EZ-Clone 120

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by rasganjah, May 5, 2013.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I would also guess that the tape will lose it's integrity.

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Aww for cryin out loud!! The tape is just a temporary fix peeps. Sure over a long period of time it would probably come loose. I think it will last plenty long enough for me though. Like I said I plan on buying more neoprene inserts. That is if it proves to work well for me. I'll have money for the rest of the inserts in a couple weeks so If these cuttings are rooted well by then I will buy the inserts, peel off the tape (which I believe will still be firmly attached to the cloner) and fill all the holes with an insert.

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

For the record, I seriously had no idea what the tape was for or why they were giving you responses about it breaking down. I understand the concern now from reading this thread, but I also understand using tape for temporary fixes. :smoke2:

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Once you see the ease ad get results, your guna wonder why you let it sit for so long. When i first got mine, i was having the same timing issue. After the first few runs, i felt suuuuper dumb for always saying or thinking it wasnt worth it when i looked at them. i understand most folks DIY them and have decent results but IMO, the EZ models give the best overall product, best consistancy and bang for the buck in the long haul, just from reliability alone

5. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I'm using rockwool for cloning as well right now, until I get a little ahead then I'm going to make a bucket aero cloner. I noticed you said they are taking forever to root, I had the same problem, only tried it once with great success, and I've recently taken some more for a second try. I put a temp/humidity sensor in there and I've been running around 79-89 temp wise with about 60-80% RH, does that sound like its pretty high? Also could that be why yours and my rockwool clones fake longer to root? I've been reading where you want cooler temps and I'm working on correcting the problem but I'm just curious if you are having similar temps and whatnot.

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

My average temps in my veg room have been around 75 degrees. I dunno why I have had so much difficulty with the rock wool lately. I will have 2 very similar cuttings right next to one another under the humidity dome and one will root in like 12 days and the other one will take a whole 7-10 more days. Same procedure, same everything.

7. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Dude I just checked mine in the dome, all 8 are looking like they're rooting and one has roots coming through the cube already-6 days in-so I guess my temps are ok. That's really strange about yours, maybe a mistake in the actual cut? idk, I'm still new to cloning since this is my 2nd try but so far so good! I didn't most mine this time and they've rooted faster than my first try when I misted every 1-2 days if that means anything to ya

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Hey Ras that thing is going to surpass anything you ever did in rock wool. Your gonna be shocked!

t6

9. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

This is what I have started doing. I have the same issue as RAS, getting the damn things to root in a timely manner so as to be able to keep everything perpetual. It's kind a moot point with me atm because I have shut off the HID lights for the summer but once fall comes I hope to have it figured out. I just took 15 clones from my cherry pheno of cheesequake but I only need two or three. My main worry now is bringing in bugs over the summer.

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I've been doing this for years now. BAck in the day when I was just doing a single room for veg and flower and just growing for myself it seems like I had no problem with rooting my clones in rock wool. However I needed far fewer plants far less often so of course it was easier. I had 2-3 months between rounds and that's ample time to be patient with rooting cuts and veg them to an adequate size.

Now that I have a much larger setup and am trying to run a perpetual grow where I can harvest 1 table about every 4-5 weeks it's a lot harder to make sure I have enough rooted clones to work with. In a 4-5 week period I need to be able to root them and veg them to adequate size for flowering.

I'm still playing with mediums and plant numbers trying to find the sweet spot for my setup. I know it can work the way I designed it if I get it dialed in just right.

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I sure hope so man. I could use something going my way for a change instead of always struggling uphill it would be nice to crest a hill and coast for a little while.

12. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Not only that but plants in flower will clone easily with the aero method should you ever need to save some.

t6

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Ras, keep it clean as possible too, once your done with a run, emoty her, scrub brush her out with BLUE, DAWN dish detergent. It removes all and any grim or buildup, rinse clean and then refill with fresh water and add a bottle of regular storebought peroxide, run for a day or 2, then empty and go back to normal. I had issues when mine got older, the manifold is enclosed and is hard to get clean from buildup. Ever since i did this, never had any filth issues since. Keeps the machine pristine!!!

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I will be keeping it clean. I regularly clean with H2o2 already. I definitely will keep up with the cleanliness though.

15. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Hey bro, I wasn't tryin to knock you or anything. I was just surprised and shocked that it seemed I did something right this time I didn't do last time and wanted to share it. I can see how it would be frustrating when working with that small of a timeframe. Also, I realize you've been doing it way longer than I have, sorry if it seemed like I was telling you how to do your deal. Hope your aero cloner get you the results you're after. :passsit:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Naw I wasn't trippin' bro. No worries.

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Ok so here's an update.

Today is day 11 in the EZ-Cloner for the test cuttings I took. 3 different Phenos of Tahoe and 2 cuts from 1 of the Phenos of the Fusion Katscan (Bubba x Bubba/Afghan) The other pheno is still revegging from a flowering state and doesn't have any good branches for taking cuts yet.

All of the test cuts have roots now. Some a little more than others but overall they rooted pretty fast and pretty uniformly. I'm very happy with these results and I will be buying more inserts and rocking this EZ-Cloner from here on out! Since they all have roots I added a 25% strength Useless week 1 veg nutes to help get them some nice big roots and healthy foliage before I transplant them.

Also note that the Gorilla Tape is still intact with no signs of deterioration. It hasn't leaked or come loose anywhere either. I will be taking it off soon enough but just to let everyone know there has been no issues regarding t he tape that everyone was so worried about. LOL :roffl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:passsit:

18. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

Is the EZcloner only for hydroponics,or can drop those in soil?

:passsit:

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'll be dropping them in soil. It's for any medium you want to put them into. :thumbsup: :passsit:

20. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

Very cool man.:good job: