Dutch Passion

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by ShadowWarrior, Sep 12, 2011.

1. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

I've gotta agree with Chris on this one. I've grown DP's White Widow, Blueberry and Strawberry Cough. The WW and SC were decent, even though not one pheno of the SC tasted or smelled very much like strawberries. I was extremely disapointed with the Blueberry, especially for the price (should have listened to Useless, he warned me). I can buy several packs from Sannies for what I paid for that fng BB. Save your $$$ and buy elsewhere. Sannies, Dj Short, Serious, Mr Nice, and Nirvana would be much better choices IME.

-tC

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Outa my mind huh?

Read your post again and youll find all the answeres to what im talkin bout

your 1st grow right, my left show would get you hiiiiiiiigh as fuck at this point

smell isnt taste, so who gives a poop bout its smell sometimes

airy n leafy to me can come from a few places but its generally cuz the plant sucks

Any seasoned grower knows the DP products are wack!

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I will be putting this to rest for myself in a couple more weeks. I have DP's Orange Bud and Hollands Hope in flower now and I must say, they sure do look nice. These are 2 of the varities I have always wanted to try. If they suck, I'll kill the clones. If they're so bad, why was the Chocolate Rain mated with the Hollands Hope?

4. CCrete

I personally know the O.B. and BB suck big hairy balls, thats my opinion tho

5. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

As ya might know, I have a BB going, so I'm interested to know more about it. Could you elaborate on why it sucks ass? Did they hermy on ya?

As for the Orange Bud, my only experience was last summer. I gave my friend a freeby female OB seed to put on her balcony. She didn't get much of anything -sun, ferts, ph'd water- but she still turned out a nice little plant. No nanners, a nice smell and taste. On the flip side, I've read like 20 reports on the OB sucking complete ass indoors, throwing nanners on almost every plant.

I don't wanna tell ya where to spend your money, but I'd spend it on a strain that maintains a great reputation.

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

o just fuck it. I wanna grow everything on Sannie's website anyway, so I might as well just dedicate my next several projects to that.

All I remember about the orange bud I had was that it was somewhere about late 90's, uncle said his guy got it from a california shipment, and it was GOOOOD. Satiny smooth, citrusy, perfect sativa buzz..

Coulda been a high times mail order home grow for all I know...

fuck it though. I've got my sights set on sannies anyway.. just gotta figure out which ones to go with first and I'm hoping to do more than one or two this time and for those of you who remember my elaborate list of strains... it aint likely but you probably already figured as much.

Herijuana is def on my list still along with killing fields f3 Fusion's HazexTai.. whenever it finally gets posted

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

welcome back carpenter.. how goes it?

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well, I'll be flushing the OB next week and no nanners yet. Smells and looks real nice, but taste and buzz will tell. Now I don't know whether to flip the first set of clones or not. Well I guess I could always just give it away. I'm sure somebody will take free weed if I don't like it. Thanks CC. Dashing my hopes on something I wanted to try for years. Dick.:321fu::flyy:

9. CCrete

Im speaking from my PERSONEL experiences with DP products, the OB and BB from what ive grown were total SHIIIIIT, but im sure theres some type of decent plants in their stable of the strains, I just got bullshit from the few that I grew out, i had 4 OB females and 2 BB females that were both garbage, grew airy buds, thin colas, no real noticable scents to them and what I did have left after they dried was of less than ok smoke, it was IMO a 1 out of 10, almost like brickweed IMO

I grew them both outdoors and indoors, both were junk

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Wow, that sucks. I always figured that they were around so long, one of the first seed companys I found years ago anyways, that they had nice stable shit. Especially with the same genetics that they've had. Well I'm hoping you just got a bad deal. The one I've got going now, getting ready to start flushing it this weekend, has nice solid, hard, citrisy smelly nuggs. It grew pretty tall too considering I put it in early. I'm worried about the clone being flipped because it's HUGE. Been 6 weeks since it's been in the buckets. I'll deffinitely have to top it hard before I flip it. If the buzz sucks it will really piss me off since I waited so long to try it. The HH has some huge spears going on it also. Maybe they upped their game? I'm hoping they did.

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

CC, Carpenter, this is what my OB came out like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It smells citrisy, has a little orange/slight skunk taste. The buzz is pretty decent. I've had better, but I've had worse too. Definately NOT a keeper. I'll let the other one that's in it's 3rd week of flower in, but as Alice Cooper says, the rest got to go. Only about half the buds came out looking like this. The other half is a little airy. Sometimes side by side buds are opposites. Some side by side branches are different. I'll smoke the nice ones and we'll see what I end up doing with the airy ones. Any advice on growing Querkle? That's another one I've been dying to grow. I have some seeds but at least I haven't started them yet.