gREEN dRAGON...but will it get you high?

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by El Campesino, May 4, 2007.

1. saxby

saxby I Smell Pot

The pharmaceutical Industry was into it, This is from 1936. lilly canna tinure bottle.jpg

lilly close up (Custom).jpg

/monthly_2007_05/57a6c9616e26e_lillycannatinurebottle.jpg.fea8193f646b71b4ea5a2264cd5fb233.jpg

/monthly_2007_05/57a6c96172f78_lillycloseup(Custom).jpg.3af438afdf30581fd58265f899f57f5f.jpg

2. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

Lion, the THC would not evaporate if you heated the alcohol. The alcohol would evaporate, leaving you the pure extract. The only time this might not be the case is if you get it too hot. Too much heat destroys THC. So, if you feel it's necessary (even though it isn't) to heat it, do it at very low temps, under 150F.

EL C - as for how long you soak it for, you have to reallize that there is a helluva lot more THC in the leaf/bud material than just the trichomes on the surface. When you do a quick alcohol bath, you are really only dissolving trichomes and minimal THC from the leaf. And the reason we do it quick for making iso-oil, is so that we get as few impurities as possible. We're going to smoke it, and the whole idea is to have a pure product.

But if we're going to drink it, who cares if we get chlorophyl and other impurities? No matter what, green dragon tastes pretty gross, so if you're going to gag it down, it may as well have all the THC from the leaf instead of just the THC from the trichomes. More bang for your yuck!

Plus, with a quick soak, you don't get that pretty deep emerald green color that you would from soaking longer. Not that color is important...just asthetics.

I've had both as a drink, the long and short soaks. The short soak will use more weed to get you and friends baked. The long soak will require less bud and be stronger, so you won't need to drink as much. And based on past experiences, you don't want to drink alot because it tastes pretty nasty.

A word of wisdom here...DO NOT mix it with coke or pepsi, or root beer. BLECH!!!!! I find the best way to get it down is to take 1/2 shot and chase with OJ, then the other 1/2 shot chased with OJ. Get it down quick!

Effects:

T+15-Bloated icky feeling in belly. Burps taste fuckin horrible!

T+30-Bloated icky feeling passing and starting to feel very relaxed.

T+60-Holy fuck am i stoned!

T+90-Holy fuck am i stoned! Oh wait, I already said that!

T+180-Damn, I'm still ripped?

T+240-Starting to come down

:eusa_shifty:

TheApprentice likes this.
  3. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

where'd you find that bottle saxby? I want one!

4. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Man wish i would have been around when all of this was going on. Campo you ever make this shit? I didn't read what everyone said but i guess by THsea's last few post that heating was brought to your attention. I would say get a small heat plate or coleman stove and a glass container so you can do this outside of the house just incase. pour some alcohol in the galss and bring it to a low rolling boil. Add your bud and let it boil in the alcohol for a few minutes. Kinda hard to say how long just keep this in mind trichromes and THC are on the outside of the leaves and chlorophyll is in the interior of th leave, The plants cell walls must be lysed (broken) for the chloroplast to exit the cell. So when you start seeing green stream out into the alcohol it makes sense to think that the THC has been tranfered to the alcohol since they are both non-polar and it is on the outside which is exposed to the solvent way before the intrerior is. You could strain it and either mix that with more alcohol or take it like that once it has cooled. Who needs absinthe and wormwood to mimic the effects of THC! Make your own Green Fairy.

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

posers!

6. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Lurking in the archives...

7. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I do love it when paople don't look at dates.

Peace....