Bubble Hash Tutorial

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by SecretGrower420, Jul 6, 2009.

1. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

USELESS WTF i have been smokin pot for a long time and have never heard of such a beast. That sounds crazy.

Secretg nice thread i have been thinking about getting that same kit it's like 175 bucks i'ma see if chris wants to go in on a kit. Thanks for the pics of the final product...DSP

2. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Yea I first saw it like 4-5 years ago SCS. Someone did a post on it somewhere. I think maybe ICMag, but they called it a "Mendo Cigar". Try searching for that and you can see what I am talking about. I bet you'll be making bubble tonight to try it. ROFL. Quality is what matters that and texture. Hard press bubble that breaks apart wont work. Has to be pliable, almost like a thick toffee consistency (best way I can describe it.)

Another good one is what I call The Budding Rose.

Take some bubble and make it into the shape of a thimble. When you press it by hand it gets little tips that almost look like petals. Then fill the rose with BHO and put it in your bong or hash pipe and burn away. I can't finish a whole rose by myself, and I smoke a lot.

A blunt wrap full of bubble (no weed) is fun too.

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Useless you are crazy my friend any one of those would kill me.-Bud:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

No shit Bud. My eyes are red just thinking about it.

Use- Can't seem to get my head around a hash paper joint. Doesn't the melt go faster than the MJ burn? Doesn't really matter, I'm too much of a lightweight anyway.

cheers,

5. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Why a different bucket? And are you saying skip the half hour wait? I'll try not letting it settle but I'm not sure if that's going to decrease my yield or not.

6. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Actually no, we made some papers with some iso that we played with and made pliable. Just kind of press and and squish it like you are neading it or something. I was really surprised it burned way more even and slow. Man would be awesome to have nothing but hash papers.

Here is a pic I found online of someones hash blunt

[​IMG]

7. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

JEEE zus you would find me on the floor smoke alarm going off in the funk boy. That's rowdy i wanna try it. Maybe soon maybe i wait till 2010 cannabis cup. I could prolly find a local to help me get something like that going. What would ya call that in Dutch? DSP

8. ResinRubber

Ya know I gotta make one and smoke it now don'tcha? Then I'll do sumthin stupid like singing karoake naked at the local bar. It'll all be YOUR fault.

So how thick do you roll the hash? Seran Wrap, a heating pad and a rolliing pin would work to flatten the iso.

9. Useless

Res, about 1 mm thick. If you look at the picture, you can see the edge for a visual. Thats about how thick I roll mine. They do burn niiiiiice and slow. Best in colder wether or at night, as warm weather makes em soft and they can come apart. You can make em thicker to withstand higher "operating temeratures" rofl. I use an exacto blade handle to flatten it out. Heat is your friend for the hash when working it, and cold is your friend with the instruments so it doesnt stick too much. Just play with the hash, you'll get it.

Its easieser to make a tube and then stuff it full of ganja, instead of trying to actually roll with it.

As far as mixing it in a single bucket, it speeds up the processing. I am by far from a bubble hash expert, I am a BHO and QWISO man. Nothing beats good BHO. But my good friend is all about the bubble, and that is what he tells me to do. And his bubble is some of the best I have ever seen. So I gotta take his word. When he gives me golf balls of it I use it for hash papers and make budding roses with it.

I am going to be running some batches of bubble in a few days. I got a proper mixer for my drill a few weeks ago, but havent gotten around to trying it yet. I'll try one batch each, your way and his, and compare the results. See if there is a diff. in the end product. I am also going to do the red iso test myself to confirm everyone else's results, even though it certainly isnt necesarry. I say confirmed, but what the hell I have a ton of trim atm. Then some earwax (first attempt) and budder hash (my absolute favorite). Gonna be a hash making fool next week. :rofl:

10. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

That shit is nuts!! I would have never thought to make a wrap out of it. I'm too busy being the retard who cut his hash up and sprinkled it into a blunt.....only to look down at the little pieces that fell out burning through my shirt and couch:icon_confused: That is definitely something to try for special occasions. I'm sitting here stoned up gigglin over how ridiculous that would be:rofl:

11. Useless

OK a note on the mixing.

My bro told me he uses smaller bags. So he mixes in a seperate 5 gallon bucket for bigger batches. He dumps the work bucket through the screens and the syphon effect means he doesnt have to let it settle. He said this seems to help with less green in the product. If you are going to let it settle, keep adding ice to keep it super cold.

Also said dry, frozen trim is better than wet frozen trim.

Hope that clears things up. Gonna start a batch in about 45 mins. Will let you know how it comes out.

12. SecretGrower420

Well, all four bags go in the 5 gal, from least fine at the top, to most fine at the bottom. I guess that's what you meant by other bucket.

Also, the first times we made the hash the trim was wet because it was fresh, then frozen. The last time we made it, it was dry then frozen, and we got much more from the first times we ever made it.

My only guess on that is, the dry trim we recently got was handled by two or three people before I got it, so the trichs probably got mushed.

13. Useless

Yea SG. Basically the difference is that my friend uses 3 gallon bags, in a 5 gallon bucket. So he mixes in a seerate bucket, and pours through the screens. So he doesnt have to let it settle. Therefore my statement about a different bucket is inconsequential. It doesnt apply here. If using 5 gallon bags in 5 gallon buckets, no need to mix seperately, you have to let it settle, and just add in ice as it settles to keep it super cold.

I know yo mentioned frozen trim, but not sure if you said to use wet or dry. Dry is better according to my bro.

Not trying to jack your thread or anything, you did a great job. Just trying add additional info. But like I said, I am far from a bubble expert, so might be best if I just shut my pie-hole till I get some more runs under my belt. LOL

14. SecretGrower420

I appreciate the input useless. I have only made about 10 batches of the stuff myself, but I will definitely try adding more ice as it settles. We do add a ton of ice while mixing and there is ice while it settles but I'll try adding more.

15. sohel001

sohel001 Guest

Re:Bubble Hash Tutorial

Bubblebag.com : Instructions

There is no great mystery to the production of FULL MELT plant essences.

The Basic Concepts:

The process involves separating the gland heads (crystals) from your bulk plant matter. The quality of the essences is the same whether it's made from actual flowers or just leaves.

This separation is done by submerging the trim in ice water and agitating it for 15 to 30 minutes. This water is then filtered through the bags.

This separation occurs because of the temperature-- the ice is very important!

The amount of plant essences you get in return depends on the amount of resin on your starting material. It does not matter if you use dry material- fresh works just as well. Sometimes starting with dry material will give a higher yield but the product is not as pure.

Be sure to freeze your starting material before use!

Quick Instructions

Items needed: two buckets (5-gallon for the standard size bags), electric whisk or powerdrill with paint-mixer attachment, ice & water.

Place your trim leaf into a bucket. 5-gallon is appropriate for the standard sized bags. Use 50 to 150 grams of dry trim or up to 300 grams of wet trim.

Fill the bucket to a few inches from the top with cold water.

Add in one bag of ice cubes or a few trays from your freezer.

Agitate for 15 to 30 minutes with an electric whisk or a power drill with a paint mixing attachment.

Let the bucket settle for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Let it settle in a cold place if possible (back in the freezer).

Put the 220u bag inside of your second bucket.

Pour the green water that you agigated into the 220u bag.

Lift out the 220u bag and squeeze the water into the second bucket it was in.

Set aside the 220u bag with the green matter and keep it for a second rinse.

Arrange the other Bubblebags inside of the now empty bucket. Put the smallest bag in the bucket first, then place the larger number bags inside of that one. With the 6-bag kit you would put in: 25 then 73 then 160 then 190, all inside of one another with the 25 on the bottom. If you have the smaller kit, simply place the 25 bag on the bottom of the second bucket and the 73 bag inside of that.

Pour the green water into the arranged filter bags.

Lift out each bag in succession. The 73u and 25u bags will take a while to drain-- this is where the plant essence (resin glands) is actually filtered from the rest of the material.

Squeeze out the excess water from the 73u and 25u bags.

The result will be a beige sludge at the bottom of the bags. Remove the sludge with a credit card or spoon to a plastic shopping bag.

Gently blot the sludge with a paper towel to remove the excess moisture.

Let your flat slab of plant essences (resin glands) dry like this for a minimum of 12 hours.

Be sure to re-rinse the material from the 220u bag for your second return!

----------------------

16. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Hey guys! Alright well I saved the trimmings from the last batch of Gumby hash, which is like bubblehash without the bubble bags you just siphon off the majority of water then dry. Well i took those trimmings and made did an ISO wash. I don't have enough bud to spare or any more trim left to make some bubblehash and try this.

Point being, you may not want to throw away the trim from your work bag. You could potentially make some QWISO with that. Here is what I made from my left over gumby trimmings.

[​IMG]

YUM!:animbong:

[​IMG]

17. SecretGrower420

Nice, that stuff looks great.

18. SecretGrower420

Hey Useless, I tried mixing for a half hour, and not letting it settle, and man what a difference. No more green, although that shit was still good, but it was hard as a rock too. I also tried re-pouring the water through the finest bag again, and got some extra stuff. The first batch was very sticky and brown (I could mold the piece of hash into a paper if I wanted to), the second batch was yellow and also very sticky. Both were amazing and also had the appearance of good bubble hash (instead of a hard green rock).

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

20. ResinRubber

You guys are making wish it was the weekend again.