Can weed aid in dehydration?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by ClayStreet, Jun 13, 2003.

1. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

well, my subject pretty much states it all..

But just wondering if you don't get enough water in your system can weed lead to dehydrating yourself.. I don't think it would be immediate, I mean like gradually?

**** I'm stoned.. :roflmao:

2. elcajon555

elcajon555 A Fat Sticky Bud

Not sure about that, but I do get a very dry mouth when I smoke and the next morning after I had been smoking I have virtually no spit. So I would assume that you do lose some water due to the weed

3. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

not getting enough water can surely dehydrate you. and smoking probably makes the situation worse since it seems to suck the moisture out of your tissues.

you might want to try eyedrops, clay, to help with the moisture in your eyes. that helps me.

4. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

I always have a problem with eyedrops.. every time I go to drop I close my eyes.. [​IMG]

5. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

if you are talking about cotton mouth i have a personal observation. it seems to me that if weed is not cured fully,not cured at all, or cured improperly you will deffinantly get cotton mouth. i have taken some of mine to sample before it was fully cured and got bad cotton mouth. Then after full curing there was very little if any cotton mouth. I believe it had more to do with chemical composition rather than dehydration. i personally don't think just smoking will cause dehydration.

6. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

cool. I should probably drink more water anyway

7. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

yes, clay, you probably DO need to drink more water. especially in the humid area where you live. drink up!! and hold your eye open with one hand as you put the eye drops in with the other hand.

p.s. i am convinced that by not drinking enough water, i caused my medical condition to get as bad as it did.

8. Mrs B

Mrs B Guest

I think it may also depend somewhat on the strain. Cali O made my mouth water instead of drying it out.

9. elcajon555

Hey clay it also helps when putting in eyedrops if you just put it in the corner of the eye then close your eyes and then the drop should travel around the rest of the eye.

10. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

cool ElCajon thanks..

I was considering buying a 100 visine drops and emptying them into a large bowl and dunk my head into it.

this saves me lots of time! :spin:

11. elcajon555

12. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Try also keeping small pieces of candy with you to pop in when you get cotton mouth....it helps...I dig the jolly rancher deal.....But George Killians works the best for cotton mouth.....but doesn't do much for dehydration.

13. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

cool, great idea. Would really help for that strange shwag weed ya get sometimes that has a horrid aftertaste.

14. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Whenever I think of eyedrops I can only picture that scene from A Clockwork Orange. Got any Beethoven?

15. elcajon555

Speaking of jolly rangers, my friend another use for them, he puts them in his gin and tonic. Anyway I know that is off the subject but I couldn't help it because of the jolly rangers lol.

16. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

I love that movie. I just watched the DVD the other day. I always fall asleep somewhere in the middle tho, right after he gets out of rehab.

My favorite part is the beginning, where they are the street gang. That kicks ass. "singing in the rain, I'm singin in the rain.."

17. kushman

kushman Developed Alternating Nodes

Hey hey hang on a minute, do eye drops get rid of red eye ?

18. adfaFd

adfaFd Begun Flowering

yeah, eye drops work perfectly. personally i prefer clear-eyes to visine but they both work

19. cfh1369

cfh1369 Germinated

i went to ozzfest 2 years ago and me and a couple buddies smoked and we were messed up. we were standin there and then my friends says somtin about needin somtin to drink but i couldnt understand him. like he mumbled when he said it. and then as we walk over to the tent to get some water he starts to wabble around. then i sit him down on the table and his lips were white and he wasnt responding to me. luckily i was in boys scouts for 8 years so i knew what to do. like half an hour later he was ok. same thing happended to my other friend ,but not as bad. i told my mom what happened and she said he had a slight heat stroke. im guessing it was cause we all smoked. scared the **** out of me. thats why i dont smoke at concerts anymore.