant.

[​IMG]

Uh dad? Still need to clean up.

[​IMG]

Quick shop vac. 10 in focus mom's ready to give it up in another month, 100 clones and a clean space. :redbong:

[​IMG]

If you try this route, be sure to start with relatively dry pots for the moms. With little remaining foliage relative to rootmass the respiration will drop making the plants vulnerable to root rot for a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Grown in Tx. likes this.
  17. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Pulling up a chair right up front . Res.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BBT

18. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Hell yeah man, that's an awesome demonstration!

19. ResinRubber

Just a day spent walking with the camera and pooch to enjoy the fall colors. Not Duc worthy pics, but a good day nonetheless. Fall is my season, the beautiful death of all that was green promises new life in the spring after a long winter's sleep.

This is the last large remnant of the "Big Wood" old growth hardwood forest that covered much of east central Minnesota. What was one tens of thousands of acres can now be traversed in an afternoon.

[YOUTUBE]HwR2iTPvRbw[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. friendlyfarmer

Oh man that is gorgeous. Looks like paradise to me.

Res I was out with the pooch today too. Although I am minutes from the downtown of a largish city, it looks very similar to your pics, which are great btw. We have a dog park too, and Nanook has a few girlfriends he likes to meet there to pretend to hump.