Executive Order: National Defense Resources Preparedness

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AlienBait, May 13, 2012.

1. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I'm not sure if I read this correctly or not. Perhaps some of you can help me out here. After reading this Executive order, it seems that the President can, under the guise of a national emergency, take control of EVERYTHING, including Transportation, Food, Raw materials, and PEOPLE and use it for "National Security." If that is true, why hasn't it been all over the news??

“(e) The Secretary of each resource department, when necessary, shall make the finding required under section 101(b) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071(b). This finding shall be submitted for the President’s approval through the Assistant to the President and National Security Advisor and the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Upon such approval, the Secretary of the resource department that made the finding may use the authority of section 101(a) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071(a), to control the general distribution of any material (including applicable services) in the civilian market.”

So, President Obama can “control the general distribution of any material (including services) in the civilian market.” He has power over “food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer.” And in case you are wondering what “food resources” covers, the order goes on to clarify that it includes “potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils.” In other words, your cupboards and pantry can be laid bare if deemed necessary.

It allows the government to steal privately owned property and publicly owned infrastructure and hand it over to its preferred corporate partners: “(b) provide for the modification or expansion of privately owned facilities, including the modification or improvement of production processes, when taking actions under sections 301, 302, or 303 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2091, 2092, 2093; and © sell or otherwise transfer equipment owned by the Federal Government and installed under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to the owners of such plants, factories, or other industrial facilities.”

Here is the link:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I am going to read it again, but after one go through it just looks like a clarification of eminent domain, and people would still have to be compensated. Round two of reading after a few bowls.

3. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

too bad he did not exercise this with the oil and gas industry especially where it is directly affecting the economy. They did that in brazil all oil and gas reserves are owned by the government and GAS IS 48 CENTS A GALLON!

t6

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

And hot chics DIG on white guys.

That's it. I'm moving. :thumbs-up:

Anyone speak portugese? (or can spell it?)

5. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I guess this is no big deal then. Me just being overly paranoid?

6. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

"Marshall Law" as you would have it. IF the shit really hits the fan the gov acts like the people in the military would really turn on the public and ravage people homes. Not as easy as they may think there's paranoid people in them thar hills...Steel

7. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I personally don't think, in a worse case scenario government crack down, that the majority of the military would willingly do what they are told, including most of the officers. I think they would say "fuck you" and go home to their person guns and stand with the rest of us.