Bone Meal in soil mix. Is it practical?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Local420, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Local420

Local420 BushWhacker

I have always added bone meal to my soil mix but lately have been contemplating the practicality of it in a short term container grow. I have been reading up on Bone Meal and I am seeing that it takes several months for it to be broken down and made available to the plant for uptake. This leaves me feeling that it is an unnecessary addition to my soil mix for plants that will only be alive for 120 days or so.

I would love to hear some input from some of you on this.

2. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

We used to use bone AND blood meal and did not see the benefit so we stopped, plus inhaling those product can cause health issue's.

rangers420 likes this.
  3. Local420

Local420 BushWhacker

Yeah, considering it takes 6 months to become available it isn't even worth the money or effort to me...

4. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

Powdered Humic Acid added to your soil mix helps along with microbial life which decompose/break it down into humus, organic acids are released, which all aide in breaking it down faster. Great product is MAYAN MICROZYME.:potleaf-3:

MAYAN-MICROZYME.jpg

/monthly_2010_02/MAYAN-MICROZYME.jpg.5c66ccf0c13d1621ea595f496f557869.jpg

5. rangers420

rangers420 The past cannot be cured

the bone meal and fish and blood meal are great for organic been using for years . Your right it takes a while to digeste, however if you do your mix and use it as a tea then you can get better results. It also wont be flushed out when you flush your plants if you add it to the soil then plunk them in it.

Make a tea and let it come of age then use it in any way you like.

its great value for money, quite the opposite of what the other grower remarked on, value for money. you can even make your own for free.

but then that is a whole nother kettle of fish.:passsit:

The Tron likes this.