Does This sound good?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by ShadowWarrior, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

^^ Thanks for the pics and morale boost CanadianDAN. What strain was that?

I really am hoping for a late-season bloom explosion. I'm going to give full-strength tiger bloom tomorrow, and maybe start a touch of Big Bloom, but not sure.

Going out tomorrow to feed/water and get pics. I'm going to set up a trail cam too, just for kicks. Probably won't get anything even if someone does come around unless they hold still since it has a 5-second delay. BUT it's got infrared flash so it works 24/7 and won't alert an intruder to it's presence. Might make it easier for me to catch someone if they do come around.

Thanks for watching. Stay tuned for updates.

2. ShadowWarrior

more pictures!! Bad news. Pheno #2, the sativa dominant one, has got a case of white powdery mildew on several side-branches, undersides of some some leaves and just a tad on some of the smaller buds. There was a bit on the main stalk just beneath the main cola, but I did my best to scrape it off without getting any anywhere else and hoping that's the end of it... wishful thinking. I guess the organocide isn't working for that like it's supposed to. FUCK!! And I just said on here somehwere yesterday how well it works...:BangHead: anyway, so on the side-branches that had it, I cut them off and clipped them up and now they're drying for samples. It's only maybe an 1/8th once dried but it's got the whole house reeking of ganja.

0909010904.jpg

0909010910.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/0909010904.jpg.83c3e6e65aa422dc6696e2984fd25996.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/0909010910.jpg.bc3eeb85a7880d97830736bd6b5b51b3.jpg

3. ShadowWarrior

well, I've checked around and it seems if I want these girls to have a chance at lasting the rest of the season, I'm going to have to try Serenade for the powdery mildew.

Bummer... Hydro store guy says it wont be in stock until wednesday at the earliest and express shipping is an additional 16$. What shitty timing.

4. ShadowWarrior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks MRGJ. These pictures were taken Friday Morning at about noon.

Picture 1 is the sativa dominant pheno which has developed powdery mildew. and pictures 2&3 are the little indica dom one. That small pop corn bud in #2 is pictured previously on 08-28 post#33 and on 09-04.

5. ShadowWarrior

any questions or comments?

6. ShadowWarrior

My review on Nirvana's site: YieldlowFlavourcitrus/fuel/musk. It stinks. Faint cheesy smell while growing. Once dried it just smells herby/spicy.CommentThis plant is tough. In the southeast US it has survived just about everything that could go wrong, but it still got powdery mildew. Small-medium plants, not large. My tallest one is about 4 1/2 feet tall. I've fed foxfarms grow big and tiger bloom. Bud production so far is unimpressive. BUt those buds are tight, dense, frosty and sticky as glue. Samples taken at 6(to prevent mildew spread) weeks are impressive. A very mellow, laid back high. Some pain numbing effects, but not really enough to be medicinal. Munchies hit hard. With the early sample smoke, dried two days and kept in plastic pill bottle for 4 allowing time for air, this is good smoke. Very dank, and effects are felt quickly. It starts as a rush and then mellows out to be a long-lasting, smooth riding high. I can tell it's hybrid. Unfortunately, I do have complaints. Germination is awful. Even with the germination kit, it's pathetic. With my first batch, I got 2 of 5, so Nirvana being the good people they are, sent me another one. So far Ive tried germinating 2 of that pack and have 1. Besides that, the small amount of bud they're producing outdoors is shameful. BUT, it's good smoke. If I can ever get it to produce more, it could make a very nice commercial strain. I'd say it's about B-C+ grade. Better than average, but less than stellar.

7. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

What is a "germination kit"?

8. ShadowWarrior

it's a package of soil cubes with a 'special bacto' you sprinkle on top of the inserted seed. Supposedly it's supposed to help them germinate more reliably, but I'm not seeing it.

I really only bought the damn thing so they would have no excuses in case of poor germination. Yeah that worked out real well.:BangHead:

9. Midnight Garden

Sorry to hear that. There really is a lot of snake oil type bullshit in the grow industry.

10. ShadowWarrior

yeah, well, I'd kept reading about their stock having problems germinating, but I really wanted to try them out, so I bought just for 'insurance'.. good thing too.

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Straight up review:thumbs-up: Thanks SW.

12. ShadowWarrior

keep in mind the bud sampled wasn't flushed and was smoked through the drying and mini 'cure' stages.

got about 2 more weeks and they should be ready. I did look at them yesterday and they are swelling nicely now.. but damn the lack of height. More pics tomorrow.

13. ShadowWarrior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic#2 is the indica dom. Found today, right after taking this picture a fucking locust was living on it and had damn near eaten the top of the main stalk in two. I noticed this when I saw what I initially thought was bud rot, letting out a stealth-breaking 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!'. So, the tippy top of my main cola is now trimmed and drying on my desk. Other than that, all is still fine. No more signs of mildew spread.

The Sativa dom(pic#1) is beginning to show amber trichs and the resin production is frickin awesome.

2 weeks to harvest, sound about right? Or should harvest the sat-dam next friday and let the indica dom one go 2 weeks?

14. Midnight Garden

Those look yummy!

15. ShadowWarrior

here we go, a week late. This shit makes me so damn lazy.

This is the one I had to chop the main cola from. It smokes ok. The high is nothing special, but not bad at all. It's a lazy dont wanna do shit except watch nature shows and fuck kinda-buzz. It smokes dank. The smell lingers. It's musty, kinda cheesey, kinda skunky. When you open a container, the scent fills the room with dank marijauna odor.

[​IMG]

This is the Sativa-dom, which has longer trich stalks. These two plants are so different in structure, smoke and high that I'm not even sure they're really the same strain. I think Nirvana mixed them up. I def prefer this one though. It's more herby, spicy, and kinda minty. A little more functional that the other one, but not much. The high is more clear.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll give the full-head-on growkind exclusive review after final harvest and cure. I'll say one thing here: This is not medical grade, it's nothing to brag about, and honestly, unless I really fucked up, and I don't think I did too horribly, then the ppl writing on despensary reviews about this shit sells for 400$ an ounce are on a serious drug other than pot. it's simply not that good. I don't see it at all, but after a really proper dry/cure, I may change my mind. Don't count on it.

In short, I think I've had my fill of low-rent seed vendors who rip-off other ppl's strains and slap their own name on it. I'll try Nirvana once more for that legendary Northern Lights or Bubblicious I keep hearing about, but I'm looking someplace else for serious gear, plain and simple.

If a plant can't flourish in Florida with the care I've given these, they can't flourish. Lot's of hold-ups and problems, yes, but there's no excuse for such wimpy looking cannabis plants in Florida. These fucking things should be at least 5' tall and packing a lb each.

I MIGHT get 2-3 Oz....shamefull. The reselience isn't quite worth it(don't forget the abuse they've gotten). I dunno. I may back-cross one of my others with a higher yeilder just to see what comes of it.

16. ShadowWarrior

guys, I don't mean to be a bitch, but the lack of replies here really sucks.

Harvest pics coming soon. I think I got maybe a qp total after drying.

Fucking shamefull:BangHead:.

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

You have over 1500 views, so yeah, you're being a bitch. :smoke2:

18. ShadowWarrior

I didn't notice. friggin' sweet!!:flyy:

19. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I think he meant replys not views. Takes a lot of work to show pics of a grow and log them on the forum good job.

t6

20. ShadowWarrior

thanks T6. :passsit: