Hash and edibles in legal markets

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by nippie, Feb 15, 2013.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Hey I was wondering market pricing for hash products and edibles in your markets...so what's even paying...ballpark wise and for what products

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I use 3/4 oz./3-3.5 doz. cookies, so I charge $10/cookie to break even.

No legal edibles around here.

3. nippie

Thanks MrA....I have no clue on this, I usually do favors/requests and just give away to friends, but someone is asking about pricing so hey...what's a man to do you know :)

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I'm sure I could charge $15 and make a profit. I'm sure I could make mini's and do better.

5. nippie

do you only do edibles?

6. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Hash goes for $10.00 a gram at the clubs around here. With edibles it depends on what it is. Here is a link to a local delivery service that has edibles for sale and the price list.

Edibles Price List

7. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

At the shop you can pay 8 to 12 dollars for a cookie or brownie....around 150 mg THC

8. nippie

Stash...there's the man!

What's pricing look like and how do you set it?

Do you just figure dry weight of trim and base pricing off that no matter what the product?

MG, are concentrates listed bubble, bho, or what?

9. Midnight Garden

Bubble is just called hash here, the "concentrates" are oil, that will go for 30 to 45 a gram depending on what "grade" it is.

10. nippie

oil as in bho? or what, sorry sometimes diff regions call things different things

11. Midnight Garden

yes, as in bho. They also sell "hard" bho and call it shatter.

12. nippie

Thanks MG, helpful as always

Yea I've never tried to make a dime that way, but I didn't want to rip anyone off (myself and them) specially when they are wanting something "new and different"

Yea we're a few years behind the rest of the market

Tips and advice from everyone is welcome

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Right around three times the gram price for good weed around here. I'm the only guy around here I know who makes it tho.

14. nippie

haha me too:roffl:

I might hit you up for tips on that milk drink however you say it

did you look any further into your other line of thinking? I'm trying to find a analog hygrometer that's accurate and test RH during long storage if purged that. I tried once with a digi then after I closed everything up the digi went out...total stoner move not thinking about that

15. ResinRubber

It's in the works. You put me on the right track so I hooked up with a packaged food supplier friend to get his ideas.

Bhang. I started freezing the mix in ice cube trays for the folks I know that use it as a sleep aid or anti-emetic. Works great. They make a nice decaf tea. Drop in a bhang cube or two, sweeten to taste with honey, and sip away. Easy dose regulator and keeps for months in the freezer. Whenever you want just drop me a PM.

16. ResinRubber

It's a goofy thing around here. Nobody wants or trusts BHO. They love trying it and take freebies but want to spend $$ on press or kief. Go figger. Fine by me though. I can use worse trim for those products and save the prime popcorn for my own BHO or cooking.

17. nippie

no one around here will pay for anything except bud.....first time I've ever heard someone wanting to pay for it. Don't get me wrong, people will smoke the shit out of it, but no real market at all to base a dollar figure off of to start charging.

Seriously, that's how you tell a grower around here, if they have hash, they growing. No market to buy Hash/Edibles so you have to make everything yourself. No one buys prime buds and turns them to hash or cookies around here.

I noticed this years ago, don't really talk about it to much because I don't want others to realize the same thing. I know other growers think the same way because at a wedding a couple years ago I meet a fellow and we had a "pepsi challenge" and neither of us came out and said it, but we both knew the other grew and made their own hash.

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I bought 5 globes, glass nails and the fitting to adapt into your bong for concentrates......I get em to try my BHO out......HOOKED!

Then I offer a complete setup for oils...circle complete

19. nippie

CC is a pusher, lol, sounds like what crack dealers do....might have to try that

Yea, making good old fashion bubble hash for the guy, but he's requesting cookies also so I may actually have to use bud for one of the two

Whats best is, no shit, was just shooting the shit when it was brought up....i asked "well what kind of hash"...his reply "there's more than one kind"....lol I started naming different types and he looked like he his was going to explode. Said he hadn't hash in over 20 years and it was just Hash back then. I'm guessing that means bubble hash so that's what I offered to make. Then he said he got some cookies when he was in Arizona so I making a batch for him as well.

Whats my better option, bud for bubble, trim for cookies; other way around; or do a half and half?

20. Midnight Garden

You can just use trim for both if the trim is good. Otherwise I'd use bud for the hash. If you want to make some serious good stuff use the method duc posted about.