Auto flowering

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Lvstickybud, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

A few months ago I was in some serious need to get something going. My clones were at a stand still. They weren't growing. They stayed the same size for a couple of months and I didn't know what to do so I searched around and I ended up looking at auto flower seeds. During my research some of them indicated that they would be done in 60-80 days from sprout. Just what I was looking for, something quick to get me by without the 2-3 months of vegging once sprouted. They lied big time. They may be a little quicker but not by much. I planted 4 first then 2 weeks later I planted 3 more, trying to stagger the finish. Well out of the first 4, 3 sprouted. After 5-6 weeks of vegging they started to show pre-flowers so under the 600 hps they went. Well 9 weeks after that 2 were ready for chopping, a Pink Lemonade and a Bubblegum. Both only produced about 1-1 1/2 oz, not a lot or what I expected. The Purple Lemonade was VERY tasty and the Bubblegum was just ok. The 3rd one was a Zkittles that just stopped at about week 3 and stayed like that till I chopped the other 2, (so it stayed at about week 3 for 5 weeks without changing!!!) then it started to take off. I like the way it turned out as far as looks and size go. The aroma isn't what I would expect from a Zkittles but we shall see when she's done drying and curing. I didn't take any pictures of the first 2 but I did of the Zkittles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A bud shot:
    [​IMG]
    3 getting ready:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A few trimmed:
    [​IMG]
    Close up:
    [​IMG]
    My clones that were "stagnant" took off and were only a week behind the first 2 and chopped 3 of them before this one was done. I have 2 more auto's going now, a Green Crack and Blue Cheese, are just finishing week 3 of flower. Over all I can say that the auto's, to me, are a waste of electricity. I will probably try the rest of them out side and see how they go. I figure I can start them inside and put them out the second week of June at about their 5th week and chop them by the middle of August.

blazerwill420 and OldSmokey like this.
  2. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Man, that looks great, just like the AK48 buds I used to grow. But I guess looks are deceiving. I was always leery about trying auto flower. Didn't quite understand how or why they worked the way they do. Kinda saw them as a marketing ploy.
    Be Cool, CG