average weight per plant

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Grown in Tx., Jun 16, 2015.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

so what's the average dried weight that y'all get from tables? I used to average 2 to 3oz per plant in buckets and tubs, since I switched to tables it's been 1 to 2oz, I've had the occasional 3oz but I've also had a couple 3/4oz.

Does anyone get the one gram per watt? Or the listed weight the producers advertise?

I know it depends on the strain and the ideal goal weight is a QP but......

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

gram per watt is the holy grail imho.

I've had a few runs that I've came close, but never achieved it.

I would say .75 grams per watt is a good run, .5 average, anything less you need to change something

also, my weight per plant dropped on tables compared to hempys but i have more plants per square foot and less work

3. DXE

DXE Moderator

As a reference - last white rhino harvest i pulled 3 zips per lady dry. These are grown in three gallon softpots under led

4. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well that's a weighted question.... Lol current setup I get on average about 1-1/2 to 2oz per plant. Though that's in 2 gal fabric bags and 2.2 gal air pots with coco rotating 16-24 plants through at different times. Cumulatively the led tent runs around 1.23-1.46 g/W .

5. DXE

DXE Moderator

How do you begin to calculate grams/watt for LED??

This numbers were based on glass bulbs......

I cant see how they could relate to an led grow.

6. Grown in Tx.

I was just curious, I'm gonna do another run in the tables, that will give me a couple of months to search through my old grow logs and make a decision on changing or not.

That's 3 replies 3 different methods and results.

Apparently the way you grow makes a BIG difference in the final product, I've tried 4 ways in 8 years and they all have their benefits and disadvantages.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Number of plants tended is an inverse yield per plant ratio for me. More plants, lower average. Less plants, higher average. Style stays the same...just numbers of plants.

8. skunky

Same way it relates to any lamp. Electrical consumption compared to harvested weight.

Watts from the wall same you'd do with hps or anything else when just going for rough gram per watts. I pull 665w for all lamps. Then I just use a simple rounded 8 week rotation. So say from 4-18 to 6-18 roughly to date I have harvested 882g. 882g dried bud/665w of LED= 1.321 g/W. Add about 50 W for the exhaust since I run it on mid or hell even add the full wattage @80w that means led flower tent total runs at 745W. That would still mean over the past 2 months would still be 1.185g/w. Now if you wanted really good data g/KWh taking into account total consumption over an entire grow period to gauge input versus output and true ROI. Though most growers still care more about how much they get on average per a given lamp/s wattage instead of crunching it down for return of investment.

9. skunky

Agreed. Why I don't run long veg times. Would rather rotate faster and more than fewer longer. Just my style. Lol

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Every garden has a groove. Just takes a few runs to find it.

:bong-2:

11. skunky

I wonder if that's how Stella got her groove back....? Hmmm.... Lol Being serious Though guess that applies to many areas of life if not all. Guess it's true. Life's a garden. Can you dig it? LOL

12. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, the weight per plant and the weight per sq ft issue is debatable. Some will veg longer and grow fewer bigger plants. And like Skunky, have a higher number and smaller plants but get more yield per sq ft and watt in a shorter growing period. Guess it depends on the number of plants at your disposal.

I personally like more plants, a little less per plant but more per sq ft.

But, back to GITs question, I would get well over 3 ozs per DWC bucket and

about 2 1/2 per plant in tables. But the tables produced more for the area.

And grams per watt production is not a big deal to me. It's lbs per $ of electricity used that matter more.

Good luck GIT!! Hope you have things running at peak here soon and don't get washed away with all the rain you've had.

Be Cool, CG

13. Grown in Tx.

Sounds like trading weight for space or space for weight, I don't have a space issue and I mainly use 400 hps open bulbs spread out over the plants. I think that's a big issue for me with the tables because I am still aiming for 3 foot plants that just don't do well in a table. I think big plants do better in dwc buckets or tubs with the roots hanging in the aerated nute solution. ime. Flowing smaller plants is something I need to work on in the tables.

14. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Man if you're using 400w lamps, you should be going for smaller plants. You're best bet is to flower at around 12 inches or lollipop them to the top 5ish nodes.

15. Grown in Tx.

JK I use that 600 I got from you over the table that has the more mature females with 400's spread out for supplemental, the more mature flower table has at least 1k total(2 bulbs) over it and at least 800 (2 bulbs as well) over the less mature table, of course when the mature table gets harvested the 600 goes over the other table.......now both tables are side by side so they both get light from each other as well.

I usually put 12 inch plants in flower, I reckon I need to go with 8 inches though to keep 'em a little shorter through flower.

So I reckon it's safe to say that 1/4lb plants do not come from a table.

16. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

From my 2x4 table I got just over pound of dried bud. That was with 8 plants flowered at 12 to 14 inches high.:redbong: