Duc's got the blues baby...

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by ducrider, Mar 12, 2014.

1. DXE

DXE Moderator

AWESOME !!!!!

I will be putting miss Dabney under LED for veg today so it will be interesting to see what she looks like at the same point.

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

They look awesome!

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Maybe from your house but up close and personal they're a little crispy looking. but....... Just in the last two days the buds have swelled and really firmed up so I'm not too worried about a few fried leaves at this point. They're going to be tasty :)

4. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Never worry about a few burnt leaves. The buds look nice and plump. :thumbs-up:

5. friendlyfarmer

6. ducrider

It took 6 weeks since flipping the lights but this morning I smelled blueberrys in the garden. :redbong:The stalled for a week when transplanted to their final pots so I'm probably going to let them go an extra week before chopping of the tops..

They'll be pictures posted in a couple of days..

7. friendlyfarmer

We've got some competition. I was introduced to a cured bag of Maine Outdoor Blueberry a few days ago and was impressed.

Pics!:smokin:

8. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I'd think the Maine outdoor season would pretty short. What, maybe 4 months and a few days. Not that it should have a dramatic affect on the quality. I can't remember the last time I grew from seed to bud outdoors. Lately they've been 12" cloned girls going out in mid may, way ahead of the curve.

Be Cool, CG

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

Not trying to rob ya thread duc, the girls look great. I'm sure you've got high hopes and expectations on this grow. And like sticky said, don't let a minor short term setback get your hopes down. They'll turn out sweet and smell so much like blueberries you'll be sprinkling little buds in your oatmeal.:thumbs-up:

Be Cool, CG

10. ducrider

Week 6 pics..

Up front are the two JBxKO Kush that I had originally thought were Lemon Thai but unfortunately they smell like berries dipped in diesel fuel. I say unfortunately but honestly It's some good as smoke so I'm not complaining, really I'm not..

[​IMG]

one of the Dabney's at just over 6 full weeks of flower. They're all producing buds but their poor leaves are looking rough, it's going to be a real PIA to trim..

[​IMG]

Oh the horror of it all :roffl:

[​IMG]

Fast forward one week and we're at 7 weeks plus 2 days. I have to say I'm pleased with how nicely they're plumping up despite the earlier deficiency I made them suffer though. I snapped these two pics this morning shortly after lights out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

tha Dabney is ALWAYS a pain in the ass to trim. Leaves, leaves and more leaves but oh so well worth it.

12. DXE

DXE Moderator

AWESOME

13. ducrider

It's still too wet to smoke but I've taken a small branch midway down one of the plants as a sample. Despite a little abuse the bud are really getting quite hard and plump during the past week, fingers crossed for a good yeild..... Whoo hoo 1 1/2 weeks to go:jj:

[​IMG]

14. friendlyfarmer

Glued to this thread. CHUNK in there.

15. ducrider

Affirmative there is chunkage on them

There branches :) .

16. ducrider

Last night I began harvesting the tops of the Dabney's, it's been 9 full weeks of flower & they're nice and full but they don't have ANY berry aroma at all. They smell very earthy with a slight hint of citrus, in fact they sort of smell like Lemon Thai. They don't smell skunky either. After 9 weeks the trichs are still probably 75% clear which indicates that they could go a lot longer. If my back wasn't against the wall with travel plans I'd probably let them go at least another week.

On the up side the test sample was some kick ass toke with a very up cerebral high that lasts a good long while. Even thought the sample nug was only 3 days dry it was smooth as silk going down with a earthy flat finsh, very similar to Lemon Thai.

All of the tops are well developed and very very dense & firm, even the smaller nugs 8-10" down are nice and chunky :) .

[​IMG]

these are the tops from one of the smaller ones, the stool is 12" in dia.

[​IMG]

17. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yeah your daney looks more like my kksc. More sat dom. If it doesn't smell like powered donuts and blueberries fresh when you run the fans and squeeze a bud you got a mislabeled dabney I'm afraid. Looks good though.

18. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Those buds look tasty enough to smoke. :redbong: :goodjob:

19. CREATIVE GARDENER

OH YEAH!!

Be Cool, CG

20. ducrider

My thoughts exactly... I know My source was solid but mistakes do happen, maybe it's Lemonberry:redbong:

errrr what's kksc?