BubbleHash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Chaz, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

Hey guys! I just ordered a 5 stage bubble hash bag kit off of Amazon for like 40$. Seemed like a great deal seeing as other were selling for like $100. I really don't think 3 more bags would make that much of a difference. I've watched a few vids on youtube on how to use the bags, but I see some using dry ice and others use ice cubes and a blender. Which do you prefer and why? What is the best way to use these bags? Should I use all of my trimmings at once? Or should I break it down? Ex. Shade leaves, small bud leaves, stems, or what? :passsit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00550EIDA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

2. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

I only use the three bag system. I use the ice with a drill and paint mixer. Only use your trim off the buds or strait bud if you want good hash.

t6

3. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Read Rasganja's tutorial to get yourself started. Then, you can change your technique little by little as you learn by doing.

:passsit:

4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Chaz, I combined both methods on my last bubble run. In a 5 gallon bucket I placed my bud/trim along with a fist sized chunk of dry ice. I let that sit for about 5 minutes or until frost forms on the outside of the bucket. Once that happens your trim will be pretty much frozen, and it's time to shake shake shake your booty err bucket. I like to shake the bucket until the dry ice is just about gone.

REMOVE the any left over dry ice before the next step.if you don't you'll end up with carbinated / foamy water. trust me you don't want that because the foam will suspend the trichomes.

Next I pour a few gallons of water in the bucket & hit with a paint mixer for a quick 5 minute stir. Let that sit for a few while you get your second bucket loaded up with however many bags you decide to use. Just make sure the works bag is on top & the finest bag is on the bottom. After I dump the contents into the bags rinse out the bucket again with fresh water, dumping that in to the bags as well. I like to end up with abour 3-4 gallons in the bucket with the bags.

Repeat this for at least 3 runs or until you stop seeing a return for your efforts. BTW I only use the dry ice for the first run, once the trim is wet it's too late to add dry ice the to mix.

I've only make hash twice, once with ice water and once with dry ice/ water. Both methods worked well but with the dry ice all it took was two runs to get all that's worth getting. The third run produced almost nothing.

Everyone has their own prefered method, that's mine.

cheers

Duc

5. ducrider

Chaz, I probably have the same set of bags you just bought & found that 3 bags are enough too.

6. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

Thanks bud. Your great you know that. Thanks for all your help. I'ma give that method a try. Do you use only 3 bags?

7. ducrider

Thanks man but I'm really just one step or two above a newb myself, hardly an expert. I have made good hash tho so I guess I know that much..

For you're first run I'd use all the bags just so you get an idea of what you're dealing with. I think most use the 220 works bag along with the 75 & 25 micron bags. Some folks skip the 25 too, it's really up to the individual to decide.

cheers

Duc