gonna try a table

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by greenjah, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'm pulling up a chair for this one. :bong-2:

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I would like to since lumigrow is a well known brand but they discontinued the 165w and the smallest they have now is the 325w so it would give it an unfair advantage and it is almost $800.

How bout this one? I googled in a few dofferent ways (what is the best led grow light) and this one kept popping up.

http://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/new-diamond-series-leds-extreme-3w-led-technology/#

It is 185w and is only $300, it might be nice to see if a cheaper light will keep up with the others but of coarse it wont say much about the life of it until i have used it for a few years, it does have a 3 year warranty though.

Ok my bad, i had to choose a size even though i had already clicked on the 200w model, anyway i chose it again and the price is $545 not $300 so it is actually a bit more in price then the others.

3. greenjah

4. greenjah

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I looked at both links and the first one i didnt see much led info except they use three manufactures.

Second one was using 3w Leds, old tech stuff imo (prob good for clone/veg)

Just a quick question, have you seen any grows online with those two lights the links are too? Oh and do they have any par graph info anywhere to help you make a decision with?

Edit: Just seen the second one par graph, i am going back to look more. Second one looks better.

What were you going to use this light for? Clone/veg/bloom?

6. greenjah

It will be used for veg and flower, i just figured i would throw a random brand in that looked like it had good reviews just for a comparison so i didnt look through the specs of them to much, i dont know what most of it means anyway.

7. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Advanced LED using the 10w Cree along with others is an excellent light.

8. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

If you're considering Lumigrow, go to 'Nelson and Pade' aquaponics. They are a big aquaponics company and sell a shit load of them for commercial projects. But they have the 325 for sale for $599. That's where I got all of mine. Good luck.

I just looked up an invoice, if you might still be interested, they're phone # is 608-297-8708. Ask for "Troy", real nice guy, he got my orders processed and at my door in 5 days.

Be Cool, CG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  9. greenjah

Still a bit to much watts on the lumigro, it wouldnt be fair for the compairison. If all goes well i will do a lumigro 650 vs. California lightworks 880 (actual watts for flower is around 650w) after the smaller light comairison.

I looked at the advanced led one, i will go with that one, for some reason when they show that it is one of those pink ones in the main picture it looks like a toy to me so i dont look at them, i did now though and it looks like a good one.

10. greenjah

Got the area 51 light a few days ago, i have it on my clones with a 400 MH while they weight to go to the greenhouse.

Also got the tables, two 2 by 4s. I looked at there drain and fill fittings and they didnt look right. How full should the table get before it gets to the drain pipe? Or basicly how tall should the drain be?

And the fill is just a plastic piece kind of like a screen?

Some links to some photos of them would help alot. I understand how these work and have made my own before but looking at what the store had i just couldnt match up how they would work right so i think they just didnt have the right stuff.

And one more thing, i went to order the light from advanced led and saw a light i didnt see before, mabe they were out of stock before.

Anyway so witch of these looks better i am a bit woried about the second one, looks like a good light i am just worried about it covering enough area.

looking at the xte 200

http://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/xte-series-led-grow-light-usa-made-5w-leds/

looking at the xml 150

http://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/new-diamond-series-xml-10w-cree-xml/

11. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

here's one of my sets. Based on the height of the tall drain, I'm getting about a 2 1/2 - 3 " flood in the tray.

Get the 200. Bigger is better.

[​IMG]

12. greenjah

Thats what they had, except there was no threads at the bottom, i just always thought the drain was adjustable and also thought i wanted the table to fill almost to the top. Thats why GK rocks, now i know.

So basicly i just put them in the table in net pots with hydroton and cover the table with panda film then flood them every 4 hours with 3" of water, hand watering them a few times a day for a week?

I will use hydroton and net pots because i use an aero cloner. Unless you guys know a better way.

13. friendlyfarmer

I think the deeper the flood the better so long as you don't overflow the table. I'm happy with my outcomes flooding at 3" but that level was determined partly by how shallow my tables are (4" deep as opposed to the more common 7" deep) and how small my reservoirs are (about 17 gallons). I think it would take more than a 20 gallon res to flood a 7" deep 2X4 table much more than 3-4 inches deep.

I use an aerocloner too. I take my rooted cuts out of the clone tray and place them into a 4" rockwool cube after splitting it halfway open and holding the slit open with my thumb. Then I set that through a 4" X cut in the panda that is stretched over the table after cleaning. I loaded three tables tonight doing just that. Took about 30 mins.

The beauty of this is no cleaning of hydroton and netpots after harvest. I just chuck the root mass out. The cubes are about a buck a piece. It's very efficient. I learned it from CC, who now uses netpots because he got root rot problems he attributed to the rockwool. I have seen no issues to far. been about 6 months multi tables.

14. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

You can get a little more water depth by just unscrewing the fittings a little on each joint. I have a couple tables that are an inch deeper than the others and tried adding another segment but that raised it too much. An inch of water is can be a lot depending on the size of the table, could be a few gallons on a bigger table. I ended up just unscrewing a couple joints 1/4" each adding 1/2" to the water depth.

Like FF, 3+ inches works fine for me. Much more than that I would need a bigger res. Just means more 'work' which I'm allergic to.:roffl:

Be Cool, CG

15. friendlyfarmer

Yep that's exactly right you can get at least a half inch of height at each joint. Also if you get a bigger pump and fill faster OR put a shutoff valve in the 3/4" drain line and close it even a little so the table drains slower, it will cause the table flood level to rise.

16. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

About 3 inches is really all you need. Should look like this.

[​IMG]

17. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i ended up ditching the Hydroton and went with the WHITE Growstones for hydro, silica based, made from recycled glass...they have a very sharp exterior and help to keep off any flying pests that like our gardens by scuffing up their bodies as they try to move around on them, thus killing them and keeping them from reproducing. And the other bonus is that they look like decorative rock you'd get from Lowes or HD, much easier to dispose of IMO. It also takes half the amount of hydroton to fill a 5inch netpot

I have the same risers as most people but I just got some smaller HALF sized risers that help adjust flood heights by the half inch too, very good to have on hand

18. friendlyfarmer

I hate those little fungus gnats, or whatever they are. I have a few left over from when I ran dirt. Can't get rid of them completely, though this last round when I planted the tables I made extra sure the panda was tight over the table with no light leaks around the skirts on the stalks.