An update from Fusion

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Useless, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Hey there grower and smokers. Been a while. I hope life has been treating you all very well.

Just wanted to drop you all a line or two, let you know what's been happening, and what is coming up!

First off, things have been rough for both the Eastern and Western Fusion camps.

I am not at liberty to discuss the Eastern issues at this time, maybe Hupla will indulge you with some details. I'll just say we suffered a major hit over there recently.

Here in the Western camp, well things haven't been any better.

1) On my return from Europe, I found my safe had been stolen, along with about $12,500 in cash, and some other sentimental items. Been living by shoe strings since.

2) I need to give a whole hearted "FUCK YOU" to Sunshine soil, advanced mix #4 for single handedly wiping out a large portion of my genetics library with tainted soil. Never seen anything like it, gold mold killed every plant I had put in it within a week. The soil appeared fine at transplant, no signs of anything unusual. 3 days later all frehly rooted clones were done, and the ones up potted were looking grim. There was no chance to save them. The dead list includes - Chemdawg d, 3 bubba thai females, 3 bubba thai males, lemon thai male, Katsu Bubba Kush, OC/HA OG Kush, Afghan female, Afghan male, a batch of afghan sprouts, a batch of african sprouts, all my LUSH testers, all my bubba afghan testers, and a few others it's best to not even try to remember.

So, needless to say we have had to start jumping through hoops to get back on track. We have done that, and are now moving forward.

There will be some changes made. Obviously, there will not be any more lemon thai stock, as the male I spent 3 years searching for is gone. Lemonberry will be back, but not as an F1. We are in the process of line breeding her to create a uniform plant based on my favorite pheno.

Bubba Thai was looking very promising, but am now back to square one, so there is a delay.

Bubba afghan had a poor germ rate, as did LUSH, but that was on my end when I harvested the seed. I am testing the BA's again, sending some to a 3 rd party for testing to see what the cross shows us. I have a good feeling about what she can bring to the table.

LUSH is going through the testing phase now. Currently testing/selecting for a proud stud to continue the line. Initial grows of the F1 are great, but without the LT male I selected, she gets line bred too.

There are a few more tricks up our sleeve, including the S. African and Highland Thai landraces, and something I am currently playing with I call UFO for now.

So, we have been beat down by a few larger than life speed bumps, but we ain't staying down. We are coming back stronger than ever. Heads up! Don't be standing on the tracks when the train is coming through.

Cheers.

Useless

2. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Wow, that totally sucks. :5eek:

I don't know how you can stay so positive after all that. More power to you. Hopefully, things will be smooth(er) sailing from here on out.

:bigcry::cry::cry::confused2::confused::confused::confused:

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

That is some messed up stuff. Hope it all works out for you. Any plans on changing who distributes your gear?

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Well that is defiantly several kicks in the teeth one after another :icon_confused:

Good luck with getting back in the saddle :thumbsup:

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That absolutely sucks Use! Figured something was up when Leo had to reshuffle a little while back. Didn't know you hit a rough patch too.

You still looking through the highland Thai's? After running a Cambodian for a jillion weeks my Thai seeds were stuck on the back burner because of turn around time. Cash is tight and long garden cycles don't play well into that scenario. If you get a chance it'd be cool to see a highland in your garden. Who's stock are you drawing from?

No more LT? :5eek:Better hang on to mine then because she's become my all around go to plant. Clones like a dream, grows no matter how bad you fuck things up and gives a very healthy yield in a reasonable time frame.

Best on recovering the lost gene pool...fuckin years man....shit.

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

Hang In There :thumbsup:

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Wow man. It sounds like you've been through the ringer. Glad to hear you guys are back at it after all that happened. I was wanting some more Fusion gear for my genetic stable, so I'm glad to hear that this hasn't stopped you. :passsit:

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well that totally sucks! All those wonderful plants gone due to some bad soil. What a bummer. Western front sounds like a bummer also. Figured something happened when Leo's grow was discarded. (also heard from a little bird). I didn't see you mention Lemonberry. If you want, I still have 6 beans left from your testers pack you can have back if you so desire. It's a good thing you love to do what you do. Those setbacks would squash a regular human. Good thing your a superman of growers. Now, up, up and away....

9. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Damn, Use.

Speed bump, my ass. Sounds more like a carpet bombing to me.

Glad you are hanging in there though. You are a guy to turn a setback

into an opportunity in my book. Looking forward to more Fusion

gear when it is available.

I am curious, as are the others. Any plans for ya'lls gear to be available

through other distributors ?

Hang tough

BBT

10. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

That really sucks!

When I lost all my mother plants I was bummed, but hearing that you lost your collection (and your safe) bums me out even more.

Glad to hear you are getting it all back on track. Wishing you all the best.

11. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Use

So very sorry to hear the bad news. The loss of the lemon thai is saddening news. as is the rest of the library. I hope and know you will get things up and running better than ever.

12. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

WOW what kick in the balls man. Thank you in advance for the great genitics that you'll soon be cranking out.

The Lemon Thai will be missed. I've got four of them cooking now and damn if they aren't some hearty sons of bitches. If it would help preserve the strain, you're welcome to the 4 or 5 seeds I still have. I was going to pop them right after this round finishes up but I've got other gear I could use.

God Speed getting things back up and running :thumbsup:

Duc

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I got Bub n Dab

14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

:wtf?: why do bad things happen to good people?

I am sorry for your losses, and the Farmer Family is rootin for ya :thumbsup:

15. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

man that sucks Use, sorry to hear about all that. Non the less, we're all looking forward to the new breeds, keep your head up Fusion Team

16. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

Bad things happen to everyone but we only care when people we like are suffering.

Sorry my brother and I'll be thinking about you as you regroup. You go this, it's just a matter of time :)

17. Useless

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Lemonberry is going to be line bred. Thought I mentioned that.

Losing the LT male hurt. I spent 3 years of running batch after batch of different combinations to find him. Oh well, can't change what has already happened.

Distribution - not sure how that will be handled yet. I spoke at length with Hupla yesterday about it, but we have yet to make any decisions. Obviously we need to have a sit down with Sannie before any decisions are made.

18. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I'm sorry to hear that Useless. Maybe something positive will emerge from the ashes. A new line could be pretty exciting. Wish I could help.

19. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

you got a big double dry-rape with the safe and soil issues.

Very sorry that happened to you.

Good luck on the Eastern supply front.

I managed to get ahold of of some of your Blu Chocolate, but have yet to start them.

Good luck with everything guys, I wish you the best.

I'll go smoke a bowl and a fat joint for good vibes your way.

20. Useless

(Que the Rocky theme, Eye of the Tiger)

OK, so like I said, we got knocked down, but not out. Now its time. "Rising up, back on the street..." :roffl:

So, there are a few new things happening.

New strains being beta tested

Tahoe OG Kush x ( Katsu Bubba Kush x Afghan)

and

Pre98 Bubba Kush x ( Katsu Bubba Kush x Afghan)

A third strain I am kicking around is KKSC x Afghan.

And I did a one off of Casey Jones x Bubba Afghan. Basically a redneck express V 2.0 that I gifted to someone for my slackerness in getting them some test beans.

LUSH is getting line bred. F2's will be available but only as a one time offering since the pheno's will be all over the board. Goal i to stabilize her but I'm sure there will be some gems in the F2's, just going to have to find them.

So, I need some ideas for names for the Tahoe and Bubba crosses. If anyone wants to throw some ideas I'd appreciate it.

I'm sure the beta testers will do grow threads and I will post pics of my testers as it goes along, so keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers