Fuck the Government

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nuggnester, Apr 3, 2014.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

My partner and I each gave them over 25% of our livlihood in 2013. I think I am going to move out of the country.

Not Joking.

I'm not a slave

Anybody else own a restaurant? This is robbery.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I was self employed for 5 years...FUCK THAT! Never again...its not worth it. every year I ended up in tha same boat you are in. Then try to get medical ins incorporated for your family, you might as well die standing where you work, cuz that's where youll be trying to work hard enough to afford it all

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

My wife and I pay about 35%. sucks but you can't not file taxes.

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I also paid 17%-25% taxes for over 25 years, now I pay sales tax and property tax, gas tax, shit the list goes on and on. I only get some relief thinking of the people who do get help from the taxes, not a lot, but some. taxes are too high IMO, but that's the gov fault for spending too much and making us pay for it.

As far as moving, where would you move? I hear Australia is nice! I personally would not move anywhere I could not carry a gun, that's for sure.

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, I was self employed for 25 years. And affordable insurance, especially with a seizure disorder, was next to impossible!! I was a flooring contractor and very good at what I did. But found out quick that working under the table when you could and finding tax write-offs was the only way to stay alive in that world. Between the 25% income tax and having to pay the full SS and Medicare (no employer to pay half) fuck Uncle Sam!!

I remember when I first opened my retail store and a dude came to put QuickBooks on the store's computer. All I kept asking was "where's the none of your damn business button". After a couple of "you have to do it this way's" I showed him the door and devised a spread sheet system of my own. I used QuickBooks to do the payroll, but that was it.

If I'd turned in every penny I made there's no way I could have stayed in business.

Be Cool, CG

6. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Cheating on taxes is the only way to go.

7. CREATIVE GARDENER

I called it 'Strategic Numerical Manipulation' :321fu:an ingenious concept I perfected over the years. Not really cheating unless you get caught!!

Be Cool, CG

8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Might as well get what you can get, a lot of people get way more back, than people who paid a lot more in. Go figure?

9. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Just got mine done for the farm and they still raped my even after claiming all the greenhouses the back hoe the tractor and the pots flowers and seeds. They added a separate tax of over 2000 just for owning a business.

10. CREATIVE GARDENER

Do you function as a Sole Proprietorship, LLC or Corp. The LLC and Corp. protects you from most personal liability but the Sole Prop. is less restrictive on financial records. I was a Sole Prop. in all mine.

I'm sure a lot of stuff like the tractor and back hoe has to be depreciated no matter how much came out of your pocket this year. Sometimes it's almost better to fucking borrow money when you can for the big shit so you can write off the fees and interest and keep the cash in your pocket. It's a fucked up game!!

Be Cool, CG

11. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Taxation of business entities is an area of specialization reserved for those CPA's and lawyers who love pain. There was a series of classes in law school devoted to the subject that we mortals steered clear of unless you were already slated for a job at GE Finance. To give solid advice, you must know the GBL in your state and each state in which your company does business, the federal tax code, GAAP, and how they all interact.

12. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah you're exactly right. I just know what worked best for me in my situation and never meant to suggest that my way was best for anyone else. Just saying it's complicated trying to find the right path to max profit for whatever business venture that's taxable.

But one things for sure, Uncle Sam won't get a cut of the buds!!

Be Cool, CG

13. greenjah

my problem is that they do, yes I do grow flowers and produce but not nearly enough to pay the bills or to show enough income to get a loan so ya I actually pay taxes on the buds.

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

sorry didn't read the entire thread but I feel you.

one word of advice is too fuck the man back. it's not hard. as long as you aren't trying to buy a house or anything you can fuck you paperwork up. just makes you look like a shitty bizman, not a criminal. If I were you and you already had your house and you didn't need capital from anyone, start asking for reciepts from everyone you know, write all that shit off. Seriously fuck it, be a negative profit company. Nothing illegal about that, and you don't have to have reciepts for under $50.00....so if/when I get audited do you know how many $50 expenses I had??? lol

that doesn't work if you are trying to start a family or buy a house, but if you already have that.....be creative

15. greenjah

I rent right now, the greenhouse is at my parents old house that is rented from them so ya I'm planning on buying a house soon and also wanted a new jeep witch I got a few days ago since I finally did my taxes.

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

When I bought the retail businesses I had to show every penny I made as a contractor that year, which was not the norm, just so I could get a loan. The bank manager knew I didn't claim everything I made but tax returns was their standard proof of income. I'd banked there for 20 years so he knew I was doing ok. when I mentioned maybe buying a house and he said to show them one more good year on paper and he'd make it work.

Don't know about there, but here you don't have to show a profit in a business venture for 5 years. You can even show a lose like nippie pointed out.

I've had contractor friends that would pick up receipts from the parking lots at Home Depot and Hardies (back when meals were an expense) or any piece of paper that looked like a tax deduction. Man, there's companies that fuck Uncle Sam out of millions so the few K that save isn't shit!!

Be Cool, CG

17. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Fuck the government..

Me and my lady will never get married cuz of the bullshit laws/rules(she got a fat ring tho,lol)....Ive worked my nuts off since I was 17, never made less than 40k, up to 80k (legally)....what did I get from that??? JACK SHIT! So when we had kids, we made a plan...never get married on paper, have the state give the health ins for the kids...FREE....my lady filed for whatever she needs to to get her INS...FREE....she gets food stamps and all kinds of other FREE shit too...fuck em all. We give the free food stuff to her broke ass mother, who sucks BTW

I realized a long time ago.....PRIDE/EGO and Intelligence are completely different

Pride/Ego will get you caught and ruin your life

Do anything you can to fuck the system, at all costs

18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

you cc....i can marry you, no shit licencesed and everything

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

There's a very special corner in hell for IRS folk and them that create the tax morass.

IMO there should be nothing like "getting your taxes back". Every year every single person who owes anything should have to write a check. Fuck withholding. It's a farce to make idiots feel good for filing their taxes and getting a buy-off with their own fucking money.

If everybody who has a net payment due actually had to write the check, our government would go broke in .03 seconds.

20. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

Ha CC , one more thing in common. I make 60-70 a year depending on how lazy I get , 70 is about a full year no OT , but at this point I'm sure your on the same page , I work for the paper trail. With my dependents I don't pay fed tax and I can get stamps and assistance. I'm just taking back what's mine.

RR , I think withholding is a good thing . Every year I get a 10-15K chunck deposited into my bank . A paper trail straight from the IRS. Stupid fucks.