Frankenfridge

Discussion in 'DIY' started by ResinRubber, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's been a year....a LOOoooooong freakin year...but the new cab is finally going through it's maiden voyage. Right now it's just got a few Mandala Safari Mix and one Black Rose mom that I'm throwing into flower for the test run in case there's any bugs that need working out. When these are done I'll be dialing in by adding the CO2 and radiant heat tiles in the floor to be able to better control temps and not worry about having to deal with odor. It will then have it's own heat/cooling systems and be completely sealed and self contained to run in any environment.

It started out as a scavenged commercial refrigerator that I picked up for free and spent $20 getting working again. 8 sq/ft of growing floor with a lockable door for security. I added a horticulture grade thermostat to get a firm handle on setting correct growing temps. The original had no setting for 75F...imagine that?

It's set with one 400w HPS mag ballast and one 400w digital MH/HPS cooled by DIY cool tubes using a Stanley blower that is modded for one side intake.

My goal was to not exceed $400 total cost on this build and thanks to craigslist and DIY guides I came in at $350 before the CO2 and heating. But those are necessary and tip the bill to $550. Still not bad for what I ended up with.

Here's the outside.

[​IMG]

All the ballasts and cooling are contained under the unit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Electric box and timer are hidden on the backside against the wall.

[​IMG]

Doors open.

[​IMG]

Cool tube. Not bad for a DIY if I do say so myself.

[​IMG]

Intake. These will be plumbed directly to the cool tubes once CO2 is added to allow for a completely sealed cabinet.

[​IMG]

And at the moment with 800 watts burning it maintains a perfect 74F at plant level.

[​IMG]

Yeehaw baby! I'm bAAAAaaack.

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Neat Setup Rez!!!!!!!!

Teamster6

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Awesome! Love the setup RR! Glad your back at it!:good job: You're my hero you know! :not-worthy: +rep

4. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Holy shit,Res!!! Nice fucking job !

Budz:anibong::anibong::anibong:

5. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

You have the fridge running with the lights in it?

That's FUCKING AWSOME. :not-worthy: :thumbs-up: :good job:

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Now that's a cool setup!

7. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

That pic with the doors wide open is f'n SWEET:rock: :rock: I just had the vision in my head "aaahhhhhh" as the doors open. Really nice job on that. Hows the noise on the outside?? I bet that heavy duty thing really muffles out the sound good.....alot more than my closet maid cab LOL. Can't wait to see that thing filled up.

8. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

:thumbs-up: Wow! :beerchug-2: :thumbs-up:

9. USMC0321

USMC0321 Veggy Stage

That is sweet. +1

10. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Such an awesome setup RR. Been wondering when we'd see you join the fray again, kicking back on the floor front & centre for this one.

:popcorn-2::popcorn-2::popcorn-2:

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Very nice RR!!! I be over shortly. :thumbs-up: [​IMG]

12. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Awesome job Res you lucky bastard I can't wait to see your black rose flower-Bud

13. buds4ever

buds4ever Lost in the woods

Looks great! Congrats on being up and running again...B4E..:beerchug-2:

14. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Holy shit man. That is very smart and awesome. haha u got so much space you can fit couple of boddies in that bitch

Gj bud. Very stealth

15. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

Duuuuuuuuude...

You forgot one of the COOLEST parts about your setup in your description!

How many plugs do you have to manage with this thing?

(I'll let YOU answer Res)

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:roffl: :roffl: That's right!....One. It plugs into a single receptacle. Everything runs off the Belkin 20 amp power box on the back. So flipping easy. Roll it around, move it and all you need is one outlet on a 20 amp circuit to keep it all going. Emergency shut down for security? Reach around back, hit one breaker switch and everything stops.

Bud- You need to tell the old lady that if she wants to toke decent weed you need to grow. Get-er fired up son. I know you can kick my ass growing with a flashlight, old washing machine and box of Miracle-Gro. So do it already.

Dlr- Yeah, the cooler runs when it gets too hot. In December I'll be adding radiant heat coils so it will maintain whatever temp it needs to no matter what's going on outside. I should be able to park it in a snowstorm or the Sahara and the temp will not fluctuate.

Sticky- It's amazingly quiet. Even with the blower running its about the same as a small bathroom fan.

Here's a shot of the Thermostat. It can control both the cooling compressor and a heating unit to within a 3F range. Simple twist of the knob, instant climate control. Water resistant.

[​IMG]

And the racking. It's fully adjustable. Head room was at a premium so even 5 inches for yoyo's or chain was giving away too much. With these I was able to hard mount the bulbs and control plant distance by moving the shelving.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the good cheer guys. I'm really excited to have a project underway again. Pics will get updated around week 5 when the test grow gives something to look at. Then we'll see if it all works as planned.

cheers,

CCrete likes this.
  17. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

You can't keep a good grower down. :thumbs-up:

That is super mega cool. :good job:

I can't wait to see what you can do with it. :popcorn-2: :popcorn-2:

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Now thats some stoner creativity at its best.....holy shit Res!

F'n sweet my man, unique :passsit: :beerchug-2:

19. Towelieee

Towelieee you wanna get high?

Awesome setup man, I'm ready to see some dank buds growin!

20. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

That temperature control is WAY cool, dude.

You know, if you're ever over in Australia, you've got a place you can crash...

... Just give me enough notice so I can go get all the building materials. :rofl: