Cannabutter

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by snickelfritz, Nov 25, 2006.

1. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

I'm using margarine and wet trim. lol @ how this is going to turn out...

2. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Yes

3. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

Is it supposed to be green when finished because mine isn't all that green. More of a yellowish, brownish, greenish

4. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

cannabutter

1 oz of bud trim = 1/8 of bud and 1 pound of unsalted butter melt and clairify butter .take weed chop to 1/8 inch piecesand ad to butter heat to simmer then cool simmer 2 more times (the two extra times realy increases potentcy) strain through cheezecloth or fine screen kitchen strainer seperate in 1/2 cup containers..AND MAKE YOUR FAVORITE COOCKIE OR BROWNIES OR ANYTHING THAT NEEDS OIL OR BUTTER OR SHORTNING :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. mt.king

cannabutter

1 oz of bud trim = 1/8 of bud and 1 pound of unsalted butter melt and clairify butter .take weed chop to 1/8 inch piecesand ad to butter heat to simmer then cool simmer 2 more times (the two extra times realy increases potentcy) strain through cheezecloth or fine screen kitchen strainer seperate in 1/2 cup containers..AND MAKE YOUR FAVORITE COOCKIE OR BROWNIES OR ANYTHING THAT NEEDS OIL OR BUTTER OR SHORTNING :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

6. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

ya its fine cjb... now enjoy!

Peace

-LM

7. mt.king

greenies

thats why we call them greenies instead of brownies or coockies ....

the oatmeal cookie recipie inside the quaker oats is the shit without the raisins

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Yes, that would be the butter (yellow), bad plant material (brown), and good plant material (green). Sorry, there's no brown font color :smile:

9. Mr. Gardener

Mr. Gardener Full Flowering

I had 4 males to dispose of so Mrs. Gardener trimmed off the leaves and let them dry in a paper bag for about a week. Then she got 1 lb. of unsalted butter (real butter). Then she put the 4 sticks of butter in the crock pot (no water) and crumbled up the leaves and added them into it. Left it on low for about an hour. She thought it might have been a bit too high so she turned it to warm for about 2 hours. Then she then thought it might be too low so she turned it back up to low for about an hour.

Then I helped her strain it through some cheese cloth. It was HOT! Then we stored it in the fridge. It's been there for two days now. It is quite green. Kind of a dark hunter green. We'll be making a batch of rice crispy treats with it pretty soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

Note: I just now became aware of the Snicklefritz method. It's supposed to be the best method so next time I'll try it that way.

10. Mr. Gardener

Mr. Gardener Full Flowering

HHHG, I just finished reading your Resultz thread. Getting that fucked up off of TWO cookies is wild! I had a strange experience once myself. It was about 3 years ago now. Mrs. Gardener had made a batch of mj brownies (not with cannabutter). She used a coffee grinder to grind up... I can't remember how much, an eighth oz. or a quarter. Anyway, I came home hungry and ate up about a third of the pan of brownies.

After about 30-45 minutes it hit me. I was fucked up. A few minutes later I began to hallucinate. I'll admit, I was acting pretty fucking cooky. I have read in books that marijuana was a halluncinogen but I never really believed it until then. Now I know that under the right circumstances it can become a hallucinogen.

Anyone who is attempting to make themselves some cannabutter better be cautious when they start chowing down on their goodies. Remember that it takes the high a while longer to activate when you eat it vs. smoking it.

11. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Hey Mr Gardner!

I was just reading about how you ate all those mj brownies and then "popped your top" so to speak! lol... nice.

My boyfriend ate 2 of my brownies a couple weeks ago, and it didn't hit him for over an hour! And when it did, WHOA! He was ROCKED! it was HILARIOUS! he came upstairs for dinner and immediately had to lay on the sofa, as he felt like he might black out! Hahaha... that's what happens when you aren't patient and you eat that second, or third, brownie!

So i second the advice- when EATING mj goodies, make sure you give ample time for it to hit ya! Be patient!

Oh and BTW, Snick's way of making the butter is the best, in my opinion!

Peace

-LM

12. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Making some now using a small amount of bud leaf trim and bunch of leaves. 77grams total with 1 stick of veg oil. I threw the material in to my blender and it's very very fine. She's simmering now with a lid on and will for the next 4 hrs.

Gonna make rice crispie treats!

Off to the store....

13. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Thought I'd give this thread a nice little bump with some Christmas preperations..I doubled Snick's recipe and tossed in all my trim from the last harvest. Boiled for two hours and strained. Came out almost lime green and the water was almost black.. Looks less green in the picture..I scraped some funk off the bottom too..Here's some pics. Enjoy.

P.S. Thanks, Link!! Made it very easy to seperate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

thanks for this write up and all the additional tips. I used 1.5OZ of BUD and made 1 cup of butter which netted me 52 cookies. I gifted them by the 1/2dozen to my freinds and have ate quite a few myself they work wonders!.

:passit:

15. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Here is my addition to a *sweet* thread (pun intended). I used about 3 cups of trim 3 cups water and 3 sticks of butter. I boiled it for 2 hrs 20 minutes exactly. The trick seems to be boiling it for a nice long time let the plant matter and water boil away to sludge like literally.

Here it all is together on the stove about 20 mins in.

[​IMG]

Here is it just poured into the koolaid pitcher and put in the freezer.

[​IMG]

Then about an hour later the finished product. I used Link's advice to pour the water out from under the butter before it all freezes.

[​IMG]

These are oatmeal raisin cookies with some simple non canna'd butter icing. The icing helps the heavy flavor. Thanks Auggie for making the cookies and icing!

[​IMG]

Thanks again to all those that put some thought and effort in and made it so easy to feel funky. Ps I eat about 4 cookies at a time it has me loopy for an hour or 2 then i feel real warm and sleepy. Auggie ate 4 cookies and got dizzy then threw up about 20 mins later so be careful start with one or 2 and work your way up lol...DSP

16. mafeeker

mafeeker Engineering Monsters

Yeah, very good recipe. This is the most popular way to make marijuana laced treats, particularly when baking. I really like this method for growers using trim to make cannabutter. My suggestion is to put hot water and butter in a crock pot on medium to medium-high, add thoroughly dried and crushed trim and popcorn buds and make sure they are well saturated. Then, you can leave it just covered all day while you go to work or whatever, and strain after at least 2 hours. I also must insist that you SQUEEZE THE SHIT OUT OF THE VEGETABLE MATTER once you strain it. I suggest cheese cloth, trust me, not squeezing enough will hurt your potency a lot:icon_confused:. I also feel its easier to place your water/butter mixture in a large bowl in the fridge for a few hours, as the butter will harden but the water won't freeze, and then you can just pull the slab of cannabutter off. Store in freezer, and try some on toast in the morning:fly: Have fun, weedeaters!!:thumbsup:

17. So me and a friend made a batch of pretty strong butter following this method. I had a brownie that was MAYBE 2''x3''. I was DESTROYED. It was like nothing I had ever had, I felt like a puddle. We gave a friend a little bigger one 3.5''x3.5'' (hes a HEAVY smoker, probably an 1/8th a day) and he damn near passed out after it and a few beers.

That being said...it will probably be a while before i have any more brownies haha

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

yahoo!! Another foodie. First time eating cannabis?

19. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Hahaha! Sounds just like what happened to my fiance! He's a pretty heavy smoker, as am i, and he was ready to fall out! Too funny!

Keep the yummy cannabutter success stories comin!

Peace

-LM

20. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Ive skimmed through this thread several times now. You folks have me convinced, Ive got to make some butter after I harvest my plants! Im sure its answered in here but figured I might as well just ask. When you say 1 or 2 cups of trim/buds is that what you have already finely ground up in the blender?