AUMA ( legalization in California )

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GreenThumb, Apr 29, 2016.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

AUMA is a Trojan horse. if I grow more than six plants or have more than an ounce in my possession I can get six months in jail. Yep, "legal weed" can get you jail time. I'll be voting no on this reeking pile of shit.

auma1.jpg

/monthly_2016_07/auma1.jpg.83c14ab5bc0a9f69a60ea5f2ccb3558c.jpg

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Six plants and one ounce of dry. That combination is idiotic. (I could live with 6 plants and 8 ounces though. Kinda like it is now...) I have no desire to go into the pot business, but it looks an awful lot like I would need to, just to maintain the status quo. As much as I'd like to see it become recreationally legal, I give AUMA a "thumbs down".

OS

blazerwill420 likes this.
  3. OldSmokey

If I were to grow just one 12 week Sativa 12/12 from seed, wouldn't that be close to an ounce or so right there? How about flowering a rooted clone? I've never grown like that, but I'm pretty sure six minimalist plants would be way over the weight limit.

OS

4. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

May I point out that the current punishment for any cultivation is a felony with 18 months in prison. So we have gotten around that, thus turning the punishment into fine if you don't have a license commercial is a step forward. The bottom line is to be in business you must comply.

Under democracy no one gets everything they want.. We all experienced both proposition 19s' from the first 19 it did what those wanting little regulation want and was roundly defeated.. Second preposition 19 faced not only the never-marijuana faction but the ire of cannabis producers and black marketeers..

As always one will have a reason to vote no if it takes away something one had before. That would be black market and prison..

what is happening is that most pro-prop 63 people are consumers not producers and want freedom to consume and grow a little.

From my point of view the legal right to grow six flowering plants is huge. The rest we can work with.

I say hold your nose and vote yes because you all see how many initiatives failed to fund themselves this time around.

How can any initiatives fund themselves next election without backing???

This is it. Our best shot. We have to catch this bus or hope someday another one will come to us. It really that simple. .

5. GreenThumb

Just thought you should see how much support AUMA has Our Growing Coalition

Current and Former Elected Officials

• Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
    • Congressman Jared Huffman
    • Congressman Ted Lieu
    • Congressman Dana Rohrabacher
    • State Senator Mark Leno
    • Assemblymember Rob Bonta
    • Assemblymember David Chiu
    • Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman
    • Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
    • Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer
    • Assemblymember Kevin McCarty
    • Assemblymember Bill Quirk
    • Speaker Emeritus of the Assembly Toni G. Atkins
    • Yolo County Supervisor Don Saylor
    • Desert Hot Springs Mayor Scott Matas
    • San Leandro Vice Mayor Jim Prola
    • Santa Barbara Mayor Helene Schneider
    • Town of Apple Valley Mayor Barb Stanton
    • Watsonville Mayor Felipe Hernandez
    • Sebastopol Mayor Robert Jacob (Ret.)
    • Sonoma Supervisor Ernie Carpenter (Ret.)

Organizations

• California Democratic Party
    • ACLU of California
    • Adelante: Latino Democrats United
    • All of Us or None, Southern California
    • Broken No More
    • Brownie Mary Democratic Club
    • California Cannabis Industry Association
    • California Council of Land Trusts
    • California Medical Association
    • California State NAACP
    • California Young Democrats
    • #Cut50
    • Democrats for Equality
    • Democrats United for a Progressive California
    • Drug Policy Alliance
    • Ella Baker Center
    • HealthRight 360
    • Justice Not Jails
    • Los Angeles Community Health Project
    • Los Angeles County Democratic Party
    • Marijuana Policy Project of California
    • MLK Legacy Democrats
    • Moms United to End the War on Drugs
    • NORML
    • Parents for Addiction Treatment & Healing
    • Progressive Christians Uniting
    • Project Inform
    • Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
    • San Francisco Democratic County Central Committee
    • Students for Sensible Drug Policy
    • William C. Velasquez Institute
    • Women Grow

Public Safety

[*]Blacks in Law Enforcement of America

[*]National Latino Officers Association

[*]Carl Tannenbaum, San Francisco Police Sergeant (Ret.)

[*]David Long, Former Special Agent, U.S. Department of Labor

6. GreenThumb

I am reading the thing and it looks like you can keep what you grew. So if you get more than an ounce don't try and walk around in public with it.

" Possess, plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process not more than six living marijuana plants and possess the marijuana produced by the plants"

Personally I think this will fail to be enforced.

7. GreenThumb

I have to admit there are consequences to not following the law with AUMA. Most are fines. I am looking for the Jail time part but didn't see it yet.

If one gets caught growing to sell you may have to pay a fine for each day you were growing. That could be harsh! So best to get a license!

They do say no more than six living plants for private grows so that is clones too. However all that you grow is yours to keep not just one ounce. Just keep it locked up.

Don't be in possession of more than one ounce in public or an "open container" of weed in the car.

These things are rational steps that appeal to public concerns.

Having approved electrical, environmental and zoning are the domain of local Government.

We have to realize we are becoming legal. These rules apply to a wide range of situations. We may want to change some things but I am okay with what I see. I don't need to smoke near a school. I don't need to smoke in the car.

That I can have 6 plants without my local never-marijuana government taking action is really cool. That I expect I can do production for sale without complying with the laws is ridiculous.

The part where the weed I buy has been tested by a lab first is cool!

As for business:

Chapter 5. Licensing 26050.

(a) The license classification pursuant to this division shall, at a minimum,be as follows:

(1) Type 1 = Cultivation; Specialty outdoor; Small.

(2) Type 1A = Cultivation; Specialty indoor; Small.

(3) Type 1B = Cultivation; Specialty mixed-light; Small.

(4) Type 2 = Cultivation; Outdoor; Small.

(5) Type 2A = Cultivation; Indoor; Small.

(6) Type 2B = Cultivation; Mixed-light; Small.

(7) Type 3 = Cultivation; Outdoor; Medium.

(8) Type 3A = Cultivation; Indoor; Medium.

(9) Type 3B = Cultivation; Mixed-light; Medium.

(10) Type 4 = Cultivation; Nursery.

(11) Type 5 = Cultivation; Outdoor; Large.

(12) Type 5A =Cultivation; Indoor; Large.

(13) Type 5B = Cultivation; Mixed-light; Large.

(14) Type 6 = Manufacturer 1.

(15) Type 7 = Manufacturer 2.

(16) Type 8 = Testing.

(17) Type 10 = Retailer.

(18) Type 11 = Distributor.

(19) Type 12 =Microbusiness

I would like to understand more so please point out the parts of the initiative you all are talking about. I want to learn more about this yet I am not a lawyer.

8. GreenThumb

I think you have that wrong. You can keep all you grow just locked up.

I think one of the licenses is for people who breed plants and such. I am thinking that allows us to bypass the six plant rule.

They just want to know what and where so they can go after the illegal grows like Cartels.

9. GreenThumb

10. GreenThumb

11. GreenThumb

We have to start someplace.

True the Six plant without a license limit is a bit restrictive when one considers that we want to keep clones going, plants veg-ing and plants flowering so I figure this is the part of the law that will get violated the most.

I can say honestly that a six plant indoor 4' x 4' grow produces enough for me personally for a whole year. I grow great weed.

If I did two grows a year then I could share with others as in gifting or bartering.

We are going to accept what is good about AUMA and we will violate what is not.

Those who want to grow without license for sales will find that you may have to pay a lot more than what the License costs not including taxes owed. Just not worth the risk not to get a license.

I welcome anyone to point out what I should read that supports your argument however what has been said before this post contain falsehoods. Like can only have one ounce in the home.

12. GreenThumb

Phew I read the whole thing.

Yes if you are going to have more than six living plants in your house without at least a MicroBusiness license you are a fool.

$500 fine or upto six months or both. I'm guessing considering the prison crowding that income would rule. So fines more than likely.

Sounds mean but there has to be a line that defines business from private.

MicroBusiness is up to two people. Like a Mom and Pop business. This will be the most applicable for me.

Hey we may need to get our clones from the Clone-Depot :) Or Home-de-pot :)

Wow a super store with over one hundred strains all under on roof and priced competitively!

I do read that Prop 63 stated we can keep what we grow. The Possession then is outside the home or where no grow is going on?

How do we define criminal activity.

My suggestion then is don't be transporting more than an ounce in a non-approved container in your car, don't be on the street with more than an ounce. I mean who needs to be walking around with a pound in there backpack?

I really don't see a problem with Prop 63. Sure this changes the Grow-Game but hey it is the price of legalization.

VOTE YES on 63 and do read the thing yourself.

13. OldSmokey

I've read it, twice. Kind of tedious. And it left me in a bad mood. Twice.

14. GreenThumb

15. GreenThumb

You know we can't be so daft that we throw away a chance to move the movement forward.

Sure it isn't Strawberries on your pancakes but it is legal weed in our pipes and it is a party if you relax and enjoy the pleasure! The Legalization Party!

To provide an analogue to the concept any love ( legalization ) is good lovin'

Think about it! First base has never felt so good! You all want a Home Run.. Peffffft!! Like she is going all the way on the first date!

16. GreenThumb

Lets get funky as well.. Come on stop being a stick in the ass!! Vote yes and party! Leo is tired and Leo is letting the simple Pot People out!!!

17. GreenThumb

Perhaps your response is :

18. GreenThumb

The most simplistic thing I can say is JOIN THE PARTY!

19. GreenThumb

Brothers and sisters are we not?

20. GreenThumb

There is no resolve or reward that will keep me here and yet I appeal to you to make a difference

I am older than any member currently active that I can distinguish

It is true I found a new Universe after GrowKind but I have come back to share a Sweet Future if we can all bow down and start here.

Sometimes we must relinquish our Pride.