Giving LED a shot

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by CREATIVE GARDENER, Jun 27, 2014.

1. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I've had a LED for a couple months and decided to give it a shot on 3 plants in a 2 x 2 table.

http://forum.growkind.com/picture.php?albumid=764&pictureid=7276

The 240w LED doesn't have quite the footprint so I added a 2ft T5 with a flower spectrum bulb to help out a little. There's no CO2, just fresh air so we'll see.

It won't come close to skunky or dxe, but if I like what I see I'll add more LED and some CO2.

Be Cool, CG

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Sweet man, I bet it's kinda weird going in and seeing purple instead of typical yellow from the hps. Anyways, cool set up.

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

This is the light from the Colorado company right? You got a link again? But guy on rui is doing an apollo 8 area 51 xgs side by side. Think the apollo is 280w. Either way it looks like it's doing about the same job as the 190. So I would think you could still get a good yield with the right strains. Idk I don't think you'll have a problem hitting 4+ with it. We will see what you can get the light to do though. I'm glad to see some diversity though. That way people can see different options and how they perform. Will be watching.

4. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah GIT that's an weird glow coming from that little room, Thanks.

Skunky, that's not a name brand. I got it at HTG Supply when I road down and checked their place out. It's a house brand, full spectrum, that they had on sale for under $250 so I thought I'd get one to help deal with the heat.

I set it up to flower those 3 AK-48 plants about 5 days ago and those girls have taken off beyond my expectations. Just hope I can keep them under control.

I'll def go with a higher end brand and model next purchase and go strictly flower spectrum. Just thought I'd experiment with this one to start with.

Be Cool, CG

5. skunky

Alright so is it the black housing one? If so you can keep it close to the tops. Buddy had some of their 432w units. Says he keeps them really close. So might not want to do what you see me and dxe do and keep lights so far away. If it's the one I'm thinking of it doesn't have secondary lenses. He has had to replace about 4 arrays in various lamps. Well be interesting to see how yours hold up. At least htg had been good about honoring replacements.

6. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah, that's the one. Heat's not a problem at all. I want to keep it as close as possible but far enough away to give me the coverage. My expectations aren't that high with this light and I don't expect it to perform as well as the upper end products. But it should more than pay for itself.

It allows me to grow in an area that would have been out of the question during the hotter months. My plan is to take the $ it produces and do like George Jefferson and be "moving on up" to a bigger and better setup by summer's end.

Be Cool, CG

7. skunky

Cool. Yeah that's what he said he does. Said he could let them get real close like t5s. Other than his replacement issues he said the lights are doing their job. The 432s replaced a couple 600s. Idk but he says he feels the leds did the job yield wise. So really interested to see how this goes.

8. DXE

DXE Moderator

Don't sure if others are seeing this - and I use dirt - but I am feeding more often under led

Be interesting to see how yours react

Willfully be watching!!