GH 3 part - Useless' formula

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Useless, May 30, 2009.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Hey CC, sounds like the air is drying out in your area and the plants are taking in more water than nutes. Top off the ressy with plain water when the PH starts to drop. That will help keep it in the optimal range.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

to clear something up for me, kinda noobish....when you say take "it" to 10 weeks or 12 weeks or 8 weeks, do you mean FEED it to that point? THEN do the flush or say for a 10 weeker....FEED it 8 weeks and flush for 2 = 10weeks???

Thanks guy:passsit:

3. Useless

LOL, if I say "take it 10 weeks", that means chop that fucker after 70 days. And since I always kick and scream about a 2 week flush, that means plain water from day 56 on to chop.

You follow?

4. CCrete

ya i kinda figga'd thats what u meant....lol

5. Quick question useless. With the MOAB you only run it for 3-4 days right? What do you do for the rest of week 5? Do you let the week 4 nutes run a few days into week 5, or flush after the Moab and start the week 6 nutes, or just plain ph'ed water for those few extra days?

6. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Useless,

What's your opinion on the Lucas Formula with the GH nutes?

Same nutes, but it eliminates the Gro formula altogether.

http://lucasformula.com/

:icon_scratch:

7. Useless

RG - Usually I end up running week 4 nutes for a few extra days. But either way works fine. Just give em an overnight flush after use.

AJ - Lucas is a good formula. Very stable and easy to buy, since you just buy 2 gallons of bloom for every 1 gallon micro. Mine is a bit more supercharged.

8. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

When using AN's Hammerhead weeks 2-8 & Big Bud powder weeks 2-4, should I keep running my base ferts @ half strength through week 8 or should I adjust it alittle stronger after week 4?

9. Useless

I don't use AN. I can't comment other than to say read the plants. Try upping it a little at a time. If you see indications of nutrient overdose, then you'll know where the range is for the strain you are growing.

10. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

It seems like the plant has to be lifted out of the bucket quite a bit. How can I manage that?

Does all that movement not shock the roots?

Maybe prepare the next batch of nutes in a different bucket and just transfer the net-pot lid onto the new bucket and just connect the air pump to the stone and off I go?

Even so, thats a lot of movement for these plants.

11. CCrete

IT does nothing unless you leave them OUT of water for extended periods of time Scotty

But you CAN do what your thinking of

12. ScottyG420

Very cool. Thanks Chris!

:passsit:

13. ScottyG420

Useless formula & hempy

Can I use the Useless formula with my Hempy plants?

14. juniorman8

juniorman8 Say it with me... Ahhhhhh

Yep... I've got a chocolope in a hempy bucket right now, and I'm using it. No problems.

15. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Yeah mate, no issues. Just ensure that you feed with plain pH'd water once per week, and give it a decent flush every 2 - 4 weeks depending on what the plant wants. I usually do the heavier flush every two weeks to err on the side of caution and to be sure I keep my pH in balance.

16. ScottyG420

That's good news. Thanks fellas!!

EDIT: This is my 2000th post. Awww Yeeaaahhhh.

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Okay I read through almost every post in this thread and all of Useless' posts twice and I think the formula sounds quite simple and straight forward. I'm sold! I went to the hydro store and bought the 3 parts and I also got MOAB. I wasn't sure what else to get so if there are other bloom boosters I should be using let me know. I'm switching over from General Organics because organic hydro is a pain! and I'm not ready for advanced hydroponics yet, I wanted to go with something proven and simple. I plan on running plain water with FloraKleen for a couple days to flush out the General Organics nutes in the hydroton and rock wool. Then I'll start with the week 2 flower nutes. So I'll check back in and see what advice you may have as well as let you know how things go. :thumbs-up: Thanks again Useless, I have a feeling you have saved me a ton of stress and headache. :passsit:

18. CCrete

SOmething Use points out, that is of great signifigance....to me atleast

Is figuring out your mixing "sweet spot"......In some cases when you mix for say 50 gal, it seems to be a bit high in your ph range and low if you dont mix for enough.

Finding your "sweet spot" for your gallons is when it REALLY becomes simple

I've figured out in my 4pot setup, that I fill it with 25gallons.....but it was to HOT when I mixed for 25...........NOW, i add the 25 as usual and mix for 23gal......PERFECT 5.5-5.8 the entire week!!!!

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Hey, good info thanks chris. I did read that in one of Useless' earlier posts in the thread about pH drift and how to control it without using a bunch of pH adjusters. I'll just have to see how it does strain by strain and make some notes for each one. I'm working with a 100 gal. res so hopefully it'll be more forgiving since it's a large volume. I'm sure I'll be asking some questions along the way.

20. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Dont forget you can also use the lucas formula with the G.H. nutes. It only uses the micro and bloom kind of like the other two part nutrient they make.

t6