ELECTRICAL issue

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by CCrete, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:bong-2:

2. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Hey man, did you electrocute yourself or what?

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

In all honesty......I aint touchin that breaker box

Small story, when i was a kid...i had a friend get totally burnt up from messing with a plug in his bedroom....and i mean life altering burnt, dude looks like Rocky Dennis now..

So im sorry if im scared like a little school girl....im pretty, i cant afford ugly, this is all i got right now

But on the other hand, i NEED this to work

What I still dont understand is WHY is this only effecting ONE light out of 6???

And WHY is nothing else in the house not being effected either???????

I got a new deep freezer 2 days ago...that thing plugged right in no issues!

I know check the BOX and the wire!!!! Stop being a fag and grow some sack and do it!!!!!

Your all correct.....BUT WHY IS IT ONLY WITH ONE LIGHT??? And WHY IS IT THE ONLY ISSUE WITH MY ELEC IN THE HOUSE????

god help me:roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

I WILL go and do what everyone is asking me to do....I truly will....but in MY mind, something else would be giving me issues as well, not just the ONE random hps light that worked fine

4. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

O.K., for clarity:

You had five 600 watt lights that were working. Check.

You unplugged one and plugged in the 1k. Check.

The four 600Watt lights AND the 1K light worked. Check.

You unplugged the 1K and RE-Plugged in the 600. Check.

Now, were ALL 600 Watt lights buzzing and not lighting OR just the one that you had replaced with the 1K and RE-Plugged back in?

When you plugged in the 1K back into the same spot where it worked before, does it light up or just flicker?

When you plug in the 600W that flickers into the outlet of one of the other working 600W, what happens?

Edit: O.K., just read what you wrote while I was writing this.

Have you tried the non-working bulb in one of the working lights' ballast?

Have you used the bulb from a working light in the non-working ballast?

5. CCrete

Ok.....were on the same track

It goes like this....I walk in the room with my 1k in hand.....I UNPLUG a single 600hps......I then plug the 1k in the same spot and it fires up, no issues.....I now have 5 lights running at the same time

NOW....I have a new room built for some ladies......I take the 600 and hang it in the new room.....plug it in and now it just flickers...WTF???

Thats all that happened, it was sooo simple and easy that it dont make any sense.....

6. AlienBait

When you plug the 600W light back into the place where it worked before, does it work or just flicker?

When you plug that same light into the place where another working light is plugged in, does it work or flicker?

7. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:bong-2: :roffl:

8. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

fuse vs breakers

A fuse will burn out a breaker can overheat to the point of welding itself on so which is truly safest :popcorn-2:

9. CCrete

Boa....eat my ass

Alien : it flickers no matter where i plug it in........no matter what....i even got a new light setup and its still doing it

OFO : Everything works in the plug, a 1k is in the plug right now, as well as 5 oother lights, 3 big fans, blah blah blah...

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

This should be a sit-com :thumbs-up:

11. AlienBait

Well, if everything works in that plug except that one light, then that light is broken...

Then again, you said that you got a new bulb, ballast, etc.... Hmm....

One last question: Have you tried the flickering bulb in another ballast and one of the other bulbs in the flickering ballast?

12. CCrete

No sir i have not....but it was also brand new

13. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

WTF MAN! this is nuttz bro u still havent fiqured this shit out!

14. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

fuckin-A and get jim belushi (sic) to play chris.:fireworks:

15. AlienBait

+
    Still, give it a try.

Are you sure you brought back the new light and ballast and not the old ones?

Just so you know, I'm not trying to be a smartass. :thumbs-up:

16. CCrete

Yea, they were in sealed boxes, i picked them out myself by hand and then opened them up in the store and made sure they all worked correctly

Somebody slap me...its needed badly

17. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:roffl: :roffl: LMAO:roffl: :roffl:

18. hydtrorookie

hydtrorookie Developed Alternating Nodes

more than likely it is your Capacitor within the ballast. 120 or 240 it will not matter as long as the ballast has the ability to do either one. Make sure that if it has a switch or a plug cover to rotate that it is set to the voltage being used.

Your ballast was on the way out as far as an capacitorr and yes it happens that quick. Not uncommon. An igniter has one purpose to light the bulb and if it goes out it will not light at all. As for a capacitor its purpose it to keep enough charge to continually light the bulb but if it goes out it will either flicker or not light at all. Lumitec has a 5 year warranty and is VERY VERY good about warranties. No receipt needed they ask no questions. they will ask you to send it in and they send a brand new one back.

Contact number for Lumatek(1-866-369-8943)

As for 240 wiring.... PAY CLOSE attention to detail it can burn the place down if done wrong.

You need 10-3 to be safe which can carry a total of 30 Amps

12-3 will carry 20 amps across the wire.

Do your calculations carefully and I suggest do not overload the wire

1k ballast on 240v pulls 5.5 Amps

600w ballast pulls 2.5 amps on 240v

1k ballast on 120v pulls 10.5 amps

600w on 120 pulls 5.5 amps

Now as for wiring you use only 3 wires (Red Black and White)

the red and black are the hot legs and the white is the nutral which at the panel goes on the ground bus. Your neighbors can run every light and every A/c they own all day and it will never affect your home.... the grid takes into account and keeps all voltage to a home at the service requirement which is depending on the home 100 to 200 amps constant (Age of House and Service wire incoming dictate this).

Hope this helps Send your ballast in for warranty its not your service or the power grid but a failed ballast.....