CES Testing

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by nippie, Jan 7, 2016.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Testing of Cutting Edge Solutions Nute Line.

These plants were just transplanted from 2 qt containers to 5 gallon containers. They are about 20 days into flower already and grossly needed to be transplanted. These are under LED

Both Jackberry from same mom.

Up until now both have had the same exact nutes through veg and beginning of flower. There is a large size difference already but I am not looking for height etc, the main purpose of this testing will be looking for any deficiencies of cutting edge and overall bud look taste at the end

veg was useless formula week 3 (12-6-3) with 5 mls of cal mag (with RO)

Flower was Lucas (0-8-16) with 1 tsp of epsom per 5 gallons with Tap Water

Flowering for Gen Hydro will continue at the base nute rate of 0-8-16 with liquid Koolbloom being added 4 mls per gallon until I make the switch to dry kool at about 5. week mark

Flowering for CES will be Cutting Edge nutes at 0-5-10 with 10 mls of uncle johns, 10 mls of amp, 2 mls of mag with RO

In the CES formulations amp and Mag make up their cal mag solution thus using 6 parts (only 5 during flower).

I mixed the nutes without adding amp in RO. PH was tits on perfect at 5.8. After adding the Amp, the PH went down to 4.7. I was informed this is perfectly fine as it's a false reading and will return to 5.8 as soon as the aid is absorbed which should be in 2-12 hrs with the plant feeding.

[​IMG]

More testing is to come, I will be devoting 1 k to testing for side by side runs of the same but starting at week 1 of flower and also comparing veg formula as well starting next week

2. nippie

So far no real complaints, I think the ces plant is a lighter green, not yellowing, but more lime like than gh. It's only been a few feeds so its hard to tell if it's nutes or transplant. Honestly don't know if it's good or bad, it doesn't look bad atm, just different.

I'll grab soon pix in morning, but not much of a change

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  3. nippie

6 days in and no bad results so far. The budding seems more aggressive on the GH vs CES. I think this is more because of the koolbloom with GH vs CES being ran without boaster.

Prob will add 2-3 mls of liquid koolbloom to next feed. Next watering though will be plain water..ces to be given RO with 2 mls of mag amp to keep EC right in the plant per conversation with CES

[​IMG]

4. nippie

[​IMG]

quick side by side. this is from a few days ago. Some slight burning on the CES but not due to nutes, it's due to someone now following directions

5. nippie

EDIT OUT BEFORE SWITCHING

here's a pic of er from 1/13 so basically a week ago and under a month into flower. only point of this is showing the color for you guys in admin to see if anyone is interested

[​IMG]

6. nippie

Here's todays update....all is going well

I will start adding bloom boasters to the CES feeds as you can tell a difference.

This is GH with boasters etc, my usual formula...pay no attention to SD on the right, slacking and shes coming down tonight...my personal headstash so a nice long flush

[​IMG]

CES by it's lonesome (no boaster no additives )...also a smaller plant starting out

[​IMG]

Just switched them over to hps, let's see how ces likes it

7. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Nice solid buds too aren't they and if I remember correctly that nice purple color sticks around after curing..

8. nippie

solid for sure, color seems more pronounced after cure

but this is more pink than last grow with her, but not as purple/pink as the first run...the first time (years ago) she was solid pink...this not so much. Last grow with this ones mom, she was more green than pink, but not seems more pink than green. I don't know how that can change unless it's the lighting.

Last one was strictly under led, this started under led then went under MH for a couple of weeks and really changed colors...don't know why or how, but it did. It's under HPS as of today so we shall see.

I'm thinking I can mail her once weather changes. this storm is goign to screw up mail for a few weeks

9. nippie

Finally adding weight, using MOAB 1/4 strength base nutes at full.

No issues at all with CES, the switch is official at this point, anyone want a few gallons of GH lol

[​IMG]

10. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Nice color in the bud. I'll smoke that. :good job:

11. nippie

I'll get a couple more pix up tomorrow or next coming days.

Can't say I'm going back to general hydro once I find something I like to replace Kool bloom. As far as base nutes, I like cutting edge. Maybe a slightly lower yield in general but I think it's a solid foundation.

By far biggest concern was there calcium supplement. Lowers the ph a lot!! Like scary a lot, but it works as advertised.

Any suggestions for Kool bloom replacer

12. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

do u really think using all those additives helps? ever do a comparasin with just good ole 3 part alone by itself?

13. nippie

Additives from who?

Ces is basically 5 part because it's cal mag is a 2 part not a single. But in flower you are not using their grow

As far as Kool bloom, yea I think it works. I've ran side by sides a few times with that and you can see a change. That being said, ces says it's not needed because while it may cause swelling it doesn't putting on actual weight because you're adding water weight that goes away after cure vs actual plant mass....so who knows.

But cal mag is part of my normal formula so I'll always run that. It's better to to do that thanow run into an issue that you have to fix

14. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

If you want something to replace kool bloom look into either Moab, mother of all blooms. Or canna boost.

15. skunky

Wait though now I see you mention Moab in that one post. Just use that and toss the kool bloom in the trash. LOL

16. nippie

I did toss the dry Kool bloom and replaced it with moab but liquid and dry Kool bloom is not the same, they do two totally different things. One bulks the other ripens so to speak. Use liquid Kool weeks 3 Thru when you'd hit a boaster then use dry.

Basically liquid 3-5/6 dry 5/6-7 or 8 depending on strain

17. skunky

Nice. Sounds similar to using moab with hammerhead.

18. nippie

Yes. I never tried hammerhead but I've read about it before and seen it used like that. Same as shooting star I think it's called.

But I may test not using it at all. Since ces states it doesn't add actual mass just swelling from water weight I think you could test this by having a couple control pants using liquid Kool bloom and a couple not. Then weighing wet vs dry weight and seeing actual water weight lost through drying and comparing.

If a liquid Kool plants lose substantially more water weight during drying, then it's prob not needed. But Ive seen the swelling vs not using it.