Big Bubble

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by friendlyfarmer, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

They look heavy. :thumbsup:

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

They really are. I could club me a baby seal with one :kidding:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Stout fuckers ain't they.

4. sallyskims

sallyskims Germinating

Great work. Thanks for sharing. I always pick up useful information when following a complete grow thread.

5. friendlyfarmer

Resin this strain is the shortest strain I have ever grown. They are in about 2 gallons of dirt and I defoliated 80% of the fans through veg and early flower. Don't know if that had an effect but I doubt it.

The buds are the classic cone shape, and a few of the phenos are really throwing out foxtails like crazy now. I'm beginning to flush Sunday. Plan to flush 2 weeks, then chop.

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

The fox tails are most likely from the Nirvana Big Bud male I used. I didn't see them on the Bubblelicious.

I'm really looking forward to your smoke report and which Pheno you like the best as far as scent goes.

Looking good man. :goodjob:

7. Mrgreengenes

:popcorn-2:

8. friendlyfarmer

Chopping today at 10 weeks. I'll take pics before/after.

I gave them a good honest 2 week flush, dumping 5 gallons through the pots each time. They smell amazing. Trichs are 50% cloudy 50% golden amber.

9. friendlyfarmer

Chop at 10 weeks

Due to scheduling quirks I am slowly getting these down. I am exactly halfway through. Trichs vary between 25% - 50% dark amber, with the rest totally white and opaque. The smell is pretty strong though definitely not as strong as other strains I've grown. The smell is a good mix of sweet honeysuckle and burnt sugar at first whiff, getting sharply dank and pungent as you get up close. Not too skunky. There were slight differences between the plants but they were way more similar than they were different.

The buds are bona fide chunk. Hard and thick with some reasonable foxtailing, and trimming the tops is easy. Coming out of a trim machine, they will be golf ball sized and hard. I'm hand trimming these tho.

Big Bubble #5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Bubble #6 (have Mom of this)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An hour and three beers and a pile of kief and some scissor hash later...:LOL:

[​IMG]

Big Bubble #8 (have a mom of this too)

[​IMG]

10. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

looking good and chunky !

nice work:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

BBT

11. friendlyfarmer

Thank you sir! They are hard and chunky. And short! Hopefully I can finish up tonight.

I am also getting a hint of sweet bubblegum smell after hanging a day. It smells almost like perfume.

12. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

It's probably the smell of those empty Black & Tan bottles.:kidding:. Man I used to drink a shit load of that stuff. Great beer when good and cold, so I'd suck them down pretty quick to make sure they didn't get warm.

Oh, and some good looking buds too!!!

Be Cool, CG

13. Mrgreengenes

Let me know if you got a bubble gum Pheno. They look great otherwise. Great job dude. :goodjob:

14. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Sweet looking nuggets.... Great job buddy

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

we likey fat bottom girls. Nice FF.

[YOUTUBE]74OhuK429Cw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  16. friendlyfarmer

Couple of quick things. First, those aren't nanners all over that trimmed bud in the third pic. There were lots of little curled up leaves whose tips had gone yellow, and the light was catching them. Also, I finished up trimming tonight but left my phone downstairs so I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

My mom is staying with me which is jamming me up big time. I have noisy work I need to do and she never leaves! :danger:

17. friendlyfarmer

Some highlights: Big Bubble #6 is the frostiest and produced the most scissor hash. Big Bubble #3 (which sadly didn't clone) produced the biggest buds, and I can honestly say that it produced the biggest top I've ever grown. I tried to capture it but my camera/photoskills leave a bit to be desired. While Big Bubble #2 was smallest, the buds were still hard and frosty, and I think the height may have been a delayed rooting issue or something, and I do have a cut.

A note about taking cuts for clones into the flower phase: I took cuts about week 2 or 3 and the cuts were buds, and they took a really long time to root, and then only 3 out of a lot took. Then they took forever to begin growing, because the plant has to actually convert the budding growth into new growth.

Anyway, my conclusion is that it gets harder to root cuts the later into flower you take them.

I'll do a table of each of the three phenos I saved, and figure out how to get them 9 week into flower without looking like they've been thru a nuclear bombing. :LOL:

The pic next to the lighter was a Big Bubble #2 top, and not the biggest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Excellente! Hows about a bud and a Black and Tan for your pal Psycho D?!! haa.

19. friendlyfarmer

Dude I wish we were neighbors :thumbsup:

20. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Are those hand trimmed?