Boron

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by nippie, Sep 23, 2014.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Anyone have any clue what would cause this or if I should even treat?

I'll get a pic up tomorrow morning but I think it's boron, could be calmag but I totally doubt it....Ive seen calmag many times and was using 5 mls up until last ressy change and went to 4mls per gal

Anyways, only top leaves effected...and just like 3 leaves on the entire table. Seen a small sign two days again, today if progressed on the same leaves.

Overall I'm worried about treating, everything is just going so well with the table.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

:roffl::roffl:boron?

fucking boron? :roffl::roffl:

you gotta be high as shit right now, gotta be:roffl:

3. nippie

I am...fucking rust man. But not spot shit like calmag.

Leave looks healthy but rusty....and like three leaves wtf

Looked at sick plant and its all I could come up with

4. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Boron, "B" #5 on the periodic table.

Yeah Nip the pics I looked at matched what you described. I personally can't say that's what it is but a place to start. And wouldn't totally rule it out. Good luck figuring it out!!

Be Cool, CG

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

If it starts at the top no matter what it's a toxicity. Whether that's just imbalance or because of pH.

6. nippie

Looks different today, but here's a shot. Yesterday leaf looked perfectly healthy but wrong color like rust is the only way I can describ

[​IMG]

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Weird. Everything else looks good. One plant? Or is it one leaf on several plans? If it were soil I'd be looking for a salt build up. Can't tell ya about hydro.

8. nippie

It's three different leaves on three different plants (one each), no rhyme or reason.

I don't want to treat for anything because they look good, seriously they are perfect looking plants at the moment.

I've already had to pull roots out of the return but this is middle of the table, but not light bleach or anything like that.

It's progressed over a day though, actually over several but today the leaf (the pic above) is something I would snip off, yesterday it was just a weird color (in the spots that now look dead) but still healthy

You can check out the table in the hortilux grow, when you see the table you;ll understand why I don't want to change things....healthy you know.

Maybe CC can chime in as I was high as hell when I posted, getting their now and see if he's had this before.

But foliar feed micro nutes maybe?? OR just leave it go

9. ResinRubber

Dunno, but Skunky has a point about toxicity and how it shows. I'm leaning that way too since it's a widely separated occurrence on otherwise healthy plants. That why Sa build up came to mind.

10. nippie

of what though? I don't think my ppms are too high, my tips aren't showing signs

You think I need to flush? because I would shit myself because I just made this batch :roffl:

11. ResinRubber

Again, dunno. Hydro and all ain't my bag. Use (if he's around), Skunky or CC would be a better ask. Pretty much anybody would be a better ask. :rofl:

12. nippie

:roffl:

before I leave this shitty world I'm watching a RR table grow, you say no now...wait til your back tells you how good it feels, how you can set your timers and walk away for a few days

13. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

I wouldn't foilar feed anything just yet. Are you able to read EC in your solution? Could they have been burned by the bulb? Is it hot at the canopy?

14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Cmon Res you can do it!

15. skunky

PPM, TDS, and EC are general measurements that honestly are only reliable when the nutes are first mixed. That is the only time you know the ratios for each nutrient. Monitoring is just an attempt to prevent it from getting too out of wack. But your concentration levels could look fine but things still be out of balance. You don't know the assimilation rate of each nutrient into the plant telling you what's removed from the res solution and what remains. That's all guess work. And by the looks and sounds of it sounds like time for a res change if it were me.

16. nippie

I just changed it, I think it may have started the day prior to ressy change.

No new issues, and I snipped off the effected leaves.

I guess I'll watch them again for any new signs and change if I notice something

What the hell do you think it is?

17. skunky

Mg lockout from either pH flux, or too much Cl, Ca, or N or any combination of those. Cl and Ca can be a problem if using tap typically. Or if you happen to use softened water that can happen if using a sodium chloride generated softener which is the most common since potassium chloride is hard to find and expensive.