And so it begins.....

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by CanadianDAN, Mar 27, 2005.

1. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 7:45 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

2. Stoned1

Stoned1 Veggy Stage

good luck with the rest of your grow Dan

Stoned1:orangebong:

3. Eddie Cheba

Eddie Cheba A Fat Sticky Bud

the leave twisty thing is probably ok. Under my hps i have gotten leaves that are deformed every now and again. I think it occurs then the plant is trying to grow too fast. Or when young node growth is damaged and then opens up into a deformed leaf.

i'm not sure about the growth, they look alright, maybe someone more experienced can pipe up

4. kindkid

kindkid Developed Alternating Nodes

The mark I shoot for is to have 3-4 pairs of leaves(not counting starter leaves) at 10 days from seed. That is 3 or for pairs of COMPLETE leaves so 3 pairs starting their fourth or 4 pairs starting their fith. Not optimal conditions if only 2pairs starting their third at 10 days.

5. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Looking good Dan!.....will be checking in from time to time.

[​IMG]

6. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

The only thing that I can say is that there is an iron clad rule for growing. 1 plant per pot/container. There are many reason to NOT put more than 1 plant per pot.

They look healthy otherwise. Size is 'bout right. Is there a reason that you keep them at different distances from the light?

:animbong: wa

*edit

pot shots forum would have been a great place for this thread dan

(Edited by wawona at 6:50 am on Mar. 28, 2005)

7. seriouslydudewtf

seriouslydudewtf Germinated

Why won't you replace that crappy reflector?

You'll get prob. 20% more weed if you do.

8. CanadianDAN

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 7:46 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

9. KID A

KID A Veggy Stage

yo canadia, your plants look fine, i had that damn curling of the leaves fro about a month or so, when the plants start to get larger and much more leaves start to form it wont matter, i worried myself with those damn leaves. BUT i would definitely take those damn multiples out of the same pot. there is no way they will be able to fit in those small containers, when they grow they need room, there will be no room in one container for multiples. i would transplant NOW while the roots havent gotten intertwined with the other plant and its still earlier so any stress caused will have plenty of time to recover. good luck

10. CanadianDAN

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 7:59 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

11. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

well, you don't know which plants are male and which are female at this point. When you determine males you will have to pull them. The root will be intertwined and you will be pulling out roots from the "good" plant too.

If you just cut the plant off at the soil, and leave the roots, the remaining roots could rot causing another set of problems.

If you happen to get 2 females in one pot they will compete for space, which is a stressor. Stressors lead to hermy. Tight quarters don't allow for the plants to reach max potential.

If you have a female and a male together and you don't get the male out in time it is much easier for your females to become pollenated.

I wouldn't dare tell you that you cannot successfully grow like you are. However, to easily avoid a set of potential problems, my advice is to transplant them to their own pots. ASAP! I use 2 1/3 gallon containers.

Just what I say. Good luck :ebert:

:animbong: wa

12. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

13. Clarence Weedman

Clarence Weedman Latae Sententiae Excommunication

oh yeah i seen da welfare thread. very good 2 add a smoke detector. yo plantz look very good- & i must 'fall in line' when i say 2+ plantz per pot iz a no no, especially in veg. experienced growrz on theez boardz told me so. lotz of root growth goin down. u wont b able 2 transplant witout shockin her. i have done it. 1nce thoz rootz entangle datz it. stunted. then u will b in veg longr. trust me. thoz potz absolutly wont cut it 4 flowr wit 2 plntz per pot. flowr iz a serious thing. dat plant will GET BIG IN DAYZ I SWEAR. da height u have iz questionable. how much height u got exxactly? mayb i mist it. yes. lose da reflector & get mylar. increases light reflc & might give ya a betta yeild. like wawona said, mayb sum of em might b male, so perhapz 1 of da 2 plntz in a pot may get cut, & leave room 4 da mama. who knowz really @ this point. yo plantz r very very very young, especailly 4 seedlings. u have a long journey.

14. CanadianDAN

15. Eddie Cheba

Eddie Cheba A Fat Sticky Bud

nice tight nodes

lookinig good cAnAdiAndAn

16. KID A

KID A Veggy Stage

no not yet canadia, you wont be able to tell for awhile or unti you throw them into flowering stage, youd be able to find out about one to two weeks after that. looking good man keep it up and keep us updated

17. WeedMaster

WeedMaster Germinated

Nice tits dan... I need a MH light as well, but I have NO money...

18. CanadianDAN

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 7:47 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

19. Outdoorchronic

Outdoorchronic Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

hey canadian where did you get your light?

20. CanadianDAN